IT.COM

Stand up for our rights!

NameSilo
Watch
Freedom of speach, Freedom of thought, but do we have Freedom of registering domain names? If it wasnt for the Corprate Ladder the domain industry would be fair game. But there are alot of companies like Google that think every typo or variation of google is there's. If they want a name they should pay for it! These companies are crookes and theifs.

We need to stand up for our rights. A new law needs to go into affect preventing these corporations to steal our registered names without a real legit reason.

HERE ARE THE FACTS THAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND

google.whatever could have accronyms like this

Go O. G. L. E. ( Go Ohio Girl Learning Elfs )
So do they have rights to O.G.L.E. ?
so if you had a banner that said GO O.G.L.E. !!! would that be google? No!
If they where to make up an website it might be GoOGLE.org (if it was available) They have rights to GoOGLE.org. JUST BECAUSE GOOGLE AND ALL THESE OTHER COMPANIES ARE RICH doesnt mean they should get away with MURDER!

You guys getting this!?

Stand up for you rights. Get a commity together. Form some new rules. Make some new laws.

Your Dogs name was google years before google.com came out, right? Doesnt that mean you have rights? :lol:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its quite hilarious to read your mindless rant. Besides the countless other overpowering arguments against your "theory", Most companies go into business to make money, most people who register copyright infringing domains whether they are variations or typos intentionally do this to make money off the back of said company. Besides the many implications that could arise, such as websites with malicious intent (phishing), lost revenue and the potential damage to reputation it is obvious to see why any company would wish to take control of domains.

In regards to TLD's you could of at least shown some common sense, Google is TM'd worldwide (to my knowledge) and it is not only useful to them but its useful to the different countries that at first try their country tld on google. Your argument in flawed in so many ways it isnt even funny. What your basically suggesting is free reign of the internet which would leave it in chaos and I doubt much of what you see would be here today if it wasnt for this sort of order.

THERE ARE FACTS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND.

•••
Also, as per your example "ogle" might be trademarked as well, and go "ogle" would infringe on O.G.L.E's trademark.

Just as "go google" is a misrepresentation of google's trademark.

So, register Flabazzlero.com sweat, bleed, intuit, and fret out your own empire.

•••
•••
If it wasn't so early in the day I'd say "I'll have whatever he's drinking"...

•••
No offense, but this is a VERY null/void topic.

LOL, I agree with Gene. Your priorities are messed up, too. Google is not murdering people - if anything, you should be complaining about Micro$oft. At Staples this morning, you couldn't go somewhere w/o seeing a Micro$oft product on the walls...

•••
Gene, absolutelly agree. somebody is drunk here. we need to put a sign on top of this site: "dont drink and post!, please" :)

•••
Or at the very least share your booze.

•••
Pour me two of whatever he's drinking.

•••
TrafficSecret said:
If they where to make up an website it might be GoOGLE.org (if it was available) They have rights to GoOGLE.org. JUST BECAUSE GOOGLE AND ALL THESE OTHER COMPANIES ARE RICH doesnt mean they should get away with MURDER!

Wrong. Whoever gets the name Trademarked first has the legal right to it. If "Go Ohio Girl Learning Elfs" registered the Trademark first, then they could give Google a legal battle if they so chose. But that didn't happen, did it?

TrafficSecret said:
You guys getting this!?
No. But are you?

TrafficSecret said:
Stand up for you rights. Get a commity together. Form some new rules. Make some new laws.

Make new laws that DON'T protect the Trademark holder? Not a chance.

Sorry but your anger is severely misplaced...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back