Dynadot

Squadhelp Nightmare! ....Help! I need feedback!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dave321

Established Member
Impact
I submitted 100 names through their premium bulk service. Paid 100.00 with their coins.

I asked support.. what price do you want me to put in the price section? I said, I dont know the value.

support emailed me back and said... If I dont know the value, just put 1999.00 .

I was told that was a "default price and the final price would ultimately be decided by their team". Ok no problem!

100 names coming up 1999.00 next to each name!

Then I start getting auto emails daily.. approved name 1 approved name 2 etc etc etc ALL WITH a 1999.00 PRICE TAG!

Now I have almost 20 names listed for 1999.00

So... I contact support again and ask... So when is the price going to be updated? When will I get an appraisal??

She tells me. Oh you will need need to REJECT the name then ask for a review of each name...

NOW HERES THE FUN PART....

I am allowed 5 reviews a month!!

BUT The good news is.... Once I have 50+ names that number might increase!

So if Im lucky in about a YEAR I might can get more than 5 reviews a month.

I have HUNDREDS of names to submit. at this rate it will take YEARS to get them all listed on SquadHelp.

WTH???

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"said, I dont know the value."

"the final price would ultimately be decided by their team".

There you have it......

You set your pricing and they agreed with you......should of spent some time looking into how to price your domains before submitting them....

•••
"said, I dont know the value."

"the final price would ultimately be decided by their team".

There you have it......

You set your pricing and they agreed with you......should of spent some time looking into how to price your domains before submitting them....

Not sure where to start. Every other brandable site Ive worked with sets the price for you. Ive never encountered anything like this.

•••
You can still change the price...but within the range

•••
You can still change the price...but within the range

Im not sure I have that option. I dont see it. Perhaps that option is only for people that set something above 1999.00 not sure

•••
If I would have put a higher price would that of triggered a manual appraisal?

•••
Go to https://www.squadhelp.com/marketplace-listings. Find the Actions column in the far right. When you click the icon, there is Change Price

For future ones:
I think when you set the initial price under $3500, it goes to auto approval. So you get whatever price you put in initially. But when it is over some price (which I am guessing over $3500), the Squadhelp team decide the price for you. But it takes longer to approve.

•••
Go to (link) Find the Actions column in the far right. When you click the icon, there is Change Price

For future ones:
I think when you set the initial price under $3500, it goes to auto approval. So you get whatever price you put in initially. But when it is over some price (which I am guessing over $3500), the Squadhelp team decide the price for you. But it takes longer to approve.

So theoretically I can just set 4k as the price for each and get what I paid for... a manual review for ALL and a real appraisal?

If so Im asking for my money back and a complete redo.

•••
So theoretically I can just set 4k as the price for each and get what I paid for... a manual review for ALL and a real appraisal?

If so Im asking for my money back and a complete redo.

Well...I am just guessing the price limit. Best if you just put $10k for each, then it will surely go the manual review. But then with manual review, it will delay the time for approval, and there is a chance of not getting approved.

Based on my experience (which not much), they never put the price higher than whatever I put in. They always lower it down, or the same. Not sure if others have the same experience.

Last edited:
•••
Well...I am just guessing the price limit. Best if you just put $10k for each, then it will surely go the manual review. But then with manual review, it will delay the time for approval, and there is a chance of not getting approved.

Based on my experience (which not much), they never put the price higher than whatever I put in. They always lower it down, or the same. Not sure if others have the same experience.

This explains a lot. Thank you

•••
SH just "agrees" with your pricing if the name is accepted. They don't price the name for you. They could reject a name if the price is too high.

Just put the price you're happy with so when it gets approved there will be no issue. It's useless to put a low price and when it's approved at that price you'll just reject/decline it anyway.

You can adjust the price later +-200 (varies)

Based on experience "auto-approve" price is 2399, any higher than that goes to manual review/approval by SH.

Hope this helps.

•••
Learned so much. AS much as this was a pain in the *** to figure out, Im glad it happened because, I get to learn something new to give me an edge. Everyone on this forum is so awesome. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sounds like a nightmares! I'll steer clear.

•••
**UPDATE.. I think its important to state that SquadHelp has a great support team and I believe its still a great option for brandable names.

For anyone that is used to brandbucket and others theres a slight learning curve. This is because they are obviously working hard to streamline/automate their process more. So some of the work involved in listing the domain is expected to be done by the sellers.

Just thought it was important to say this. Im still learning! Thanks

Last edited:
•••
@Lil85 just and FYI or maybe just to at least let you know that they do adjust price up, sometimes. I have had 10+ names over the last year-ish that they moved the price up. So, I think they are typically pretty fair there - but just based on my experience & it's been good.

I typically submit my name for about 200-400 less that I think it should be listed for on that marketplace, in this case SH, just to make sure I have the max amount of names listed on a brandable marketplace as needed.

Best of luck all

•••
@Lil85 just and FYI or maybe just to at least let you know that they do adjust price up, sometimes. I have had 10+ names over the last year-ish that they moved the price up. So, I think they are typically pretty fair there - but just based on my experience & it's been good.

I typically submit my name for about 200-400 less that I think it should be listed for on that marketplace, in this case SH, just to make sure I have the max amount of names listed on a brandable marketplace as needed.

Best of luck all

I like your domain "BrandPlease.com". Actually like it better than BB. I was surprised you didnt have domains for sale on your site. Unless I over looked them.

Last edited:
•••
@dave321 Thanks much & your observation on my site is 100% correct & the worst way to "manage" and promote my sales.

So, I'll explain my self - hahaha. Hope this will help someone else or maybe offer some ides.

So, I have (on average) 700 - 1k names. Of those name 85% are listed on BB, SH, and about 100 (I call them legacy, as they are from when BrandPa was pricing and SH wasn't even around yet).

The issue I kept running into was - I cant really participate in any negations, actually making myself known becomes more of a prob as the "make a deal outside the marketplace" messages come.

Of the remaining names most of them are Dev projects of mine:

I also have Efty (BuyNa.me)
I also have my own market: Rareium.com
I also have SH (WL): SeeMyName.com
Still dont know what to do with DotCom.Domains or NameAholics.com

Prob a couple more I cant remember hahahahah.

But, as I found my Brandables sell WAY better on the marketplaces that I was doing on my own. It's a marketing cost, time, prohibitive thing.

So, after years of trying to manage my onsite listing vs my marketplace listings - etc. I have put most of my BrandPlease efforts into providing Domainers and those looking to learn more about the web, dev seo side . Eveything there is free - and I dont really ever send and emails - when you sign up. I know better than to try to sell domains to domainers hahah. Check out AiSerp.com as well - my SEO tools, free to use.

OK, that was a ramble - did I make any sense? IDK hahah

•••
didnt have domains for sale on your site. Unless I over looked them.
@dave321 Thanks much & your observation on my site is 100% correct & the worst way to "manage" and promote my sales.

So, I'll explain my self - hahaha. Hope this will help someone else or maybe offer some ides.

So, I have (on average) 700 - 1k names. Of those name 85% are listed on BB, SH, and about 100 (I call them legacy, as they are from when BrandPa was pricing and SH wasn't even around yet).

The issue I kept running into was - I cant really participate in any negations, actually making myself known becomes more of a prob as the "make a deal outside the marketplace" messages come.

Of the remaining names most of them are Dev projects of mine:

I also have Efty (BuyNa.me)
I also have my own market: Rareium.com
I also have SH (WL): SeeMyName.com
Still dont know what to do with DotCom.Domains or NameAholics.com

Prob a couple more I cant remember hahahahah.

But, as I found my Brandables sell WAY better on the marketplaces that I was doing on my own. It's a marketing cost, time, prohibitive thing.

So, after years of trying to manage my onsite listing vs my marketplace listings - etc. I have put most of my BrandPlease efforts into providing Domainers and those looking to learn more about the web, dev seo side . Eveything there is free - and I dont really ever send and emails - when you sign up. I know better than to try to sell domains to domainers hahah. Check out AiSerp.com as well - my SEO tools, free to use.

OK, that was a ramble - did I make any sense? IDK hahah

Yes, perfect sense. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience. NameAholics is nice too. I hope that I can build my brandable portfolio to 1k at one point. I have about 100 now.

Do you mind if I ask what your yearly conversions/sales rate are on brandables via these market places like BB and SH? Ive heard a lot of numbers thrown around over the years but as BB grows Im sure these numbers are subject to change. with 700-1k names your numbers should be pretty valid.

Just trying to get a handle on what to expect as I scale my portfolio.

If you dont want to share I completely understand. Thanks again.

•••
Sure - I think Brandable Names, in the true meaning/sense of investment grade brandables are the best way for a new domainer to get into the space and generate some revenue and start buying big buck domains, instead of the $18 GoDaddy closeouts that (when carefully chosen) will be 2-5K sales on marketplace.

Realistically the time it takes to source the closeouts, research the names/marketability, best use, et.... You are prob in the same "actual cost" realm as spending 25K + on a name - but you will have 25-100 brandables in your portfolio and they will sell - at a fairly consistent % of your total portfolio (YOY). But dont confuse that % sold of total portfolio # with the potential sales value (e.g. maybe you see 2% yoy turn over - it could be your 2 cheapest or 2 most expensive or any combo. Just keep that in mind

Now you may see swings from time to time - or maybe just luck in domain choice, but a few years in you will see the typical % range sold, passively, via marketplaces (in general here: Sedo, Afternic, Efty, Dan, BB, SH, BP, and other significant platforms)

Of all places I have names listed, I have had sales via 4 channels. BB, SH, Afternic, Personal Sales efforts.

Take personal sales efforts out of any general equation AS that is the wildcard/keys to success or failure.

If you are picking names that are consistently (25% +) accepted by BB &/or SH you will likely see a 2-5% rate of sales - on those accepted - realistically most (me included) fall in the middle.

My % is mid low 2.4ish on BB (at higher $) - I am most profitable with BB and have the most name listed with them. Also, my portfolio has been on there for years (much of it anyway) & there is something to the portfolio longevity that helps. I cant define it but keep that in mind - a 1 month portfolio prob wont be on trach with a 5 yr portfolio and may not have = results immediacy - make sense?

On SH sales are surprisingly/happily good. I think I had a sale with a couple of month of opening my account. It was great and I have good sales there high 3 (close to 4%). My names there tend to be priced/sell for a bit lower, but the most often.

Next is Afternic (outside of co-marketplace listed) - low % but I also use it more like my island of lost Domains, but they are barely at 2% for me. But, if I were marketing this is what would prob grow quickest?

Did I miss anything? hahah

Last edited:
•••
Wow. this information is gold. Its nice to have some good data. Ive read this post 3 times already. I really appreciate it.

•••
Sure - I think Brandable Names, in the true meaning/sense of investment grade brandables are the best way for a new domainer to get into the space and generate some revenue and start buying big buck domains, instead of the $18 GoDaddy closeouts that (when carefully chosen) will be 2-5K sales on marketplace.

Realistically the time it takes to source the closeouts, research the names/marketability, best use, et.... You are prob in the same "actual cost" realm as spending 25K + on a name - but you will have 25-100 brandables in your portfolio and they will sell - at a fairly consistent % of your total portfolio (YOY). But dont confuse that % sold of total portfolio # with the potential sales value (e.g. maybe you see 2% yoy turn over - it could be your 2 cheapest or 2 most expensive or any combo. Just keep that in mind

Now you may see swings from time to time - or maybe just luck in domain choice, but a few years in you will see the typical % range sold, passively, via marketplaces (in general here: Sedo, Afternic, Efty, Dan, BB, SH, BP, and other significant platforms)

Of all places I have names listed, I have had sales via 4 channels. BB, SH, Afternic, Personal Sales efforts.

Take personal sales efforts out of any general equation AS that is the wildcard/keys to success or failure.

If you are picking names that are consistently (25% +) accepted by BB &/or SH you will likely see a 2-5% rate of sales - on those accepted - realistically most (me included) fall in the middle.

My % is mid low 2.4ish on BB (at higher $) - I am most profitable with BB and have the most name listed with them. Also, my portfolio has been on there for years (much of it anyway) & there is something to the portfolio longevity that helps. I cant define it but keep that in mind - a 1 month portfolio prob wont be on trach with a 5 yr portfolio and may not have = results immediacy - make sense?

On SH sales are surprisingly/happily good. I think I had a sale with a couple of month of opening my account. It was great and I have good sales there high 3 (close to 4%). My names there tend to be priced/sell for a bit lower, but the most often.

Next is Afternic (outside of co-marketplace listed) - low % but I also use it more like my island of lost Domains, but they are barely at 2% for me. But, if I were marketing this is what would prob grow quickest?

I do have another question...

What would you say to people that say why bother with BB or SH?... If you would just put all your names on afternic or.. your own site... they will sell anyway and you could save 30% in commission fees.

Many people believe a lot (if not most ) of BB and SH traffic come from type ins etc. Some have even said when we list on SH were just paying for a nice landing page.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and expertise.

•••

Great stats, just submitted my first batch of 20 names to SH, we shall see what % I get listed.

Overall my domain sales are in the 3% sell through rate on average. I have had some leaner years at ~2% and one great year at just over 4% (last year). But basically I find that's the sell through rate in my 10 years in business (hobby wise - not full time). I do no outbound marketing and only a very small % have been on brandable sites (to date solely BB). I have sold 1/3 of my BB portfolio over the years though (7 names sold of 21 listed). This made me decide recently to start listing on SH and Brandpa in addition to BB. We shall see if this helps get more names sold.

It's hard to sell brandables on your own because someone has to think of the same name you made up and hand regged. So the brandable websites are good in that they give marketing to the names (yes, at a 25-30% cost). I do like that both SH and Brandpa allow Afternic listings in addition to their own. I would've just stuck with BB for everything but didn't want to lose out on Afternic sales (which I find to be a decent amount in addition to my direct sales landers - only found by type-ins).

I agree re prices, I listed lower on SH than BB. I don't mind though if it gets more volume. We shall see if that's the case.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back