Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
 
Last edited:
74
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Only 1 more day before I can move these to Afternic and Sedo landers.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-10-03 at 18-53-38 My Domain Listings - Atom.png
    Screenshot 2026-10-03 at 18-53-38 My Domain Listings - Atom.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 26
4
•••
An update: 4.5 hours after submitting the delisting request, I still didn't see any delisting icons next to the domain names, so I contacted support again via chat. During the conversation, the support agent got the icons to show up. When I asked what would have happened if I hadn't raised the issue, I was assured there was nothing to worry about. I again voiced my concerns about the (whole) delisting process, which is extremely labor-intensive. The support agent said these concerns will be passed on to @Atom.com again.

We parted with mutual wishes for a nice day.
 
2
•••
Last edited:
5
•••
4
•••
Great app.
 
0
•••
The support agent said these concerns will be passed on to @Atom.com again.

There is an email address for reporting areas where the support team falls short: [email protected]

I hope they aren’t forwarding the emails sent here to the security guard at the door either.
 
2
•••
Can't sign in to the app. Says incorrect email or password when it isn't (or at least I don't think it is as there isn't an option to show password). I even signed out and back into Atom.com to make sure. Ah well.
 
2
•••
@Atom.com Lander suggestion

I have a swath of .ai Premium listings where I also own the name in .si
Seems to me it'd be powerful to bundle the two names into one sale.

Is this something you can build/support? A Premium bundle lander for .ai & .si?
This way the buyer doesn't have to worry about the eventual winner or what the public uses - they can own the lane
 
3
•••
2
•••
TBH, if those were your reasons for switching, I don't think anything has changed that wou'd bring you back. Other may disagree though?...
So if Atom is still complicated and the sales still mostly come from Afternic, what are some of the reasons you guys still use Atom for your landing pages? Genuine question, I'm curious.

And if you DO use Atom's landing pages, how do you set things up on Afternic to avoid the 25% "wrong DNS" commission when the name sells there?
 
3
•••
There is an email address for reporting areas where the support team falls short
Thanks for sharing. The issue usually isn't the Support team itself. Support doesn't set the policy, so they have little room to change anything and end up having to defend it anyway. I like most of the Support people, even though I've had plenty of frustrations over the years.
 
2
•••
And if you DO use Atom's landing pages, how do you set things up on Afternic to avoid the 25% "wrong DNS" commission when the name sells there?

Increase the price at afternic to offset the higher commision deducted when name sells there .
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Increase the price at afternic to offset the higher commision deducted when name sells there .
That's what I figured. I wondered if anyone just switched to Make Offer rather than doing math. 😀
 
1
•••
That's what I figured. I wondered if anyone just switched to Make Offer rather than doing math. 😀
You have to do the math. Atom doesn't allow you to list premium domains with Make Offer on other platforms. You also can't do lease payments.
 
4
•••
So if Atom is still complicated and the sales still mostly come from Afternic, what are some of the reasons you guys still use Atom for your landing pages? Genuine question, I'm curious.
Starting over, I'd list far fewer domains as Premium with Atom. I still have almost 800, and it feels like vendor lock-in: easy to get in, hard to get out (as described on previous pages in this thread). The minimum BIN also stops me from discounting heavily on domains I want to drop, and Atom's commission is steep compared to other marketplaces, without much extra benefits that I can see.

I also have a few thousand domains at Atom Plus listing level, which are still listed with Atom, but their nameservers now point to Afternic. I had put a lot of time into creating descriptions and logos for them.
 
3
•••
So if Atom is still complicated and the sales still mostly come from Afternic, what are some of the reasons you guys still use Atom for your landing pages? Genuine question, I'm curious.

And if you DO use Atom's landing pages, how do you set things up on Afternic to avoid the 25% "wrong DNS" commission when the name sells there?

I have had sales both ways. Some buy on Afternic, others buy on Atom. I also have had sales on Atom where the name(s) were listed for a decade on the other platforms and no sale occurred. And yet, shortly after listing as Premium on Atom, it sold. Now that doesn't prove causality, and it was when Atom's total listings were smaller (in the past year, this sort of thing hasn't happened). Still, it shows me that I want to list everywhere I can. What I want is sales.

Further, many are not aware Atom mitigates the dreaded Afternic penalty by paying you up to $300 if the name sells on Afternic (via their commission match guarantee), which takes the "sting" out of the NS being pointed away from Afternic.

Run the math again using the match guarantee... I think you'll see why some choose to list on Atom.
 
3
•••
You have to do the math. Atom doesn't allow you to list premium domains with Make Offer on other platforms.
Oh, I seriously doubt I would put any names on Premium (I don't think it's worth the commission they charge for it) so those rules would not apply.
 
1
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back