Dynadot

purchases Sports.com domain name to be acquired for $6 million

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So because an industry is half a trillion dollars I guess that means they can afford more than 6 million??? So it doesn’t matter anymore about the actual domain. You seem to think that just because an industry makes trillions it means they are stupid and can spend 500 million for sports.com. That’s how it works I guess. Some of the biggest companies are the cheapest out there.
that is a lowball price if you werent seeing million attached to the price. lol.

•••
Also @theinvestor Sports.com is not a liquid asset? Are you kidding me. Then what is?

no domains are not liquid. How many people on this forum can pay 6 million dollars if they listed the domain for sale? You clearly are just looking for an argument and have no reasoning.

•••
this is the reason i barely get into discussions on namepros. You literally are dumbing it down saying that because I said the industry size , automatically i think a domain is worth a certain amount..
500 million??? did i even say anything close to that? And I said about the monetization potential of the name. If you're going to pick and choose like Fox news analyst and hear what you want to hear, I'm done here.

•••
this is the reason i barely get into discussions on namepros. You literally are dumbing it down saying that because I said the industry size , automatically i think a domain is worth a certain amount..
500 million??? did i even say anything close to that? And I said about the monetization potential of the name. If you're going to pick and choose like Fox news analyst and hear what you want to hear, I'm done here.

OK you’re right. Thanks for the discussion.

•••
the seller didnt have the scruples of some domainers and had more than others. Let the buyer sell it for what its worth, the seller is out. lol.

•••
@theinvestor sports.com is among the most valuable monetizable domains, if you are comparing it to random domains, then yes it's a lot of money.. I'm seriously done, and prob reached my quota of pointless conversation on namepros.. keep your small minded valuations of domains. Voice.com is yelling at your face with 30 million dollar sales price, versus sports.com for 6 million lol Even diamond.com got more a decade ago. lol

Last edited:
•••
@theinvestor sports.com is among the most valuable monetizable domains, if you are comparing it to random domains, then yes it's a lot of money.. I'm seriously done, and prob reached my quota of pointless conversation on namepros.. keep your small minded valuations of domains. Voice.com is yelling at your face with 30 million dollar sales price, versus sports.com for 6 million lol Even diamond.com got more a decade ago. lol

great examples on those domains. I see they’re being monetized very well now and making millions.

•••
Buyer got a really good deal!!

•••
@theinvestor Did i say that diamond.com and voice.com monetized properly? I didn't. I just said the sold prices. To have a proper discussion you have to get out of your bubble.

Last edited:
•••
What about the sold prices? Prices don’t only rise. They fall as well. The majority of those sales in the past would sell for less today. That’s what you don’t understand.

•••
ok so top notch killer domains that have a heavier importance today more than ever given the unprecedented amount of people buying online, and new markets getting access to the internet somehow in your view is decreasing the value of the absolute top tier domains. If you truly believe that and not just saying that for arguments sake, then the way you view reality of domains is definitely different beyond the reach of a common ground.

Last edited:
•••
"Sports" is a very broad term... and there is also Sport.com
Congrats to the seller and buyer sides!
Great Deal!

•••
Source: Twitter
sports.com.png

Last edited:
•••
Why didn’t Rick pay 7 million then? Talk is cheap I guess.

•••
Let's not kid ourselves. 90% of the people on this forum would sell their soul for 6m. And that's way more valuable than the domain. It has the right potential to sell for way more than it did but 6 million people... That's life changing money.

Edit:

It's the choice between retiring right now or in 10 years when someone comes along willing to pay a tenfold. And what additional happyness will 60 Vs 6M give you anyway?

Last edited:
•••
THERE YOU GO, WORD PER WORD from someone who you can't argue knows domains! (referencing Rick in this comment, I hadn't even seen his post).

Also who said sports.com was publicly marketed before selling, people putting like on the comment of why he didn't spend the money as if he was offered the domain. And he can easily be referring for an end user pricepoint.. man namepros is something.

Last edited:
•••
In any other investment if you were to tell someone it is 1500% below value they would all jump on it. But for some reason that doesn’t apply to domains? Rick wants inflated prices or else it’s more difficult for him to sell his domains for more. Especially since the most valuable domain in the world only sold for 6 million! Man you are delusional.

THERE YOU GO, WORD PER WORD from someone who you can't argue knows domains! (referencing Rick in this comment, I hadn't even seen his post).

Also who said sports.com was publicly marketed before selling, people putting like on the comment of why he didn't spend the money as if he was offered the domain. And he can easily be referring for an end user pricepoint.. man namepros is something.

•••
Keep tooting your ill advised horn

Last edited:
•••
Compare $6 million to the annual operating costs of all NFL, NBA, MLB franchises combined. I guess you could also add in hockey, soccer, horse racing, auto racing, track and field, gymnastics, swimming, etc. How about broadcast rights for major sporting events like the Super Bowl, NBA Championships, Olympics, et c?

This is nothing but a definition of word sports …!

•••
The word best domain is sold with NO ROYALTIES ..!! :whistle: How come !!

Is this a violation to domainers codes of conduct ? lol

Last edited:
•••
Let's not kid ourselves. 90% of the people on this forum would sell their soul for 6m. And that's way more valuable than the domain. It has the right potential to sell for way more than it did but 6 million people... That's life changing money.

Edit:

It's the choice between retiring right now or in 10 years when someone comes along willing to pay a tenfold. And what additional happyness will 60 Vs 6M give you anyway?

Check this nice article ..

https://www.startups.com/library/expert-advice/what-if-we-sell-too-early

"Founders who have been around long enough to see high-flying startups evaporate in a matter of months (WeWork, Quibbi) have a unique appreciation for how rare these moments are."

Last edited:
•••
In any other investment if you were to tell someone it is 1500% below value they would all jump on it. But for some reason that doesn’t apply to domains? Rick wants inflated prices or else it’s more difficult for him to sell his domains for more. Especially since the most valuable domain in the world only sold for 6 million! Man you are delusional.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying in this thread, a perspective not many like to hear but you speak the TRUTH so thanks for that.

There is a difference between VALUE and WORTH and we can value our domains to cloud nine but in the end the true WORTH is the agreement reached between buyer and seller and in this case they have spoken. Anything else is speculation on what if's and what of's.

Since when did 6 million dollars become pocket change for a domain name, regardless of value?

•••
Lol at the hashtag weak hand for a 6million usd sale.

Rick Schwartz says it is worth 60m+, but he has a vested interest with his portfolio to make that statement.

In the end of the day the seller has two options. Take 6m now, or wait for 8 figures which may never come.

Last edited:
•••
As I just posted to my blog, the Sports.com domain name is to be acquired for USD $6 million:

$3 million of it has already been paid, with the remaining $3 million to be paid by the end of the year.
i have got Sports.lc hope i could get some kind of offer :xf.wink:

•••
I agree with the others saying way cheap

While $6M is still an impressive figure and sale non the less....

If VOICE (.com) was able to command $30M!?

Well then..

I’m sry, but in today’s world and the money inside sports...hell just take one players salary or a billionaire soccer player and that’s just 2 tiny tiny tiny drops that make up the world of sports

Pshhhh And only 1 .com

No no .....this name has so much more value than voice ...I can’t

60-100M+ Is what it should command

I hope it’s a ballsy reseller with deep pockets that bought it...hell even at a flip 6/12M you’d make 6Mill

And it’s worth more than 12

The amount of money in the sports industry is absurd!!!! LOOK AT WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD TO PAY THE PLAYERS.

Ok rant over.

Sports ......LOL

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back