IT.COM

purchases Sports.com domain name to be acquired for $6 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another Top domain which was undersold.

•••
For what the domain is going to be used for, yeah the domain undersold.

•••
Uh, where was the auction? Surely it could have got more with more publicity, or build something small on it to make it worth a few mill more.
I haven't been in this domain stuff for long, and I don't have near 6 mill or even 600 thousand, but I wouldn't sell that domain for less than like 25-30mil.

•••
I agree with the others saying way cheap

While $6M is still an impressive figure and sale non the less....

If VOICE (.com) was able to command $30M!?

Well then..

I’m sry, but in today’s world and the money inside sports...hell just take one players salary or a billionaire soccer player and that’s just 2 tiny tiny tiny drops that make up the world of sports

Pshhhh And only 1 .com

No no .....this name has so much more value than voice ...I can’t

60-100M+ Is what it should command

I hope it’s a ballsy reseller with deep pockets that bought it...hell even at a flip 6/12M you’d make 6Mill

And it’s worth more than 12

The amount of money in the sports industry is absurd!!!! LOOK AT WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD TO PAY THE PLAYERS.

Ok rant over.

Sports ......LOL

Domain's sale records is misleading everyone. There is no direct link nor cause and effect relationship between domain names selling prices.

If voice.com is sold for $30M , that doesn't mean sports.com should automatically sell for $31M... Well, asset.com is sold for $400k. What this has to do with sports.com? Nothing :xf.wink: domains are not tomatoes !!!

Only domineers categorized these as tear-1 domain names; the rest of the word call them businesses and every business is a different case. O_o

Also ,We don't know the whole story behind each sale, why what, and how ??

Some domains are sold years ago and still not used till today !!! Some other domains are redirected to other sites example, ice.com. fb.com ...etc !!

Some end users don't want the top domains nor want to pay royalties anymore..!! ! :xf.grin: Profile.com & Candy.com. (Candy.com is sold for 2nd time. Can someone confirm the new selling price? Did the price go UP OR DOWN ?)

Do not get mislead by domains sale records... Reasons for these sales could be anything from doing a valid business, to who knows it could even be Money Lxxxxx !!:blackalien:

Last edited:
•••
Everyone thinks it’s simple to sell domains for millions of dollars. It doesn’t matter how generic and premium your domain is. To sell a domain for millions takes patience and a lot of negotiation.
True. And a domain-only sale is unlike selling a business that's already halfway or fully developed. And that's also going to have a different pricing model.

•••
f you're going to pick and choose like Fox news analyst and hear what you want to hear, I'm done here.
So fake news CNN is better?

•••
1- @Mr. Deleted I dont give a damn about fox news or cnn. Don't derail the convo.

2- @rashedx nobody said because one name sold for a certain amount that another one should be exactly the same or so. The point is the commercial attributes of a certain domain name, the market size it caters to and the potential it has to convert.

If these simple concepts are foreign to you that you can't see what a name like Sports.com can do.. then you are among the people who stifle this industry and minimize domain values.

Last edited:
•••
•••
W
1- @Mr. Deleted I dont give a damn about fox news or cnn. Don't derail the convo.

2- @rashedx nobody said because one name sold for a certain amount that another one should be exactly the same or so. The point is the commercial attributes of a certain domain name, the market size it caters to and the potential it has to convert.

If these simple concepts are foreign to you that you can't see what a name like Sports.com can do.. then you are among the people who stifle this industry and minimize domain values.

How much did candy.com sell for the second time ?

Owners already paid $3M+ royalties and many millions in marketing , branding and SEO ? it Took them years to build their brand and yet they dont want the top domain any more !!!!

Cant they understand the lifetime value of a new customer?:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: What about market size and commercial use? :bored::bored::bored:

Answer : They can have its all with two words domain name that worth less than $2k ? GreenRabbt.com.

Market size and commercial use are for businesses not for names !!

Wake up :xf.eek:

Last edited:
•••
"market size and commercial use are for businesses not for names !!"

This quote should get its own sitcom

•••
How much did candy.com sell for the second time ?

Answer : They can have its all with two words domain name that worth less than $2k ? GreenRabbt.com.

Market size and commercial use are for businesses not for names !!

Wake up :xf.eek:

If you visit candy.com and greenrabbit.com you'll understand the shift .

Regards

Last edited:
•••
If you visit candy.com and greenrabbit.com you'll understand the shift .

Regards

I know it is a food logistics company , it is just you and other domineers don't want to see the full picture and pick and choose what they want to read !

let me rephrase this to you stop wishful thinking , stop wasting your time and start something good for your self .

Greenrabbit did not choose to replace its two-words domain name with a single one " candy". They dont want it !!!

My guess . It was sold for less then $500k with no royalties :whistle:

If you visit candy.com , you would understand the market size , commercial use and potential to convert are all false claims !

•••
Collecting info or doing DD is a good thing… apply to Sports com.

Candy, now Green Rabbit (est. 2017)

in short

The Investor: Guidepost Growth Equity ex North Bridge
( in 2017 rebrands as GGE)
- invested in Green Rabbit (2017) also in Dyn (2012, under the name NB)
- MLB Advanced Media (candy com) enter into agreement with the Dyn (Q2 2012)

- Years before Disney acquire stake in MLB, there was A.Int. Investment > North Bridge
- etc

(We are here to exchange the info, discuss, disclose findings, … when you know something that we’re not aware about the deal…. we appreciate your diligence and contribution. Thank you)

Last edited:
•••
•••
It gone cheap IMO.

Congratz!

•••
•••
FYI lottery dot com LTRY up 33% today...

•••
LTRY-Reverse-Head-and-Shoulders-Triple-Bottom-4-30-23.png

LTRY-SS-4-30-23-Yahoo-Finance-Summary.png

Cheers !

•••
•••
Our Domain Name ETF :

LTRY

<3

•••
•••
Lottery.com (Ticker: LTRY) might not exist in near-future, based on the stock price, but their domains’ Priceless!

Last edited:
•••
Do you own Lottery.com ( LTRY ) stock ?

•••
Do you own Lottery.com ( LTRY ) stock ?
No, i just like Finance.
I use NameSilo, do i need to own stock? (ticker: URLOF) NameSilo‘s my 2nd fave Registrar after Dynadot (Private)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back