Dynadot

.tv Spanish .TV names

Spaceship
Watch
Spanish .TV names, are they worth registering? Has there been any decent sales of them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
porque.tv? any idea of its' worth?

•••
showbiz2 said:
What about French?

ChannelMoi.tv?

In French, it should be CanalMoi (channel in french = canal).
Sorry, I don't want to be rude, but I don't see any value in ChannelMoi... or CanalMoi

•••
I, too am a fan of Spanish.tvs and currently own:

bancos.tv (banks)
personales.tv (personals)
zapatos.tv (shoes)

I plan on hanging onto these as I feel the demand for them is about 2-3 years down the road, however the sale mentioned above of Archivos.tv for $1000 was very encouraging. That's about the price I would be looking for for each of these ATM, however 2-3 years down the road, I would expect these and similar Spanish .tvs to be much more in demand and capable of fetching much higher prices (than 1,xxx)

Good luck!

•••
gericsb said:
I, too am a fan of Spanish.tvs and currently own:

bancos.tv (banks)
personales.tv (personals)
zapatos.tv (shoes)

I plan on hanging onto these as I feel the demand for them is about 2-3 years down the road, however the sale mentioned above of Archivos.tv for $1000 was very encouraging. That's about the price I would be looking for for each of these ATM, however 2-3 years down the road, I would expect these and similar Spanish .tvs to be much more in demand and capable of fetching much higher prices (than 1,xxx)

Good luck!

I completely agree. I wish I didn't sell off my 3 letter .es domains so early :( What I love about the spanish industry for the .tv is that .tv is international. Spanish people in the U.S will not type in .es but .tv is universal to all, understood by all, and pre-branded. With the Spanish community strongly growing in internet use... this market is worth the investment imho though be it a slightly longer termed investment. Telemundo!!!!

•••
The other thing is that you can use a lot of generics that can apply to the .TV space. It's great to see that folks are registering in this space and will be curious to see some major players come in with development plans or consolidation.

•••
Spanish and German definitely worth it IMO I would like to hear Argos and other French speakers comment on French Market

•••
equity78 said:
Spanish and German definitely worth it IMO I would like to hear Argos and other French speakers comment on French Market

As would I. I want to register in that arena more strongly but am still hesitant to register foreign names without some insight from foreign speakers and domain holders of such languages. Share the wisdom! :blink:

•••
I stated this in an earlier post, but I know Igal (DomainSpa) holds quite a few generic Spanish names. Of course, they have been registered and renewed for years, but I would be curious to see traffic/offers he gets on those from end users. I believe Antonis or Argos (apologize for the mistake) said they had a friend who sold generic Spanish names for quite a sum to some end users. The potential is definitely there.

A

•••
Come on Argos, give us the scoop ;)

•••
Parking Service

Fellow NPer's
Any of the Spanish .TV name holders have a preferred parking service? There doesn't seem to be an exclusive parking service for Spanish names. Curious on other folks' experiences.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
A

Last edited:
•••
three spanish names for sale

Cocinero.tv
Esqui.tv
Emergencia.tv

anyone care to evaluate potential??

•••
i got canaldefutbol.tv = footballchannel in spanish

•••
...For parking i think Sedo is more european ..(= more spanish with Spain)
...i just reg Pruebas.TV ..i park it immediatly on sedo for test..lol...

•••
Actel,
Thanks for the feedback.

A

•••
Mexicana.tv

I had a $3,000 deal for Mexicana.tv D-: about a month ago, on www.Sedo.com . The deal was in escrow, but the the buyer backed out of the deal. He said he was buying this name for a client, but "his lawyer advised him not to buy this name , since it was in the courts in a dispute". Of course, this was all bull, and just an excuse. My rep at Sedo agreed, and said I could take him to court for breaking the deal. I didn't fight it. I will just hang on to it. Of course the "deal in court", was referring to Mexicana Airlines, but they aren't the only Mexicana around. :cy:

Frank

Last edited:
•••
Knarf,
That's a sweet deal! Sorry to hear it did not go through. Be nice to get some Spanish .tv sales. :)

A

•••
radicalnames said:
I'm an Spanish usual buyer and I listen you. :]

Bambinos.tv
anyone interested?

•••
Also

I also have Tiempos.tv , and Cuenta.tv , both for sale.

Frank

•••
Bienvenidos.tv and JuegosAqui.tv ..

If anyone is interested, please PM.

Thanks,

ST Domains

•••
•••
This post is re: the previously mentioned size of the Spanish economy. This is from the World Bank and I stopped at 40. Roughly estimate the total GDP from all countries in this list that speak English vs Spanish (whether 1st or second). Of course adjustments should be made based on the word (e.g. overlap w/portugese, colloquial, regional differences, etc...)

English may not have the most "native" speakers, but it has become the modern linga Franca. English is now taught in schools not only in India now, but also in China, Russia, Japan, etc...

The number of people who read and understand English is several fold higher than for Spanish. Moreover, there is more uniformity in English. Many of the speakers of English as a second language learn it starting in elemetary school and are as fluent in written English as native speakers. These English speakers are also much more likely to be affluent with money and access to the internet. This is true from South America to Europe to Asia. If English names/words are compared, realistically I would value Spanish words at 1/5 the value of English terms.

See the list below:

Rank Country GDP (PPP) $m
— World 61,006,604
— European Union 12,626,921
1 United States 12,416,505
2 People's Republic of China 8,814,860a
3 Japan 3,995,077
4 India 3,779,044b
5 Germany 2,429,644
6 United Kingdom 2,001,821
7 France 1,849,666
8 Italy 1,672,006
9 Brazil 1,566,253
10 Russia 1,552,008
11 Spain 1,179,092
12 Mexico 1,108,281
13 Canada 1,077,995
14 South Korea 1,063,866
15 Indonesia 847,609
16 Australia 646,343
17 Turkey 605,876
18 Thailand 557,378
19 Argentina 553,292
20 Iran 543,815
21 Netherlands 533,404
22 Poland 528,471
23 South Africa 520,948b
24 Philippines 426,689
25 Pakistan 369,230
26 Saudi Arabia 363,232b
27 Belgium 336,564
28 Colombia 333,052b
29 Ukraine 322,392
30 Egypt 321,079
31 Sweden 293,511
32 Bangladesh 291,217
33 Austria 277,459
34 Malaysia 275,830
35 Switzerland 265,008
36 Greece 259,621
37 Vietnam 255,261
38 Hong Kong 241,866
39 Algeria 232,024b
40 Portugal 215,319

Last edited:
•••
Brainstorm,
Out of curiosity, how are you coming up with the 1/5 value? I understand there is a delay in the general acceptance of the foreign market, but there has been growing exposure in the aftermarket for Spanish names.

Thanks for the info,
A

•••
knarfmusik said:
I had a $3,000 deal for Mexicana.tv D-: about a month ago, on www.Sedo.com . The deal was in escrow, but the the buyer backed out of the deal. He said he was buying this name for a client, but "his lawyer advised him not to buy this name , since it was in the courts in a dispute". Of course, this was all bull, and just an excuse. My rep at Sedo agreed, and said I could take him to court for breaking the deal. I didn't fight it. I will just hang on to it. Of course the "deal in court", was referring to Mexicana Airlines, but they aren't the only Mexicana around. :cy:

Frank

Frank:
The problem here is that Mexicana holds a lot of trademarks. I saw it last week when going to register a "Mexico" related trademark. PM sent.

-----------------------

Ammu:
I agree that 1/5 could not be generalized. There are names that could be closer to 1/1 and names that are 1/1000, depending on the niche, the economical, social, even educational level of the end user.

-----------------------

Everyone:
I´m an active buyer of spanish .TV premiums. If someone is interested, please PM me.

•••
Ammudamus said:
Brainstorm,
Out of curiosity, how are you coming up with the 1/5 value? I understand there is a delay in the general acceptance of the foreign market, but there has been growing exposure in the aftermarket for Spanish names.

Thanks for the info,
A

A rough estimate of ratio=

[total population with access (understanding) of Spanish content x this groups average (per capita) GNP]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[total population with access (understanding) of English content x this groups average (per capita) GNP]

I could put some numbers to this if you like. My estimate may be off, we could see.

~KC

I think it this can be generalized for obvious reasons. Of course there will be exceptions and probably lots of them and I gave such a caveate in my orig. post. It's actually a good thing for domainers. The reflection of name value would map to a smaller but similar basic structure with areas highly distorted by specific differences in culture, history, perception, etc... These are the places where the ratio of value might exceed 1:1 (in favor of the spanish, as Ammu's examples illustrate). These distortions are exactly the kind that create opportunities for those people with high levels of specific knowledge in the right area to profit handsomely (IMHO).

~KC

Last edited:
•••
KC,
Thanks for the analysis. Do you hold any Spanish .tv's? As a lot of the folks have mentioned, development is huge. Either that or generating some revenue to either break even or realize margin. As the space continues to build more interest, these long term holds will be gems in today's market if you can obtain them for reasonable prices (straight reg and/or aftermarket).

Thanks,
A

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back