IT.COM

question Spanish tld domain idea, how to register?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Hi there
I have found a domain that relies on the .es of. Spain to make it work. It’s available to buy but as I don’t live in Spain there are restrictions. Any ideas?

KR - Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many thanks for the replies guys.

•••
Many thanks for your help. Kr Robert

•••
Cheers, I have one problem, Iam unable to tell fibs,can’t help it.

With regards to interests / ties to Spain, you "sell" domain names to Spanish customers

(Even if you sold one domain to a Spanish customer, at any one point, you technically aren't lying)

•••
I registered several in dot es & my domain defi.es i refused 15000$ which is now I am developing.
No restriction i found

•••
Hi, Even if you register it on any of the many domain registeries you need to make an account here
https://www.dominios.es/

•••
Cheers Amit v, I tried to register it on godaddy and they wouldn’t let me because of the .es and I don’t live in Spain. Even if I do manage to register I am not sure if anyone in the rest of the World would be able to, especially USA.

•••
I live in Europe. I registered it at Gandi.net. It was no problem. Try it there . They have a step by step intro for .es registration. I am not affiliated with Gandi in anyway.

Last edited:
•••
Amit , it’s coming up with .es is open to anyone who has interests n SPain or ties with Spain.

•••
Robert you can try registering direct here. At interest in Spain just say yes. See if it works. https://www.dominios.es/
Also check www.red.es . They are interconnected. Its been a long time since I registered a .es

Last edited:
•••
Cheers, I have one problem, Iam unable to tell fibs,can’t help it.

•••
:) Telling them that you are interested in Spain?

Last edited:
•••
Fair enough, I’ll take a look tomorrow. Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back