Dynadot

Spaceship

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SixFigures.ltd

Established Member
Impact
Out of topic, sorry: apparently, you can transfer domain to spaceship, what about out of them? It's not supported for now as long as I know.
--
This post was moved from another topic by mods. For now, transfers can be processed manually by asking support team

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey RJ, very happy to hear that you've managed to find your way around and are liking what you're seeing. If you see anything that's missing in terms of features we are always happy to hear feedback and try to deliver asap.

Regarding Namecheap, we haven't quite made a decision yet. We are 100% focused on bringing more features and tools to Spaceship as quickly as possible. We want Spaceship.com and to be head and shoulders above anything that exists today and are doing everything in our power to deliver that. Once we've gotten there we will weigh our options.

Thanks again for giving us a try!
Consider using this slogan?
”To the moon”

•••
And requests nP to add a spaceship tag next to your username. You could be anyone for all we know.
Thanks for the suggestion I will try to get this done tomorrow.

•••
Thanks for the suggestion I will try to get this done tomorrow.
Thanks for skipping me,
i legitimately thought you were replying to me.

What is enetwork? It leads to a for sale DAN page. Your NP name worse than @tamar since she cant change RL, without significant effort.

@branding made a valid request… Take this opportunity to try get 2 birds 1 stone. Change NP name; “Spaceship”

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for skipping me,
i legitimately thought you were replying to me.

What is enetwork? It leads to a for sale DAN page. Your NP name worse than @tamar since she cant change RL, without significant effort.

@branding made a valid request… Take this opportunity to try get 2 birds one stone. Thanks again, skipped me. Change your NP username to “Spaceship”

Enetwork is the username I have been using here since I first joined in 2003. That being said, that is the username i will continue to use here.

I went ahead and reserved the Spaceship username which I will pass on to someone on our team to use. Thanks for your suggestion here.

•••
Enetwork is the username I have been using here since I first joined in 2003. That being said, that is the username i will continue to use here.

I went ahead and reserved the Spaceship username which I will pass on to someone on our team to use. Thanks for your suggestion here.
Thank you, My life is complete, friend.

Last edited:
•••
@enetwork
I like Spaceship and the chat support is excellent!

The only big problem is no fast transfer ability for Afternic or Sedo. And unfortunately that is a deal breaker because it will cause us to lose a ton of money from lost sales! Please let us know as soon as you get set up for fast transfer!

•••
Hi @enetwork !
It's nice to see you here.

Please make the spaceship.com's UI/UX more domain investor friendly.
The interface looks fancy & fresh but at the same time it's over-engineered, confusing and not practical in many areas.

And I hope pricing policy will always be competitive like this.

•••

Register or renew your domains today to secure a lower price​

We partner with many registries to bring you a wide range of top-level domains, but occasionally their prices increase, which means we need to increase our prices too.
On September 1, 2023, the domains registry for .COM and .XYZ will implement universal price increases for renewals, registrations, and transfers. This increase will be up to 13% for .COM, and up to 14% for .XYZ.
What to do next
If you want to take advantage of the current price tag, renew, register, or transfer your .COM and .XYZ domains before September 1, 2023.
Renew Now
Sincerely,
The Spaceship Team

This notice is a bummer. Spaceship is raising their .com prices at double the actual increase to their cost?

•••
Hi @enetwork !
It's nice to see you here.

Please make the spaceship.com's UI/UX more domain investor friendly.
The interface looks fancy & fresh but at the same time it's over-engineered, confusing and not practical in many areas.

And I hope pricing policy will always be competitive like this.

Hey Kor, anything in particular I can help you with in terms of understanding? More than happy to go over any of our features with you. Our pricing will always remain competitive.

•••

Register or renew your domains today to secure a lower price​

We partner with many registries to bring you a wide range of top-level domains, but occasionally their prices increase, which means we need to increase our prices too.
On September 1, 2023, the domains registry for .COM and .XYZ will implement universal price increases for renewals, registrations, and transfers. This increase will be up to 13% for .COM, and up to 14% for .XYZ.
What to do next
If you want to take advantage of the current price tag, renew, register, or transfer your .COM and .XYZ domains before September 1, 2023.
Renew Now
Sincerely,
The Spaceship Team

This notice is a bummer. Spaceship is raising their .com prices at double the actual increase to their cost?
This definitely is not happening. First of all our pricing will always remain at minimum at cost and most of the time below that. Sorry for the confusion.

•••
@enetwork
I like Spaceship and the chat support is excellent!

The only big problem is no fast transfer ability for Afternic or Sedo. And unfortunately that is a deal breaker because it will cause us to lose a ton of money from lost sales! Please let us know as soon as you get set up for fast transfer!
Just settled the agreement with Afternic today so this is coming asap.

•••
•••
Hey Kor, anything in particular I can help you with in terms of understanding? More than happy to go over any of our features with you.

Just sent you a private message.

•••
Just settled the agreement with Afternic today so this is coming asap.
I'm in the process of moving most of my domains to spaceship. I had a look at the hosting plans and it seems as if mailboxes are not included in the traditional sense? Like on namecheap where you get 30 mailboxes on a hosting plan but on spaceship it seems like you have to pay a premium after a 1 year to be able to have mailboxes for domains, is that intended?

I also wondered if you plan on supporting .cx domains at the registrar like you do on Namecheap.

Last edited:
•••
Hey, it's Victoria, Hosting Product Manager at Spaceship. We do not support traditional cPanel email plug-ins, as we believe they do not provide the necessary level of quality. We designed and built our own solution - Spacemail, as we committed to delivering a great user experience to our customers. You can learn more about it on our website. We offer Spacemail mailboxes for free for the first year. The number of mailboxes depends on the Hosting plan you choose.

As for .cx TLD, it's definitely in our plans, however, no ETA at the moment. We will post once it is available on our roadmap

•••
DNS propagation status is showing low or very low percentages for all my domains with Afternic nameservers (ns1, ns2). For example, this domain's nameservers I changed 2 months (!) ago:

dns1.png

dns2.png

However, all servers are green (propagation status: online) when I use Sedo nameservers for some of my domains.

What gives???

Last edited:
•••
I have domains in sav but hosted at spaceship and it is a pain in the ass to transfer my domains to spaceship.
You have to go thru BS steps to transfer

WTF
Go figure

•••
I have domains in sav but hosted at spaceship and it is a pain in the ass to transfer my domains to spaceship.
You have to go thru BS steps to transfer

WTF
Go figure
Hello, we know it's quite complex flow at the moment, spaceship is quite new and we are gradually adding necessary features and flows. Our dev teams are working on the possibility to transfer hosted domains in a regular way and we expect it to be released to production next month. Thank you for trying our products and sharing the feedback.

Last edited:
•••
DNS propagation status is showing low or very low percentages for all my domains with Afternic nameservers (ns1, ns2). For example, this domain's nameservers I changed 2 months (!) ago:

Show attachment 255802
Show attachment 255803

However, all servers are green (propagation status: online) when I use Sedo nameservers for some of my domains.

What gives???
No answer yet? My question is how you were able to check this? Interesting data!

•••
•••

Show attachment 255802
Show attachment 255803

What gives???

Show attachment 255802
Show attachment 255803

What gives???
Hi Jannes,

There can be different reasons for that both involving zone file configuration at custom nameservers and the way our propagation tool works. One of the cases is that there is no host records at the custom nameservers end and our propagation tool cannot find anything to propagate and becomes stuck.

If domain names are configured correctly, you can try using refresh option by clicking "Show details" button and clicking on refresh symbol at the top of side panel with resolvers information.

We plan to introduce several improvements to our propagation tool (such as automatic refresh, additional communication if DNS is not configured properly at custom nameservers end etc).

If you would like, we may take a look at your particular case if you provide us with the domain names.

•••
Hi Jannes,

There can be different reasons for that both involving zone file configuration at custom nameservers and the way our propagation tool works. One of the cases is that there is no host records at the custom nameservers end and our propagation tool cannot find anything to propagate and becomes stuck.

If domain names are configured correctly, you can try using refresh option by clicking "Show details" button and clicking on refresh symbol at the top of side panel with resolvers information.

We plan to introduce several improvements to our propagation tool (such as automatic refresh, additional communication if DNS is not configured properly at custom nameservers end etc).

If you would like, we may take a look at your particular case if you provide us with the domain names.
Wow, this is one of the fastest registrar customer service responses I've ever seen on NP! Thanks for explaning some possibilities.

•••
Hi Jannes,

Thanks, I tried refreshing before but I didn't realize that the map doesn't update after that (requires reopening), so I erroneously thought that the refresh did nothing. I've now refreshed most of the least propagated domains, but if you want an un-refreshed example domain, ekkoe.com is one.

I doubt that any of them will go to 100% ("online"). Can you explain the discrepancy between Afternic and Sedo nameservers' propagation?

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 255802
Show attachment 255803

What gives???
For comparison, this tool also shows DNS query results from several locations around the world: https://digger.tools/

Check the "DNS Map" section.

Last edited:
•••
For comparison, this tool also shows DNS query results from several locations around the world: https://digger.tools/

Check the "DNS Map" section.

Thank you. So, according to Domain Digger my example domain's propagation was successful, whereas Spaceship reports "in propagation - 13%" (after half a year).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back