NameSilo

Spaceship.com registrar thread.

NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dirk

NOT ATop Member
Impact
15,005
I just tried Spaceship.com. They're a NameCheap brand and launched their beta. I think they rightfully deserve a thread on NP to discuss our experiences with their new registrar.

Remember, it's still in beta so do expect some glitches, work to be done... Would be cool in someone from NC would care to chip in :) @tamar
 
16
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
6
•••
Nice, but needs CamelCase right off the bat, though.
 
13
•••
Hang in there, we are working on consolidating all the emails for larger users like yourself. In the meantime you can try filtering the emails to another folder with your email provider.
I'm still being bombarded by emails and losing track of important emails. Please update soon. Thank you.
 
1
•••
I'm still being bombarded by emails and losing track of important emails. Please update soon. Thank you.
We targeting to release email consolidation by the end of the next month. Please stay tuned.
 
4
•••
We targeting to release email consolidation by the end of the next month. Please stay tuned.
Thanks Marina.

The biggest need of all is the marketplace. Any encouraging news on that?
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Thanks Marina.

The biggest need of all is the marketplace. Any encouraging news on that?
Hi Korganian, we are on the final stretch. I do not have the exact release date yet, but it's definitely in sight.
 
2
•••
Day 400 using Spaceship and I still get lost on the bloated interface and don't know the difference between "Domain Portfolio" and "Domain List"
 
1
•••
Day 400 using Spaceship and I still get lost on the bloated interface and don't know the difference between "Domain Portfolio" and "Domain List"
Thankfully there are plenty of options for you to choose from out there.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
6
•••
Last edited:
1
•••
@Marina Savina - Spaceship is one of the only registrars I'm aware of that has no way to speed up/approve a transfer out. Can this tech be added please?
 
0
•••
@NameGroove Spaceship does allow to speed up/approve a transfer out. In the email they send to notify of the transfer it says:

"If you wish to speed up or cancel the transfer, you can do this from your Spaceship account"

Then check that domain you're transferring out and there's an option there to speed up the transfer. I've done it many times.
 
Last edited:
5
•••
@Marina Savina - Spaceship is one of the only registrars I'm aware of that has no way to speed up/approve a transfer out. Can this tech be added please?
This is fake news.
Network Solutions and most Chinese Registrars offer this egregious, awful, atrocious “security feature” to require transfers take 7 days (molasses and paint dry is faster)

Shame the Registrars who actually do this.
Spaceship is part of the future and does not.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
@NameGroove Spaceship does allow to speed up/approve a transfer out. In the email they send to notify of the transfer it says:

"If you wish to speed up or cancel the transfer, you can do this from your Spaceship account"

Then check that domain you're transferring out and there's an option there to speed up the transfer. I've done it many times.

The seller said he received an email and you are correct. Prior to that, I used Alf, Spaceships AI assistant and it told me there was no way to speed up the process. @Marina Savina -looks like you need to update your Ai

Alf says no fast transfer.png
 
Last edited:
7
•••
The seller said he received an email and you are correct. Prior to that, I used Alf, Spaceships AI assistant and it told me there was no way to speed up the process. @Marina Savina -looks like you need to update your Ai

Show attachment 268038
Your first mistake is using Alf.
These AI generative tech still in their infancy.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Your first mistake is using Alf.
These AI generative tech still in their infancy.

Spaceship put it up on their website and asks customers to use it. So I used it. I'd say it was their mistake, not mine.
 
9
•••
Last edited:
1
•••

enetwork​

Love your platform and appreciate your incredible promos. Moved many domains so far and hope to more in the future.


Though, after moving I have found that you're missing some basic features that are a must for day-to-day ops, which make simple tasks very difficult for people with large portfolios, some include:

1. Copy selected domains
2. Sort category columns
3. Option to add more category columns

Essentially stuff that helps to select domains based on certain parameters.

Hope you can add them soon and continue in this direction.
 

Attachments

  • spaceship.PNG
    spaceship.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 88
1
•••
Beware all - Spaceship does NOT allow bulk transfers out. Clearly they offer bulk transfer tech since they allow Bulk transfers in.

So if it is your intention to bulk transfer in using their $8.17 transfer special - but then in 1 year transfer out, you're going to be doing that all manually. May not be worth the $2 per name savings. But then again - $2 per name for 1 yr is a lot of savings.
It's pretty rare for bulk transfer out options... 90% of the Registrars I have used require manual unlock & individual code request. Unless you mean bulk transfer out approval, then yes, Spaceship demands for one by one confirmation.
 
1
•••

enetwork​

Love your platform and appreciate your incredible promos. Moved many domains so far and hope to more in the future.


Though, after moving I have found that you're missing some basic features that are a must for day-to-day ops, which make simple tasks very difficult for people with large portfolios, some include:

1. Copy selected domains
2. Sort category columns
3. Option to add more category columns

Essentially stuff that helps to select domains based on certain parameters.

Hope you can add them soon and continue in this direction.
Copying selected domains is very simple at Spaceship. Just go to "domain portfolio", select any or all domains and click "copy domains" from the "bulk actions".

They allow you to create unlimited categories. Where they are lacking is in the ability to assign more than one category to each domain. It would be much more useful to be able to drill down into sub categories by being able to choose more than one category for each domain.
 
3
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back