Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Spaceship.com - Marketplace Thread

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

DomainRecap

Top Member
Impact
10,452
Spaceship.com recently launched a new Marketplace section, and as NamePros has given me the go-head, I think the company deserves its own thread for NP domain marketplace users to converse in.

https://www.spaceship.com/sellerhub/

Personally speaking, I will be setting up a new Spaceship.com account this weekend and going to work investigating its various features, options and policies.
 
Last edited:
25
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
On a more positive and on-topic note I just discovered SellerHub portfolios: https://www.spaceship.com/en-GB/sellerhub/portfolio/prescient. Not sure how new it is since I haven't checked on SellerHub since the half-assed rollout of BrandStore (which is still advertising the same 4 domains on its homepage that it was a year ago), but it's much prettier and more intuitive than both the GoDaddy/Afternic equivalent and Atom's WLMs.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Is this a recent change? I don't remember seeing either Expiration or Registration as filters when I checked earlier, but I suppose it's possible that I only checked Advanced DNS, which it's still missing from and is arguably just as important there since DNS changes are one of the most common things that domainers need to change on domains - adding Sedo's TXT verification records, for example.



Going through pages to look for specific domains amongst hundreds doesn't help much more than just scrolling through the whole list, it's still a lot of manual scrolling and scanning, which is presumably what the search is intended to solve. The problem is that the search currently resets the selection everytime you search for a new domain, so you can only make changes to a specific list of domains - like changing nameservers or adding TXT verification records - one at a time, and the filters also don't differentiate between custom nameservers, so there's no way to filter what's currently on Atom nameservers, Afternic, etc. This doesn't seem to be a very unique "workflow", rather one of the most common things you would want to do with domains. I also doubt I'm that unique in having so many domains at Spaceship, but again maybe I'm missing something. When I had fewer domains Ctrl+F in the browser used to be an easy way to get around this, but that doesn't work well when showing all domains on one page, either cause of lazy loading or something else.
Thanks for taking the time to share all these details! We’ve passed your feedback along to the team for consideration. In the meantime, bulk search can help when you have a specific list of domains to manage - just separate the domains with a comma, semicolon, or space and go ahead with the search. Domain Portfolio can also be really useful for organizing domains into custom categories, then using those filtered lists with bulk search, bulk actions, or DNS presets.
 
1
•••
kfdjfkjdjdfkjd.png


@Spaceship , there's no reason why you couldn't display a SellerHub listed domain even if you don't support TLD registrations.

(here's a chance to one-up GoDaddy, I'm sure R.Kirkendall would love that)
 
5
•••
Show attachment 313709

@Spaceship , there's no reason why you couldn't display a SellerHub listed domain even if you don't support TLD registrations.

(here's a chance to one-up GoDaddy, I'm sure R.Kirkendall would love that)
We've already received similar requests, and I've added your vote to the team as well. Thank you!
 
4
•••
Okay, so the answer is it's not technically possible to add records to a domain without adding the domain itself? I envisaged it as more of a standard hardcoded record that registrars/marketplaces/LLMs simply check for. I don't know all that much about the workings of DNS and whether such generic TXT records are possible, so I'll take your word for it.
I'm not even a fraction as knowledgeable as @Future Sensors or @mdavids, but I think you'll find that would defeat the purpose (to have the TXT record without the domain name itself included). The whole point is for it to be machine readable (which means it doesn't necessarily have to be listed on a marketplace. Hence you need all the pertinent information in the TXT record, so the agent can discover the domain and the price solely from the DNS (though the price is an option). There are various other reasons you might want this too: e.g. so you can present the domain for sale even while it resolves to a current website.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
Hello, here SellerHub newbie.

Is the transfer process really that complicated? I hesitate because of the new website for authcode delievery.

You may share your Auth code via the https://secureshare.support/ tool:- paste the Auth code into the Message field;- next, you may add a passphrase to further protect your message (this step is not required);- set the desired expiration period for your message;- click "Get one time link for secure message" and provide it to us along with the passphrase if you choose to use one.
 
0
•••
It's not as complicated as it sounds. I use the default expiration period and no passphrase. You just send Spaceship the generated link (https:// secureshare .support/secret/xxxxxxxxxxxxx) instead of the auth code. Congrats on your sale, whatever it is!

Make sure you don't visit the link yourself since it only works once!
 
Last edited:
3
•••
It's not as complicated as it sounds. I use the default expiration period and no passphrase. You just send Spaceship the renerated link (https:// secureshare .support/secret/xxxxxxxxxxxxx) instead of the auth code. Congrats on your sale, whatever it is!
Thanks Janne. Good to know young professionals around. The private buyer preferred sis checkout against AtomPay and Escrow, thus finally I was forced to use it for the first time.
 
1
•••

We said we’d celebrate 10M together. So let’s start 🚀

For the next 72 hours:

.com registrations: $6.98 for the 1st year with ALL10COMS. Up to 10 per household, while supplies last.

And yes, you wanted transfer deals too. Here you go:

.com transfers: $7.90 with 10MDUMTR. No…

 
5
•••
Is there no way to turn off LTO via spreadsheet upload?
 
2
•••
Is there no way to turn off LTO via spreadsheet upload?
Correct, and it's pretty annoying. (Existing) LTO can't be turned off via the spreadsheet, and previously set downpayment amounts can't be removed either.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
(Existing) LTO can't be turned off via the spreadsheet, and previously set downpayment amounts can't be removed either.

Thanks. That's not good, @Spaceship

I guess a workaround would be pasting all the domain names into the search bar, and then I think I could bulk turn off LTO without effecting the BIN price.

I'm trying to figure this out before enabling LTO so that I don't get stuck in some mess that's a huge pain to get out of.
 
3
•••
I guess a workaround would be pasting all the domain names into the search bar, and then I think I could bulk turn off LTO without effecting the BIN price.
Yes, that manual workround is always needed.
 
2
•••
To @Spaceship The easiest solution: if LTO was already set up on a listing, treat blank LTO and/or downpayment fields in the CSV as a request to remove them. Sellers who upload via CSV want to avoid manual corrections, since they have other priorities.
 
3
•••
To @Spaceship The easiest solution: if LTO was already set up on a listing, treat blank LTO and/or downpayment fields in the CSV as a request to remove them. Sellers who upload via CSV want to avoid manual corrections, since they have other priorities.
Is there no way to turn off LTO via spreadsheet upload?

We understand the concern, and we’ve forwarded your comments to the team for consideration.
 
4
•••
Are you seeing increase in fake offers?

Had 3 already and got another 1 that i think might be fake so I asked Spaceship support to verify.
 
1
•••
@Spaceship this is serious and URGENT

First sale with you yesterday. Buyer paid, has already received the domain, and:

1 - almost half of the payment amount has not been credited to my balance yet;

2- the amount that was indeed credited, is reported as PAYOUT DONE.

NEITHER DID I RECEIVE ANYTHING, NOR DO YOU EVEN HAVE MY PAYOUT DETAILS.
 
3
•••
SUPPORT UNSUPPORTING
 
3
•••
Are you seeing increase in fake offers?

Had 3 already and got another 1 that i think might be fake so I asked Spaceship support to verify.

I accepted the offer as instructed by support, only to find out they can’t verify the buyer and I now have to wait 72 hours to see if buyer pays.

I only asked them because buyer used obvious fake name. I thought they'll have other details to verify but NOPE.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back