Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TonyTsolakis

Established Member
Impact
In the near future space exploration seems to be more and more relevant, to me at least, with the space station and the mars expeditions, seems to me if .coms are even still relevant then, space domains could be a good investment, kind of like the robot domain craze,
anyhow there is a name on name jet up for auction right now that fits this criteria what do you guys think of the whole space names thing ? would love to know your opinions

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm into space domains, for business and pleasure. Recent regs include AerospaceTV.com -as that sector is where the action is with new players taking the field, with new toys, for a new space race. SpaceSherpa.com, CosmologyTV.com, also come to mind... to name a few.

I also think the current news of massive data taps on the major web companies, in addition to the increasingly divergent privacy regulations of different countries -and other logistical factors like energy and cooling, will move The Cloud into space.

High altitude balloons, like Google's "Loon" will serve as a springboard for a Google Satellite, and the other biggies will follow suit, if not collaborate to reduce cost.

The Cloud must be out-of-reach of prying eyes if market confidence is to be restored. Space Is The Place!

•••
•••
Have you heard about ARKYD they are planning building satalites for meteor mining, however they are a offering pictures broadcast and working with schoolsvetc.. Privately owned satalites seem a good niche.. Check them out in kickstarter..

•••
Available for the die-hards:

VisitPotPlanet.com
SpaceTapWallet.com
3DPlanetaryTravelWallets.com
3DSpaceTagnPayCloud.com

•••
Have you heard about ARKYD they are planning building satalites for meteor mining, however they are a offering pictures broadcast and working with schoolsvetc.. Privately owned satalites seem a good niche.. Check them out in kickstarter..

I've owned Spacemines.com for a year now...created in 2006. Also just got a 1999 reg...Spacegrid.com.

•••
•••
Two successful KickStarter nano-satellite firms, Nanosatisfi.com and SkyCube.org, have launches this year. I like the NanoSat 'time share' biz model -for a suite of sensors in space. Schools are a logical target market, but I see some business applications as well.

•••
only one

outer
space
insurance

•••
Getting a bit of traffic on my space domains, not sure if it is proper interest of domainers looking for a quick fix.

•••
Chances are the traffic was "proper interest" as Space is Happening so news coverage is increasing, and will continue to do so for awhile.

It was good to see ARKYD blow by its Million dollar target to raise $1.5 Mil, on Kickstarter.

A like minded project, SkyBox, also got some recent press: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/06/startup-skybox/

Planet Labs, which also launches in the next few months, got a write-up on Technology Review in the last week.

•••
My Space links folder reached a tipping point, so I rolled-out AerospaceTV.com - to get snapshot perspective of where things are now.

•••
•••
Got this from Sedo this week -

SpaceForum

(com)

Reg'd 1999

Last edited:
•••
i have only the one
SpaceSelfies

•••
Nice. I happened to register spacesy.com but it was rejected by BB & Namerific before. At least, I still have hope on this name.

•••
•••
•••
I might be the only one here to not get it. Space travel is so far out there (in the future) that registering domains for it now is probably 20 years too early for anything but a $200k flight here and there. There is a lot better to be spending your money in. My guess, if you are buying space travel domains you will likely drop them before they would become worth anything. I usually can't fly across the Atlantic and back for under $1,000. I can not imagine space flight at less than $10,000 in today's dollars.

Stick with 3D printing, LED and OLED, UHDTV, Bitcoin, wearable computers, DNA/Genome sequencing, Green technologies, smartwatches, etc. Faster return on your investment. And a lot more practical technologies too.

•••
I might be the only one here to not get it. Space travel is so far out there (in the future) that registering domains for it now is probably 20 years too early for anything but a $200k flight here and there. There is a lot better to be spending your money in. My guess, if you are buying space travel domains you will likely drop them before they would become worth anything. I usually can't fly across the Atlantic and back for under $1,000. I can not imagine space flight at less than $10,000 in today's dollars.

Stick with 3D printing, LED and OLED, UHDTV, Bitcoin, wearable computers, DNA/Genome sequencing, Green technologies, smartwatches, etc. Faster return on your investment. And a lot more practical technologies too.

I partly agree with what you are saying, but I love SpaceForum and had to have it, can be developed at any time!

Having celebrities going into space brings space travel into the public eye and come August 2014 people will be talking about wanting to go into space all over the world etc........

Doing research and being smart about buying the right aftermarket space domain is all what it is about for me, I can't speak for others.

Cheers

Stu

•••
I agree with Webbs on this one,m its going to be quite a few years before the general public can even consider going to space, even some famous/wealthy people wont be able to justify paying the ticket price in the next few years

It will cost a fortune getting the "spaceship" to space in the first place, so unless they can create a large enough vehicle to carry loads of passengers the prices will remain high, and without competition, they can keep the prices ridiculously high and aimed at wealthy celebs/business people.

•••
lots of two words space domains still there to register....just need to try hard :)

•••
I agree with Webbs on this one,m its going to be quite a few years before the general public can even consider going to space, even some famous/wealthy people wont be able to justify paying the ticket price in the next few years

It will cost a fortune getting the "spaceship" to space in the first place, so unless they can create a large enough vehicle to carry loads of passengers the prices will remain high, and without competition, they can keep the prices ridiculously high and aimed at wealthy celebs/business people.

With regards to the general public going into space, I also agree with Webbs.

But everyone will be talking about going to space come August 2014!

NBC to televise first Virgin Galactic commercial flight - http://www.gizmag.com/nbc-virgin-galactic/29720/

"The price of the trip is $250,000 per person, and Virgin Galactic says it has already accepted roughly $80 million in deposits."

Lots of Space sites up and running already.

Watch this space..........

Last edited:
•••
I've always liked this one:
SpaceCommunication.com

•••
spaceforum is a ripper . i will be letting one of my two space domains drop

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back