Dynadot

question Source for collecting data like Namebio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AuctionBio

Top Member
Impact
Hi folks,

I was searching but could not find one, I am looking to find answers to following quextions
How a websites like NameBio.com and DNPric.es collects their daily data? Are they using some APIs, or they have some agreements with registrars and auction houses?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a mix. Some venues post their auction history for everyone to see. Others have public auctions that we have bots watching and recording the results. Some venues we have to place tens of thousands of back orders per year to get the results. Sedo also sends us a weekly report, NameJet sends us a monthly one, some private sellers and brokers report sales to us via email, a few new gTLD registries also provide us with quarterly reports. Occasionally friends will send us exports from their SnapNames accounts. I've even sat at several live auctions at conferences writing down the results by hand :) There are a *lot* of moving pieces.

•••
It's a mix. Some venues post their auction history for everyone to see. Others have public auctions that we have bots watching and recording the results. Some venues we have to place tens of thousands of back orders per year to get the results. Sedo also sends us a weekly report, NameJet sends us a monthly one, some private sellers and brokers report sales to us via email, a few new gTLD registries also provide us with quarterly reports. Occasionally friends will send us exports from their SnapNames accounts. I've even sat at several live auctions at conferences writing down the results by hand :) There are a *lot* of moving pieces.

Thanks for detailed reply.. I really appreciate it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back