Dynadot

discuss Someone bought i.news for $35,000 and left it?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I just noticed the sale of i.news for $35,000. Someone bought it for that price and left it to no avail.

There is no website on that name.
I wouldn't consider that as a reseller price, would you?

How can people afford to buy such names and not develop it!

Your take on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some people even drop their domains which were purchased for 5F...

•••
+ traditionally many sales are fake or for tax optimization purpose...

•••
Nice sale, I have a bunch of i.gTLD domains, news of this sale makes my day:)

•••
Very interesting, I own ine.ws

•••
Not sure - but they're more than welcome to do the same with my domain: i.hosting ;)

•••
sometimes when you have billions, 35K were quite nothing to loose LOL

•••
•••
I just noticed the sale of i.news for $35,000. Someone bought it for that price and left it to no avail.

There is no website on that name.
I wouldn't consider that as a reseller price, would you?

How can people afford to buy such names and not develop it!

Your take on this?

wales can always afford to waste money... it is not the first time, neither will it be last.

•••
+ traditionally many sales are fake or for tax optimization purpose...
How many would be of that kind? That would be a small percentage I guess. And sales like these which are the only few in these categories won't be fake I believe!

Thoughts?

•••
Nice sale, I have a bunch of i.gTLD domains, news of this sale makes my day:)
Well, sales like these are rare. Very rare! I wouldn't tell you to base your proposition on this.

Not sure - but they're more than welcome to do the same with my domain: i.hosting ;)
That might actually give you some good returns someday maybe!

•••
Well, sales like these are rare. Very rare! I wouldn't tell you to base your proposition on this.

That might actually give you some good returns someday maybe!
That's the idea ;)

•••
How many would be of that kind? That would be a small percentage I guess.
It is not small, such tax optimization technique is popular and used for many years...

•••
Fund.com was bought for 10million in 2008 and it is left undeveloped, so does many names. For some it is product for some it is investment, for some it is tax optimization...For some of us it is our mortgage plan, retirement plan, party expense, etc etc...

•••
I sold a domain for low to mid five figures about nine months ago and the owner hasn’t yet bothered to change the nameservers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back