DAN.com

Some top acquisitions of 2020

Labeled as purchases in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by AbdulBasit.com, Oct 8, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. kaposzta

kaposzta Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thank you for this informative post, I hope you can share your newest acquisitions with us more frequently, maybe on a monthly basis!

I sold vivante.co in March for $395, funny to see that you own the .com version :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for your feedback and kind words which is much appreciated :xf.love:

Vivante was a private acquisition.

I like all your 3 domains (y)

3. AbdulBasit.com

Thank you!

Congrats on the sale. Never mind, but I believe you undersold the .co one. What are your thoughts on it?

By the way, the funny thing about Vivante.co is that at the bottom of their homepage, they've mentioned [email protected]COM as their contact address :xf.laugh:

4. kaposzta

kaposzta Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, now I start thinking I undersold that one, but at the time of the sale I couldn't even explain myself why I registered it in the first place :) So anyway, I'm content with the sale, as the ROI was still astronomical :)

It's funny how they misspelled their email address, maybe subconsciously :D It might be worth sending them an email that the .com version is available for a reasonable price :)

5. AbdulBasit.com

The best thing for all of us is to learn from our experiences.

I contacted them via live chat and informed about the mistake which they said of fixing but the problem still exists. I don't want to offer them at first and would like them to knock my door. The asking price isn't reasonable for many for the .com so I'll have to wait for the right buyer...

6. s.g

s.g Okay, you've cracked it. There is more to us...

Smart domains, great inspiration.

Thanks!

7. UncleBrand

UncleBrand Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

by the way i see that Vivante use Afternic nameserver redirection

have you tried to redirect to the Bin Afternic page for your domains,
    i have met a few top domainers who do just that and say that the conversion increase a lot
    it is a little tedious work, but worth it

8. AbdulBasit.com

Are you talking about such lander - https://www.afternic.com/domain/thetoken.com ?

If yes, I haven't tried it and no plans to do so because IMO that decreases the chance of selling the domain. The reason is the buyer is unable to get in touch with the Afternic broker like the usual way of reaching via TheToken.com lander. By reaching out, there are chances for both parties to communicate, negotiate and strike the deal somewhere and I sometimes do have flexibility to adjust in price from the BIN.

9. UncleBrand

UncleBrand Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

yes i'm talking about that type of forward

some domainers swear it's the highest converting,
    at least for lower Bin, i mean Bin under 10k$

but negotiating and contact with Afternic Brokers
    is needed for higher sales for sure

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  10. AbdulBasit.com

Thanks for the confirmation and sharing else's experience. However, I don't plan to use it since I many times have flexibility in reducing the BIN for any price range.

But since you're shared it, some might like it and find it useful for their portfolio.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice