IT.COM

information Some of my own experiences with domain transfer.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chayan Molla

Established Member
Impact
GoDaddy: It takes 15 to 60 minutes to transfer a domain from Godaddy Registrar to another registrar. Note: accept the pending transfer out option of Godaddy's portal.

Epik: It takes 10 to 30 minutes to transfer a domain from one epik registrar to another. Note: The transfer email must be approved.

Dynadot: It takes 10 to 30 minutes to transfer a domain from one Dynadot registrar to another. Note: I have authorized this transfer from the transfer email.

Namecheap: It takes 15 to 30 minutes to transfer a domain from namecheap registrar to another registrar. Note: Transfer must be approved by email.

Namebright: It takes 15 to 60 minutes for a domain to be transferred from a namebright registrar to another registrar. Note: You have to approve the outbound transfer option of namebright portal.

Public Domain Registry: It takes 5 to 7 days for a domain to be transferred from a Public Domain Registry (PDR) registrar to another registrar.

123 Reg: It takes 5 to 7 days to transfer a domain from 123 Reg Registrar to another registrar. Note: If the transfer is approved by email, the transfer will take place within 10 to 30 minutes.

If you have any experience with domain transfer, be sure to share in the comment box.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice and informative posts...basic and useful!

•••
•••
GoDaddy: It takes 15 to 60 minutes to transfer a domain from Godaddy Registrar to another registrar. Note: accept the pending transfer out option of Godaddy's portal.

Epik: It takes 10 to 30 minutes to transfer a domain from one epik registrar to another. Note: The transfer email must be approved.

Dynadot: It takes 10 to 30 minutes to transfer a domain from one Dynadot registrar to another. Note: I have authorized this transfer from the transfer email.

Namecheap: It takes 15 to 30 minutes to transfer a domain from namecheap registrar to another registrar. Note: Transfer must be approved by email.

Namebright: It takes 15 to 60 minutes for a domain to be transferred from a namebright registrar to another registrar. Note: You have to approve the outbound transfer option of namebright portal.

Public Domain Registry: It takes 5 to 7 days for a domain to be transferred from a Public Domain Registry (PDR) registrar to another registrar.

123 Reg: It takes 5 to 7 days to transfer a domain from 123 Reg Registrar to another registrar. Note: If the transfer is approved by email, the transfer will take place within 10 to 30 minutes.

If you have any experience with domain transfer, be sure to share in the comment box.

Nice informative post. Thanks for haring bud!

•••
•••
Last time I did transfers (2+ years ago) from:
- name.com 5 - 7 days
- bigrock.in 5 - 7 days

•••
Last time I did transfers (2+ years ago) from:
- name.com 5 - 7 days
- bigrock.in 5 - 7 days
Thank you for sharing your experience.

•••
Epik was near instant upon approval. Dynadot was close. Porkbun takes pretty long too, haven't measured it though.

Last edited:
•••
62: It takes 10 to 60 minutes to transfer a domain from one 62 registrar to another. :xf.grin:

•••
Epik was near instant upon approval. Dynadot was close. Porkbun takes pretty long too, haven't measured it though.

•••
Weird ! I've transferred domains from Godaddy to Epik & it takes 6-7 days !?

Last edited:
•••
62: It takes 10 to 60 minutes to transfer a domain from one 62 registrar to another. :xf.grin:

•••
It is not supposed to take so much time.

•••

Did they (GD) sent you a request to approve by email? They seem to randomly do this, after you approved the transfer in your panel. The email takes a couple of days, the confirmation after approval takes a couple of days.

6-7 days sounds about right.

Most of the time you can just approve it through your account and it get processed (almost) instantly.

•••
Update...........................

Namesilo:
It takes 10 to 30 minutes to transfer a domain from one Namesilo registrar to another. Note: The transfer email must be approved.

Last edited:
•••
Back