IT.COM

SOLVED: NameBright Just Reset the NS Settings on 270 Domains

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Today the DNS settings on 270 domains got reset to empty for no reason whatsoever. All 270 domains got their name servers deleted to completely empty. 270 sites stopped working all of a sudden without our knowledge at NameBright. No one has ever warned us of something like this happening. I have tried to contact them, but still no response. Their support is slow and I won't get into the details of the mess they caused for us by this incident.

All our employees are now manually updating nameservers to 270 domains instead of working today. I haven't seen something this unprofessional for years. I hope @JBubba can chime in and explain this in a timely manner. This is caused us damages as it made us look unprofessional in all our clients eyes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
spiritfly,

If you look at history on any of your domains, you will see you changed category level settings to be nothing at 9:04am (MST) on May 6th. What you did was you went to your category, you set nameservers to "control at the category level", set the category to have no nameservers, then clicked "save". Then there was a warning which was presented to yourself that said:

change-category-confirmation.jpg

You then clicked "Save" from that dialogue box.

This is what changed all domain names in your account. It was not NameBright's system as you inaccurately reported.

Andrew

Attachments

• change-category-confirmation.jpg
    change-category-confirmation.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 87
•••
Thank you for your reply. I can see that this may be a mistake on our side. I will talk to my personnel about it and see. We are well experienced with managing the domains in our namebright account, but this Category change must have confused someone who was at the end of their working shift.

I apologize for the harsh words, panic mode was on ever since we experienced this. I will create separate limited accounts for my team so I can prevent issues like these.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back