Dynadot

new gTLD Sold my first .shop

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mario86

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

i sold a .shop via SEDO. I can´t say much about the name yet but its 1 keyword related to a water sport.
I payed $140 two weeks ago and sold it for $4.500 :)

Kind regards

Mario

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Congrats . That is good ROI

•••
•••
Is that an inbound ?
No. I listed this name days ago in Sedo and offers came by it self by one interested party.
Maybe i should had wait and not sell it but i thought it was a great and very quick ROI
Still ow 10 ".SHOP"s more . I am optimistic about this gtld :) Thank you guys

Last edited:
•••
Cool.. Good sales.
No. I listed this name days ago in Sedo and offers came by it self by one interested party.
Maybe i should had wait and not sell it but i thought it was a great and very quick ROI

•••

Thats impressive. So no auction, just a normal listing with a "Buy it now" or "Offer"?

Do you have your domains DNS pointed to SEDOPARKING?

If so, which lander?

Apologies for all the questions. I recently listed all my domains at Sedo and I am trying to find the best options.

•••
•••
Thats impressive. So no auction, just a normal listing with a "Buy it now" or "Offer"?

Do you have your domains DNS pointed to SEDOPARKING?

If so, which lander?

Apologies for all the questions. I recently listed all my domains at Sedo and I am trying to find the best options.
Hi Pierre, there was no price on the listing. I received first a 100€ offer, i counter with 5.000€, he offered then 2.000€, i countered with 4.000€ and he accepted. I have to say it was not the first offer i received on that 2 weeks old domain. I received two other offers (private) of 2 and 3k coming from US and Australia.

The buyer comes from Europe just as i do.

Last edited:
•••
I really should pay some attention to those 100$ offers. Dollar Euros Pounds etc

Last edited:
•••
I must say i already received offers on 2 .shop domains. And i only have 10 of them. Regular yearly fees (around $20). The offers came all privately i din´t had to look for anybody. Only this last one came via SEDO wasn´t private obviously

Last edited:
•••
•••
just wondered did you see if the name was a premium in .store...or is registered .

•••
just wondered did you see if the name was a premium in .store...or is registered .
It is registered and i know the owner. I think he was not so happy when i told him cause he expected $xx.xxx for his .store and now .shop went out now for $4.500 haha. But well.. the one who bought it from me is also selling domains and he may sell it in 1 or 2 years for a better price. In the ".shop showcase" thread of this forum i wrote my .shop portfolio. I can´t tell the name but if you are interested have a look. You may guess for your self which one it could be ;)

•••
I was thinking if the buyer of name like this could contact both store and shop owner to see if he could get the price down..if you know what I mean.
a little bit like the com owners like to have the .net.

and I find it a little strange you still don't think the guy with the store name will not get his $xx,xxx because you sell your cheaper...

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking if the buyer of name like this could contact both store and shop owner to see if he could get the price down..if you know what I mean.
a little bit like the com owners like to have the .net.
He didn´t get contacted but i understand your point.
I registered same keywords on both extensions .shop and .store.
But most of those keywords that had regular fees on .shop where premium on .store. When i say premium i mean 30k per year... The same also the other way around

•••
well I think you did well in your sale
I do like .shop and have a few but I do like store better sounds more professional to me.
I have turn down $2000 for my .shop and the guy then contact the .store with $50.
I had both names.lol...for now I keeping both

Last edited:
•••
well I think you did well in your sale
I do like .shop and have a few but I do like store better sounds more professional to me.
I think it depends on the keyword and his niche. In a general overview i can only say that .shop sold in the first 2 days more than .store in his first 2 or 3 months

•••
It is registered and i know the owner. I think he was not so happy when i told him cause he expected $xx.xxx for his .store and now .shop went out now for $4.500 haha. But well.. the one who bought it from me is also selling domains and he may sell it in 1 or 2 years for a better price. In the ".shop showcase" thread of this forum i wrote my .shop portfolio. I can´t tell the name but if you are interested have a look. You may guess for your self which one it could be ;)

It was not hard to guess the name after reading your initial post ;) The same name in .store was registered on 06/14/2016, and you registered the one you sold on 09/26/2016 :)

Nice name and congrats on the sale!

•••
•••
Domaining forces us to develop many skills ;)

•••
•••
It was not hard to guess the name after reading your initial post ;) The same name in .store was registered on 06/14/2016, and you registered the one you sold on 09/26/2016 :)

Nice name and congrats on the sale!
I may have sold it to quick. Should had wait a bit but some times it´s better like this in my opinion and the ROI in this case has been fair enough.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back