Dynadot

new gTLD Sold my first .shop

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mario86

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

i sold a .shop via SEDO. I can´t say much about the name yet but its 1 keyword related to a water sport.
I payed $140 two weeks ago and sold it for $4.500 :)

Kind regards

Mario

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
would appreciate if you'd update your post after the sale is finalized with the domain name.

UPDATE: SEDO received the $4.500 and i sent them the domain.

The domain was.... JETSKI.SHOP ;)

Still have other .SHOP:
Wakeboard.Shop
Kiteboarding.Shop
Quadbike.Shop
Kickboxing.Shop
Nootropics.shop
OnlineSex.shop
Skimboard.Shop
Snapback.Shop
SmartDrugs.Shop
Hoverboards.Shop

•••
•••
I made a massive mistake... of course the domain had this weird "60 days lock" . I can only transfer it on November 22nd. So i had to call goDaddy and ICANN to try to solve this problem.

Explained GoDaddy about my situation they said that there was nothing they could do and that they where sorry that i couldn´t get through with my sale. So i immediately called ICANN (very friendly i must say), they gave me a quick solution which was not transferring the domain to an other host company, but just change the name from account to an other (from host x to host x) .

Buyer agreed with this solution and went ahead creating a new goDaddy account and everything is solved. Terrible mistake by my side... (i made a logo for him to compensate my error).

So after talking to ICANN i called goDaddy back... I flipped completely out on them. They should had offer me this easy solution that ICANN quickly suggested me.

I have more than 50 domains there. I am considering to move them all to other hosting company.

Sorry for my English...

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Is that an inbound ?
No. I listed this name days ago in Sedo and offers came by it self by one interested party.
Maybe i should had wait and not sell it but i thought it was a great and very quick ROI
Still ow 10 ".SHOP"s more . I am optimistic about this gtld :) Thank you guys

Last edited:
•••
I really should pay some attention to those 100$ offers. Dollar Euros Pounds etc

Last edited:
•••
•••
It is registered and i know the owner. I think he was not so happy when i told him cause he expected $xx.xxx for his .store and now .shop went out now for $4.500 haha. But well.. the one who bought it from me is also selling domains and he may sell it in 1 or 2 years for a better price. In the ".shop showcase" thread of this forum i wrote my .shop portfolio. I can´t tell the name but if you are interested have a look. You may guess for your self which one it could be ;)

It was not hard to guess the name after reading your initial post ;) The same name in .store was registered on 06/14/2016, and you registered the one you sold on 09/26/2016 :)

Nice name and congrats on the sale!

•••
•••
Domaining forces us to develop many skills ;)

•••
I would sell it too for that amount. Yes, probably you could get more, but those new gTLDs are still unestablished and you never know if there will come a better buyer.

It is a great name. Did not check the exact search, but I guess it is
big for the keyword together with the extension. There are a lot of global businesses who sell that product, but you cant be sure they understand how important is to have such a name and which benefits it brings. Also, they are most likely not aware of the importance of an EMD and that keyword+extension is pure EMD that cant be any better (and Google algorithm cares about the extension when giving search results and considers the extension as the part of keyword).

I wish Schwartz, Mann, Schilling and company put small chunk of money they earned on domains and pay Superbowl commercial which will explain how important EMDs are and that keyword.shop can actually be at least as good for SEO as it is keywordshop.com. That will help us all, and will help them too to earn even more money.

Last edited:
•••
I would sell it too for that amount. Yes, probably you could get more, but those new gTLDs are still unestablished and you never know if there will come a better buyer.

It is a great name. Did not check the exact search, but I guess it is
big for the keyword together with the extension. There are a lot of global businesses who sell that product, but you cant be sure they understand how important is to have such a name and which benefits it brings. Also, they are most likely not aware of the importance of an EMD and that keyword+extension is pure EMD that cant be any better (and Google algorithm cares about the extension when giving search results and considers the extension as the part of keyword).

I wish Schwartz, Mann, Schilling and company put small chunk of money they earned on domains and pay Superbowl commercial which will explain how important EMDs are and that keyword.shop can actually be at least as good for SEO as it is keywordshop.com. That will help us all, and will help them too to earn even more money.

you are do right with regard to the SEO benefits of stocks.shop for example as Google recognises .shop ss the word shop and its s shorter domain than any extension i have s similar gtld legal.photos nothing will get shorter or better organic SEO than that in its category - i would have used a few.shop as an example but don't own a few.shop so couldn't so used mind as an example but i know what you say is right eg SEO as i tested a .direct domain out for organic SEO purposes and it works great

but its a win win because the value of new gtlds will rise in value for the domain name investor and initially it will cost the end user more but they will save big time on ppc ax costs due to fantastic free organic SEO from buying the right gtld making the domain name pay for itself quite quickly through increased business generated from higher Google ranking due to buying a decent domain name

•••
would appreciate if you'd update your post after the sale is finalized with the domain name.

•••
•••
Congrats . That is good ROI

•••
Cool.. Good sales.
No. I listed this name days ago in Sedo and offers came by it self by one interested party.
Maybe i should had wait and not sell it but i thought it was a great and very quick ROI
Still ow 10 ".SHOP"s more . I am optimistic about this gtld :) Thank you guys

•••
•••
Thats impressive. So no auction, just a normal listing with a "Buy it now" or "Offer"?

Do you have your domains DNS pointed to SEDOPARKING?

If so, which lander?

Apologies for all the questions. I recently listed all my domains at Sedo and I am trying to find the best options.
Hi Pierre, there was no price on the listing. I received first a 100€ offer, i counter with 5.000€, he offered then 2.000€, i countered with 4.000€ and he accepted. I have to say it was not the first offer i received on that 2 weeks old domain. I received two other offers (private) of 2 and 3k coming from US and Australia.

The buyer comes from Europe just as i do.

Last edited:
•••
well I think you did well in your sale
I do like .shop and have a few but I do like store better sounds more professional to me.
I think it depends on the keyword and his niche. In a general overview i can only say that .shop sold in the first 2 days more than .store in his first 2 or 3 months

•••
@Mario86 congrats! Could you please show us the name?

•••
I have 4 other "water sport" related .shop domains haha. I can´t say it yet. If you guess please don´t make it public :)
So, You will get 4 more big offers... :)

•••
Congrats, nice sale for this emerging extension. Good luck with others.

•••
Wow man a good sale..
Good Luck for your other domains too!

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back