IT.COM

discuss Sold my first domain after the comeback!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello guys..

I came back into domaining to start again with hand registrations...with a total investment of $100.

I started with researching and bought 4 domain names.

It was a City+Niche domain name.
I invested a total of around $32 for 4 domain names(since you get the first domain name for around $2 on GoDaddy).

Completed the sale of one of those domain names for $199.
It took 1 week and I reached out to 6 probable clients out of which one converted.

Yes, not a big sale, but then the strategy I am going to follow is more of a numbers game than big figures sale.

Thank you everyone for the support!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well done dude,

Congrats!... nice way to break the ice after a comeback :)

Looking forward to seeing more sales being reported by you....

•••
Congrats, thats a good ROI within a week

•••
Question Time?

1. Did you followup your emails for selling domains or did the respondent agreed for buying during 1st email itself?
2. How many total emails you sent for promoting all the 4 domains?
3. Was $199 the initial price or did they involve bargain?
4. What was the process after the buyer agreed. Did you send them a paypal invoice and then did the transfer or did you ask them for making escrow.com account etc?
5. Did you use a 2-3 sentence email stating that the domain is for sale or did you sent them a long pitch explaining the benefits of new domain?

That's it

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats - starting wiht just 4 names was probably the best decision. Don't fall into the trap of spending all your money on registering everything in site. :)

•••
Nice Comeback sale! You still made a decent profit out of 4 names!

•••
Congrats on the sale!

Question Time?

1. Did you followup your emails for selling domains or did the respondent agreed for buying during 1st email itself?
4. What was the process after the buyer agreed. Did you send them a paypal invoice and then did the transfer or did you ask them for making escrow.com account etc?
5. Did you use a 2-3 sentence email stating that the domain is for sale or did you sent them a long pitch explaining the benefits of new domain?

That's it

Got same questions on my mind :)

Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
Question Time?

That's it

Here are the answers:

1) I did not follow up on this one since I got the reply in the first email itself. However it is to be kept in mind that the email was sent at around 1 pm US time, which may be considered a good time and probable that the buyer can make buying decisions at this time. Better to send it around 3 or 4 pm.
Also, to be kept in mind to send the emails on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday instead of Monday.

2) I haven't counted the total mails. Maybe 7-8 leads per domain, and then a gentle reminder after 2-3 days.

3) It involved a negotiation. I quoted $249 and the buyer said $150. We settled on $199.

4) I put my LinkedIn id in signature. That builds trust. I asked him to pay first on PayPal and then the domain name will be pushed within an hour of paying. He paid and I pushed the domain name.

5) It was a long personalized pitch with benefits involved for their business.

Thanks!

•••
•••
Congrats - Welcome back to domaining - Wish you many more sales like that!

•••
what is your domain name and you register?

•••
personalized pitch with benefits
Congrats!
I think the watchword here is "personalized pitch with benefits"
It always works.

Happy domaining!
----------------
To all: don't forget to grab your copy of my just-launched Domain Portfolio Management script at www.dhhat.com

•••
•••
Well done @Arpit131 ! Looks like you are back on track!

•••
•••
Hello guys..

I came back into domaining to start again with hand registrations...with a total investment of $100.

I started with researching and bought 4 domain names.

It was a City+Niche domain name.
I invested a total of around $32 for 4 domain names(since you get the first domain name for around $2 on GoDaddy).

Completed the sale of one of those domain names for $199.
It took 1 week and I reached out to 6 probable clients out of which one converted.

Yes, not a big sale, but then the strategy I am going to follow is more of a numbers game than big figures sale.

Thank you everyone for the support!!
Great work there. Let us know your suggestions. Are these .COM's or GTLD's ?
I was trying to reach some clients many responded but haven't converted to a sale

•••
Great work there. Let us know your suggestions. Are these .COM's or GTLD's ?
I was trying to reach some clients many responded but haven't converted to a sale

It was a .COM. When having a small budget budget, the only sure shot way to make it through is by .COM..in my opinion!

•••
It was a .COM. When having a small budget budget, the only sure shot way to make it through is by .COM..in my opinion!
Great to here.. good if you can Personally message me the details..I am researching on some areas ..It would be good if you can suggest them. Thank you

•••
•••
Congrats, being in the Black is a great restart, sure beats being in the RED.
Joe T

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back