IT.COM

various Sold my 4th and 5th domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I am awaiting payment on one domain, so it is tricky to say whether I've sold 4 or 5 domains:)

GetThc.Online
GotBought.Com

The money hasn't started rolling in yet, but reducing inveentory is the goal right now!! And not losing my shirt:) No one wants to see me shirtless.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
no way to donate him a domain for that
I do not know what you mean. Are you saying, selling him the domain for 1XX was dumb? I agree if thats what you mean! It was BIN for 100, my mistake! Sorry for being confused.

•••
I do not know what you mean. Are you saying, selling him the domain for 1XX was dumb? I agree if thats what you mean! It was BIN for 100, my mistake! Sorry for being confused.

I understood
you gave him the domain for free or very low $
because of that trademark

if you got $1K USD
then thats ok just move on

•••

when you learn to understand trademark law better
you smile next time
when somebody wants a domains for low $xxx USD
based on such stupid claims

•••
so i did not know anything about the trademark until after the sale. I had it on sedo bin 100. Mistake, but eh! I saw email saying i sold a domain, looked to see what scam was being played:) Saw it was real. Few days later visited love smiled dot com where i saw his picture, and thought XFUUEVNLLJGFF . . .

So it was a mistake!

•••
Congrats on the sales! Doing good, I only have one sale so far this month. Keep it up!

What domain did you sell if you care to share. Was it a domain younacquired through tertiary markets or did you hand reg it? What % of profit did you make, or cost of domain vs sale price;)

•••
when you learn to understand trademark law better
you smile next time
when somebody wants a domains for low $xxx USD
based on such stupid claims
Translation= I left hundreds of dollars on the table??!!??

•••
Translation= I left hundreds of dollars on the table??!!??

Don't beat yourself up over it. Yes, LoveSmiled is a good brandable, but there are lots of them like that you can register. Don't fall in love with any of your names, you did good with it.

•••
What domain did you sell if you care to share. Was it a domain younacquired through tertiary markets or did you hand reg it? What % of profit did you make, or cost of domain vs sale price;)

It was a hosting related .com that I aquired in 2004 for $10 or $20, don't really remember now. Sold it for $500. I find the hosting niche is a hard niche to sell in even if it is a really good domain. Offer came threw to my email. I probably went to low but did not want to hold it for another 13 years. Lol

•••
•••
•••
I am awaiting payment on one domain, so it is tricky to say whether I've sold 4 or 5 domains:)

GetThc.Online
GotBought.Com

The money hasn't started rolling in yet, but reducing inveentory is the goal right now!! And not losing my shirt:) No one wants to see me shirtless.

Congratulations :)

•••
•••
Great job, keep it up and keep learning!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats, Keep it up. You're still learning so recouping some of your expenses through low figure sales is not so bad. At least it's not a total loss. As you go further in domaining things will start falling into place. I think you gain knowledge with every offer/sale/negotiation/loss/drop/... So these are more valuable than merely the dollar amount. You're also showing that you're reasonable and trying to find ways to stay afloat and not be an unreasonable dreamer and then things come crashing down on you. I'm impressed at your progress and wish you nothing but success. Congrats again.

•••
Regardless of how the numbers add up, the excitement of the first few sales is a great feeling.

Most businesses take a number of years to become profitable, the trick is to set a budget and a goal. Work within that budget and you'll be ok. Exceed your budget and you might become part of the fire sales we so often see on namepros. The trick is to work within your budget, not to run out of funds, and be patient.

•••
Exceed your budget and you might become part of the fire sales we so often see on namepros. The trick is to work within your budget, not to run out of funds, and be patient.
Great Advice we all need to hear every once in a while. Thanks!

•••
•••
Congrats, Keep it up. You're still learning so recouping some of your expenses through low figure sales is not so bad. At least it's not a total loss. As you go further in domaining things will start falling into place. I think you gain knowledge with every offer/sale/negotiation/loss/drop/... So these are more valuable than merely the dollar amount. You're also showing that you're reasonable and trying to find ways to stay afloat and not be an unreasonable dreamer and then things come crashing down on you. I'm impressed at your progress and wish you nothing but success. Congrats again.

Thank you! I am impulsive, a negative that has gotten me a few extra domains;) I am fairly well rounded, I think . . . jack of all trades master of none! I like to gamble, and as the saying goes, once the money goes in the middle it is no longer yours! I am confident if I had NOT registered my first bunch of domains for 2 years and added privacy, I would be in much better shape to climb out of the hole! Now it is about selling most of my domains that are sellable for something to help offset and minimize loss . . . as you stated!

•••
Regardless of how the numbers add up, the excitement of the first few sales is a great feeling.

Most businesses take a number of years to become profitable, the trick is to set a budget and a goal. Work within that budget and you'll be ok. Exceed your budget and you might become part of the fire sales we so often see on namepros. The trick is to work within your budget, not to run out of funds, and be patient.

I have definitely not applied this very solid advice! Now I am working harder to untangle myself!!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back