Dynadot

various Sold my 4th and 5th domains!

NameSilo
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I am awaiting payment on one domain, so it is tricky to say whether I've sold 4 or 5 domains:)

GetThc.Online
GotBought.Com

The money hasn't started rolling in yet, but reducing inveentory is the goal right now!! And not losing my shirt:) No one wants to see me shirtless.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on the sales! Doing good, I only have one sale so far this month. Keep it up!

•••
Translation= I left hundreds of dollars on the table??!!??

Don't beat yourself up over it. Yes, LoveSmiled is a good brandable, but there are lots of them like that you can register. Don't fall in love with any of your names, you did good with it.

•••
I am awaiting payment on one domain, so it is tricky to say whether I've sold 4 or 5 domains:)

GetThc.Online
GotBought.Com

The money hasn't started rolling in yet, but reducing inveentory is the goal right now!! And not losing my shirt:) No one wants to see me shirtless.

Good start. Keep that shirt on.

B-)

•••
Congrats on the sales! Doing good, I only have one sale so far this month. Keep it up!

Full transparency here . . . I am in the black on these domains, barely! I am way in the red with my portfolio. I am aggressively pricing my domains to move them along. I think I am around 285 domains, and I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 of them are not hand registered. A few of them may have been hand reg within last 18 mos . . . I have some of my hand regs that I like a lot, and will renew! And then there are the others that I am trying to get rid of to reduce losses and get off the books so I can buy better names!

•••
Regardless of how the numbers add up, the excitement of the first few sales is a great feeling.

Most businesses take a number of years to become profitable, the trick is to set a budget and a goal. Work within that budget and you'll be ok. Exceed your budget and you might become part of the fire sales we so often see on namepros. The trick is to work within your budget, not to run out of funds, and be patient.

•••
Congrats! interested to know more details

•••
You are learning and moving ahead. A great start from where you began. Congrats!

•••
You are learning and moving ahead. A great start from where you began. Congrats!

Some habits die hard . . . :) Thank you for the feedback. I am looking forward to that moment when I have sold say 100 domains, recouped my initial(s) investment(s)!! And am in the black, and allow the rest of my bad domains to expire!

•••
congrats !

now that you broke even
add 2 zeros to your prices
so you need to sell less domains

•••
What domain did you sell if you care to share. Was it a domain younacquired through tertiary markets or did you hand reg it? What % of profit did you make, or cost of domain vs sale price;)

It was a hosting related .com that I aquired in 2004 for $10 or $20, don't really remember now. Sold it for $500. I find the hosting niche is a hard niche to sell in even if it is a really good domain. Offer came threw to my email. I probably went to low but did not want to hold it for another 13 years. Lol

•••

GetThc.Online
GotBought.Com

Congrats, May i know where you sold them :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

GetThc.Online
GotBought.Com

Congratulations :)

•••
Great job, keep it up and keep learning!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thank you. I am working on number 6 now . . . wish me luck and a little higher ROI!

•••
Well done @Want2learn
do you want to start selling mine!
You should have seen some of the turkeys I had at the start. Some of them have still to drop.
I couldnt even give them away.

Like you I went with two feet in. I'm a competent gambler...(thanks to aiden massey.) Enough to get my accounts closed by paddy power ladbrokes etc (small stakes btw.) but domaining is a completely different kettle of fish that I've yet to crack.
With domaining I backed a few losers like buying the domain in .net and .org etc. It was bad enough the domain was crap in .com
So what you've achieved gives me hope for the future with some of the other horses I've backed.
Ps if you ever want to chat about the nags send me a pm. I lost interest a long time ago cos i couldnt gamble, but i still keep an eye on it from time to time.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back