IT.COM

advice Sold domain on GoDaddy Aftermarket (auction listing) but...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have received email from Godaddy about sold domain on Godaddy Aftermarket auction (selling listing) , but this transaction was reforwarded to Escrow.com. However, Escrow.com does not support my country and they will not to send a disbursement. Current status - wait secure payment in escrow.com. I asked escrow.com to stop transaction in escrow.com and close my escrow.com account, but no results.
IMG_20201106_045154.jpg
IMG_20201106_045021.jpg

IMG_20201106_051002.jpg

What do you advise? Godaddy support chat is can not to solve.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have received email from Godaddy about sold domain on Godaddy Aftermarket auction (selling listing) , but this transaction was reforwarded to Escrow.com. However, Escrow.com does not support my country and they will not to send a disbursement. Current status - wait secure payment in escrow.com. I asked to stop transaction in escrow.com and close my escrow.com account, but no results. Show attachment 172652 Show attachment 172653
What do you advise? Godaddy support chat is can not to solve.

See if @Joe Styler will help you out. It is normal for GD to do this as they do it dor amounts 5000 and up. Perhaps you can ask if you can get assurances that you will be paid if you proceed with the transfer

•••
Current status: Domain Aftermarket Transaction: xxxxxxx has been cancelled by escrow.com.

Thanks Abdullah, i am waiting advise from Godaddy auction and Joe.

•••
yes careful folks
gd sends to escrow for 5k and more

which is basically a disaster for many domainers as escrow is so not optimised for domainers...payouts etc

afternic doesn't do this for 5k plus and gd owns them...so go figure. messy if u ask me...

doubt it not there were many domainers and sales kept lower on purpose under 5k just so it can go thru the smooth gd checkout after..not escrow... I mean...can u say s a d.

I'm sorry to say this here friend .. but I do not think u will be able to get away from escrow..especially once it's all ongoing.. u may have to just go out of yer way to get bank accnt for wire...or beg escrow for paper cheque.. only usd. then cash somewhere... gl

Last edited:
•••
I wasn't aware they used Escrow. Useful to know. Thanks for sharing.

•••
It is time for GoDaddy to stop doing this (forwarding transactions >5K to escrow .com, or to any other external escrow). It serves no purpose anyway, and with the situations like this one everybody is losing, including GoDaddy not receiving their commission.

•••
It is time for GoDaddy to stop doing this (forwarding transactions >5K to escrow .com, or to any other external escrow). It serves no purpose anyway, and with the situations like this one everybody is losing, including GoDaddy not receiving their commission.

agree
like most
but that time was long ago
and not done so I hardly see it happen

gd is doing good in profit dept to care too much for changes to how things are...in a way it means dont fix if not broken but in another way it means tons of people gets stuck in system like here.

•••
Godaddy should do something about this actually,specially this sale as it is a significant amount.

•••
2 days ago I got an inquiry to email (buyer asked how much), today i have received another offer 1K via DAN. (for same domain).

•••
2 days ago I got an inquiry to email (buyer asked how much), today i have received another offer 1K via DAN. (for same domain).

I take it u do not have prem rep on gd? in onetime courtesy case like these they can contact auctions maybe and arrange something.. obviously not that u sell it elsewhere but maybe that u get paid thru their gd system... but I think prem rep would be yer only chance of that ... otherwise even if u sell it elsewhere u expose yerself to a ban... unless u also have top standing and they give u your one time seller domain nondelivery free pass ..

I think u have a few options.. try to explain situation.. and call gd. or email auctions.. as they do not have done. gl

Last edited:
•••
If you have afternic account, you may let auctions @ godaddy .com know, asking them to reprocess the sale via afternic. They should be able to do this, maybe by canceling the current sale and starting another one with the same buyer as soon as their system autoupdates (the domain will be in auctions.godaddy.com inventory after you add it to afternic, after ~2 days or so). You will need to remove the domain from your auctions.godaddy.com account and add it to afternic account. Since the domain is pending sale, it may not be possible without some sort of manual intervention, maybe they will cancel the sale or move the domain to afternic themselves. Afternic sales are not affected by the unfortunate "escrow .com for >$5K" rule.

•••
You can contact [email protected] and explain that escrow cannot do business with your country and see if they can do a work around.
We do not send many transactions through escrow.com anymore. There are sales over $5k that are listed by customers that go through escrow.com now as the only type of sales I am aware of that we use escrow.com for.

•••
Current domain status in GD: Didn’t sell.
Buyer make second offer 5000 via DAN.

GD replied: Thank you for contacting Aftermarket Support.
We will review the transaction for xxxxx and update you.
Please allow for a few days while we decide on the best way to proceed with it.

What do you advise? Wait GD reply or sell via DAN?

•••
I would say GoDaddy. They were the 1st, so they deserve to receive the commission. Common sense. Also, auction Terms and Coniditions, even though the situation is specific, may require you to continue via GoDaddy with this sale, especially since they are already aware of the issue and may offer a solution soon. Should GD respond negatively ("no sale, no afternic, we are sorry") - then DAN.

Last edited:
•••
If you are OK to accept 5K offer. You may then tell GoDaddy that the price is decreased to $4,999 ... or $4,777... it will make the process easier (GoDaddy will have no need to invent anything special for you, as the transactions <5K are processed "locally" by default) and, most important, it will also somehow compensate the buyer for all the inconvinience they had.

Last edited:
•••
Do not transfer the domain as Escrow.com wont process the payment for your Country. Inform GoDaddy that you wont be able to complete the transaction through escrow and cancel the Sale.
Negotiate the offer from Dan and try to complete the transaction there as soon as possible.

A word of advice from a wise man - Don't keep that money waiting, it will get impatient.
The buyer may lose interest or get some other priorities as the time passes...

Last edited:
•••
Dont settle for less than what the name sold ror at GD regardless of the offers through Dan. Set the same BIN. If Godaddy changed the status to Didnt sell, I believe it is bad to make the buyer wait all this time. Height lose hope and change his mind so it is better to get and set the same BIN. Yes Godaddy deserve the commission but in situations like these, you cant just sit there and wait for an answer when you have a buyer so eager to get the name.

Last edited:
•••
Dont settle for less than what the name sold ror at GD regardless of the offers through Dan. Set the same BIN. If Godaddy changed the status to Didnt sell, I believe it is bad to make the buyer wait all this time. Height lose hope and change his mind so it is better to get and set the same BIN. Yes Godaddy deserve the commission but in situations like these, you cant just sit there and wait for an answer when you have a buyer so eager to get the name.

Thanks, I agree with you, i set the same Bin at DAN. And thanks Joe, If the status is didn't sell it means that the domain is not going to sell so the seller can cancel the listing and sell it elsewhere if he would like.

•••
Thanks, I agree with you, i set the same Bin at DAN. And thanks Joe, If the status is didn't sell it means that the domain is not going to sell so the seller can cancel the listing and sell it elsewhere if he would like.
That autocorrect is disaster, He to Height lil. Just it. Yes set the BIN and leave it there. He shall buy it and this will be confirmation for him that the two lists are the same.

•••
Do the transaction via DAN.com and save money on fees etc. I suggest you add BIN of same price as your domain sold at GoDaddy. You will get much more than what GoDaddy will provide you after commission and also payouts are quick through DAN.com.

•••
After received an offer on DAN, I did not reply to the buyer through DAN, but waited a few days for a reply from Godaddy, but did not receive any email from them. I re-checked the status of the domain on Godaddy auction account - was at "didn't sell".
Buyer make third offer 6000 via DAN, than sent me message with ask to sell for 6600 as his max budget and final offer, then we agreed for 6750.

Last edited:
•••
After received an offer on DAN, I did not reply to the buyer through DAN, but waited a few days for a reply from Godaddy, but did not receive any email from them. I re-checked the status of the domain on Godaddy auction account - was at "didn't sell".
Buyer make third offer 6000 via DAN, than sent me message with ask to sell for 6600 as his max budget and final offer, then we agreed for 6750.

So, you lost $ 2105 on GoDaddy's mistake?

•••
•••
Losing money on GoDaddy surprises you?

Yes, they should have a solution for that. but they are wrong in choosing a business partner

The transaction is initiated at Escrow.com and completed by its rival dan.com. This is ironic

•••
In any case this is good profit for me and not lost, so as better for the buyer too.
Strange why Godaddy forwarded to escrow.com (third side),which does not support part of countries? They сould closed the transaction via Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back