Dynadot

.com Sold another four letter dot com for $XX,XXX

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
Had my second $xx,xxx four letter sale of the year during the week.

Price: $15,000 net, which makes it an equivalent of about $18.5K to $22K depending on the marketplace )

Was contacted by Sedo Brokers with inquiry and asked for $15K, they responded that it is above the budget of the client, but they will discuss with them.

Next day they wrote that the buyer has accepted the price.

The name was not listed anywhere, except in my thread on NP )

Interestingly, a fellow member here offered $300 for it about 6 months ago and I offered to him for $550. He asked for lower price, but I insisted that it was a minimum.

I will reveal the name later this week, I will say for now that it is pronounceable 4L.com )

Sincerely,

El

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this is true. however I do not believe endusers will care for # possible combinations of given pattern... that'd be more for domainer reselling.

cheers

You are absolutely correct. Enduser do not care for pattern. They care for what they like. Pattern is for reseller to show how name belongs to rare category.

So pronounceable 4L creates room for at least 2 types of buyer.

(1) End user

(2) Reseller

Thanks

•••
I agree with both of you. Rarity can drive value but not always and not the same way.

There is the same number of CVCV & VCVC but the price is almost 10x.

Word of caution: this are high initial cost items and it takes large investment and lots of patience with no guarantees.

Don't base your decisions on success stories only as there are many that lose money, bleed money on renewals or just break even after holding for years.

•••
And here comes the name.

I will ask not to quote the name, as I don't want it indexed.

It is J/ O/ U/ Z/

•••
ha! nice brandable name!
well done!

•••
I agree with both of you. Rarity can drive value but not always and not the same way.

Word of caution: this are high initial cost items and it takes large investment and lots of patience with no guarantees.

Don't base your decisions on success stories only as there are many that lose money, bleed money on renewals or just break even after holding for years.

absolutely true... you are first to know by the price you were trying to sell this at on namepros shortly before this sale happened for you.. that much of any of this (sales and prices) is very unpredictable. and by similar token, the person who refused tobuy it for $500 did not know about its future either!

•••

Yes you are correct . That is the reason I said there are various patterns involved. All investment involves risk regardless of 4L or anything else. You are 100% correct your or someone else success story may and may not applicable to anyone.

4L pronounceable is very huge area with lost of variable involves. Price factor is based on willingness of buyer and seller. The name you are almost ready to sell for $550 sold for $15K. So many factors involve here.

This is beauty of this forum that we all share our little experience to learn from each other. Sharing is caring.

Congratulations again my dear friend for fantastic sale. I wish best of luck for many more success in future as well from bottom of my heart.

Thanks

•••
Congratulations. A pretty decent sale.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Extremely impressive stuff. Congratulations.

•••
congrats, it is all about the buyer need, not domain predoction, not market vision, it is all the buyer who pay.

I list domains here and in other domains forum and market place, 2 domains i listed here got none pm...but in the other platform i was sold them for xxx$ each

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back