IT.COM

advice So What's The Plan For 2017?

NameSilo
Watch
So-whats-the-plan-for-2017.jpg

Another thing we are switching BACK to this year is making all of our domains forwarding to “sales landers”. If you are not familiar with what this is you can see our post about it here.

Since we’ve seen a higher number of visitors to our parked domains (primarily because we’ve purchased higher quality domain names), putting sales landers up and giving interested parties the easiest and clearest way to contact us makes the most sense.

READ MORE

@Willox Perez

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also

1) Parking revenues took another dive in 2016, probably helped your decision along.
2) Beats paying out those hefty Commission Rates, which are often as much as 20%
3) Easier to identify who the potential client is, giving more precision to your pricing/negotiations.

•••
•••
I'm not saying I did bad in 2016. But, the plan I have each year is to do better than the previous.

•••
I'm not saying I did bad in 2016. But, the plan I have each year is to do better than the previous.

Of course. But that isn't much of a plan. More a Target or Goal. A plan is what you are going to do to achieve that goal.

•••
Of course. But that isn't much of a plan. More a Target or Goal. A plan is what you are going to do to achieve that goal.
True.

But a magician never reveals his secrets. This is true in domaining as well: You'll never get 100% from another investor, or that person may be your next competitor.

While from time to time I do provide sound advice, I felt as if this wasn't the place or time to do it. You're more than welcome to dig through the countless other posts I've made over the years that are applicable in this scenario and will still assist you in becoming better in 2017, though.

•••
•••
Also

1) Parking revenues took another dive in 2016, probably helped your decision along.
2) Beats paying out those hefty Commission Rates, which are often as much as 20%
3) Easier to identify who the potential client is, giving more precision to your pricing/negotiations.

Yeah, the parking revenue always seem to be on a steady decline, which is why I would rather focus elsewhere. The rest of your points are true as well.

Do better than 2016.

Good one ;)

That's solid. I'm not a "great" developer though and would rather put my time into higher quality acquisitions.

-Omar

•••
Hey @Omar Negron

Hope you're well,

"Since we’ve seen a higher number of visitors to our parked domains (primarily because we’ve purchased higher quality domain names)"

Let us know what names you've purchased, be nice to know now that you've mentioned it, cheers.

•••
Hope you're well,

"Since we’ve seen a higher number of visitors to our parked domains (primarily because we’ve purchased higher quality domain names)"

Let us know what names you've purchased, be nice to know now that you've mentioned it, cheers.

Basically 1-2 word .com domains that are highly aged (1996 creation dates etc). Domains that make business sense that I can see a company using. Upgrades to what they are already using.

I'm still considering to list specific names purchased but haven't came to a decision yet. I do list some recent acquisitions on another thread in this forum at times though.

Thanks!

-Omar

•••
Are you using marketplace landers or your own custom landers?

I advocate self managed landers, but everyone always has their own preference.

•••
Are you using marketplace landers or your own custom landers?

I advocate self managed landers, but everyone always has their own preference.

I want to get into using my own landers. But for now I just started using the Uniregistry landers because of the simplicity of it. Ganna test it out for next several months.

-Omar

•••
I'm still considering to list specific names purchased but haven't came to a decision yet. I do list some recent acquisitions on another thread in this forum at times though.

Thanks!

-Omar

Go on then ;) Lol no pushing only kidding.

•••
My plan, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy,.............................

•••
My plan is to step it up. Become a better domainer. Buy smarter sell higher

•••
•••
Attain a better understanding on domain investment.

•••
•••
I plan to Blog more about domaining. I feel it is still underexplored niche.

•••
I plan to Blog more about domaining. I feel it is still underexplored niche.

Sounds good! If you do start, let the rest of the community know!

-Omar

•••
My plan for 2017 it to continue with the canna niche & develop + get into the 4 Letter .com & .com.au space.

Cheers
Corey

•••
My plan for 2017 it to continue with the canna niche & develop + get into the 4 Letter .com & .com.au space.

Cheers
Corey

Thanks for sharing. Is the 4 letter .com.au space in high demand?

•••
If one wishes to purchase a domain, be it a .COM or a new gTLD or a ccTLD, one should invest in a niche that they like and have some insights on it. Hence this year I would be investing in the niche that I like.

•••
If one wishes to purchase a domain, be it a .COM or a new gTLD or a ccTLD, one should invest in a niche that they like and have some insights on it. Hence this year I would be investing in the niche that I like.

Makes sense. I like it.

But also, would ever consider buying domains outside of niches you may be familiar with because there may still be money in those markets as well. Right?

-Omar

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back