Dynadot

status-resolved So we can't congratulate other member's sales now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I posted in the report your sales thread congratulating @Joe Nichols who kindly gave me a shout out in regards to his sale.

My post was removed. There was no malice or offensive intent of any kind.

Are we not allowed to congratulate other members now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess NP has taken a pretty hard line with any non-sales posts in the reporting thread. I felt like exceptions can be made if the sale poster specifically mentioned the commentor.

Either way, it was appreciated. Thanks Dave. :)

•••
of course we can congratulate people. preferably using like button. it is after all the very purpose for its existence :)

otherwise, we must remember and respect that a sales thread is for posting sales, not for every np member posting a congrats message. because most people subscribed to such a thread are there to read sales posts. not cograts posts. its just how it works for most. minus maybe few excpetions. who might actually be happier or more thrilled to read a congrats post on a sales thread than a sales post :)

also let us remember friends, and respect, that some people are using email subscrption to receive new posts notifications.

so just imagine what the people must feel when they receive 1000 new emails saying there is a new post on sales thread, then they go visit there... and intead they see 1000 congrats posts.

so such posts on such threads especially should definitely not be allowed.

we can have nice threads like this one.. for big sales.. where every post is a congrats post. its nice and sweet really. it just has zero room on a sales thread. or any thread where people expect some contructive ontopic posts regarding a given issue.. rather than 100 million congrats posts.

congrats on the sale! @Joe Nichols ..........it'd be nice to know yoru roi range if possible... its only the most important piece of any sale ;)

cheers all

Last edited:
•••
I think that has been the policy in that thread for a long time. I recall from my early time in NamePros, a post of a similar nature I was involved with being removed by mods. I think keeping the thread as focussed on the basic sales data as possible is important, and the job of moderation is hard.

Nevertheless, noting people who were important in our success also important. I wonder if there is a place for a separate thread somewhere on NamePros just to acknowledge others who specifically played a role in a recent achievement. For example, you had a major sale and someone else gave you idea for name, helped you see a new possible application, connected you with buyer, etc.

Congratulations @Dave on sale, and thanks to @Joe Nichols for helping make it happen, even though we can no longer read about it in that thread.

Bob

•••
Hello,
"Agree" to "Like"
"Thank" you:xf.smile:

•••
Hello,

It depends on the thread. The most popular sales reporting thread does not allow it, as described in its first post.

There are other sales reporting threads where it is allowed.

When it comes to sales reports, the thread creator decides if posts that do not contribute in a meaningful way are allowed.

We hope that helps.

•••
congrats on the sale! @Joe Nichols ..........it'd be nice to know yoru roi range if possible... its only the most important piece of any sale ;)
Thanks @alcy! I'm happy to share the purchase price over PM. Just drop me a message.

•••
Hello,

It depends on the thread. The most popular sales reporting thread does not allow it, as described in its first post.

There are other sales reporting threads where it is allowed.

When it comes to sales reports, the thread creator decides if posts that do not contribute in a meaningful way are allowed.

We hope that helps.

I think it should be ok if the seller in the thread gives a shout out to others.

•••
I think it should be ok if the seller in the thread gives a shout out to others.
The opinions on it have been split, but in our experience, the members who disagree with it seem to feel much stronger about it (e.g., have been known to get quite upset about it).

Fortunately, there are threads to satisfy both opinions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back