Dynadot

SNAP.COM affect on parking industry.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Check out www.snap.com - it's a search engine that shows the front page of each search result, try "mortgage" for example.

Snap is being promoted by many in the industry as the next big thing in search technology. If it is, the generic parking page business is heading for an early retirement, or anything that even remotely looks like a parking page.

I hope I'm wrong, but this search is fantastic, and let's face it, we all know people are sick of undeveloped parked landing pages...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Search Nintendo Wii, 15 results.... needs to start crawling.

•••
First reactions - it has potential but is loaded with problems still to overcome;

1) doesn't work properly on Windows Firefox
2) its very, very slow
3) lots and lots of pages with no image

•••
Hmm, nice concept- long way to go.

•••
Nice concept but will be forgotten by everyone within a few days.

Ask yourself, will I use this rather than Google? Truly ask yourself that. Truly.

•••
This would elevate the price of keyword domains and great business for SEO companies :)

•••
•••
similar to what icerocket.com has offered for (years?) and what ask.com says they are heading to.
Parked pages need to look more and more like content pages, which is one reason Badger's 1plus.net is so unique.
-Allan :gl:

•••
I'm with you Alan- badger's site is in a different league to this...

•••
snap.com is shorter to type than google.com, so yes, I would use it. I personally use yahoo.com because it's one letter shorter.

I think the next big thing in search engine technology is for them to institute categories, much like for Sedo listings. So if you're searching for say, "Red Hot" as in the candy... You can type your search criteria in, then pic Food or whatever related category, that way you dont get a million returns for "Red Hot Sex"

It takes so long to find quality information about the things I search for that it's made the Internet obsolete for me. I'll just move closer to a library and return much faster and content relevant results.

•••
In most cases landing pages are rarely listed at the top of any search engine. I do not see this as having a significant impact on the parking industry.

avp

•••
slipxaway said:
snap.com is shorter to type than google.com, so yes, I would use it. I personally use yahoo.com because it's one letter shorter.

You pick which SE you use based on how many letters in the domain? Google.com has a nice tidy page and Yahoo.com blasts you with everything the minute it loads.

Snap.com currently doesn't have very good results at all and it's very slow. It's very "Live Search" like which i'm not sure about either. It does seem cool but it's just not all that usefull right now.

•••
I think it would be useful to have a preview feature a la snap.com at Google, Yahoo etc. Saves time. There are free plug-ins to allow this.

Which parking pages appear prominently in search engines? I haven't seen my PPC parking pages in Google listings.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back