Dynadot

Domain Landing Page DEAD! Visual Landing Page/Parking Next Big Thing!

NameSilo
Watch

IRON-MAN

Established Member
Impact
The domain industry is heading for the next BOOM! Visual parking is going to covert traffic from domains and dnjournal is going to hit record level sales in the next 5 years. Look at this image on visualdomains.com imagine the visual landing page POPPING OUT with 24/7 sales person showing why this domain is so valuable. Rick Schwartz is going to be speechless, watch him say this is the final piece of the puzzle. When do you think domain parking companies will change to visual parking?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think what Iron Man is explaining is that AR/AI are going to change the way you interact with with "world" - and yes supported device like eyewear. You walk down the street and in your glass pops up wash.dog and holo-image(or whatever). It's the potential this new type of experience/interaction that Iron Man is seeing as an opportunity. Did I understand correctly? I guess if we can figure out exactly what that experience will be and the best fit from a domain perspective - it could be a good investment.

Ok now to see if I even understood or just made my own thing up hahah.

•••
@DnameAgame Spot on :) Once these devices are mainstream and are compatible with this tech. Premium domains will skyrocket in value and convert like NEVER before.

Listen to these words - AFTER 2020

Domaining industry will be ALIVE
Domaining industry will have DAILY 6 FIGURE SALES
Domain Visual Parking will BOOM
Domainers will be PROUD and lots of people will look up to them.
They will be called the WISE ONES!
High coverting traffic domainers will be invited to
exclusive private domainer member clubs.

•••
I hate the concept. I try to block all video and sound playing when I haven't requested it. Google is becoming almost useless with its blocking and messing with search results, and these sort of gimicky tricks. If I'm looking for a battery transfer switch, I want to see simple text links to relevant sales sites. I don't want to see a load of boats trying to sail onto my keyboard. Also, when I've bought one, I don't want to see a load of adds for the next month, all trying to sell me a second one.

I'm using DuckDuckGo more and more now as Google sinks into its own swamp.

•••
One question would be (and maybe a representative from the future can help answer this :-P)--

Who would be creating the "visual content" that will be displayed on these futuristic "visual parking pages?"

And will the content-creator be getting a slice of the already-tiny parking revenue?

I agree with @toughdomains, landing pages are not going anywhere anytime soon :xf.wink:

•••
Flash is annoyingly slow.

My landing page works great and I get a ton of offers and many sales:
www.xynames.com/contact.html
no spam yet either.

People who go to my domains first see a page of ad links (I make a couple hundred dollars a month from these PPC), and then the ____.com is for sale! link takes them to my landing page.

I am working on unique landing pages for some of my top domains. My parking revenue PPC site allows that option, I custom developed the technique.

Last edited:
•••

no spam yet either.

People who go to my domains first see a page of ad links (I make a couple hundred dollars a month from these PPC), and then the ____.com is for sale! link takes them to my landing page.

I am working on unique landing pages for some of my top domains. My parking revenue PPC site allows that option, I custom developed the technique.

Not to mention being fully phased out very soon for HTML5 and others.

•••

no spam yet either.

I tried to go directly to some of the domains listed on your site and it showed an error. It said "Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (5)"

http://fruitshake.com/

•••
im seeing a parking page for fruitshake....love the name btw

•••
That's one of the many great aspects of domains. Once you own the land, the sky is literally the limit in what you can build on it. That can't even be said for "physical land" which is restricted by the sky and gravity :)

•••
I tried to go directly to some of the domains listed on your site and it showed an error. It said "Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (5)"

http://fruitshake.com/

Yes, unfortunately, when your page includes PPC links, some ISPs interpret it as spam and block it. I assume you tried to go to the page using a cellular based ISP. Was it AT&T?

•••
Yes, unfortunately, when your page includes PPC links, some ISPs interpret it as spam and block it. I assume you tried to go to the page using a cellular based ISP. Was it AT&T?

No, I viewed it on my desktop. Here's a screenshot:

5ss546F.png

•••
I personally find it incredibly annoying going to a parked page, then having to click another link to make an offer.

•••
I personally find it incredibly annoying going to a parked page, then having to click another link to make an offer.

You're a seller / re-seller not an end user buyer so I'd worry only when real buyers object.

My domains are mostly blue chip and sell well, so I guess the buyers don't mind the process to reach my landing page and I'm making couple hundred a month on the PPC links.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You're a seller / re-seller not an end user buyer s

Wrong. I've purchased more domains than I have sold. I either hold them for later use or develop.

Especially in the last 3/4 years.

End users want a hassle free way to purchase a domain. Not have to jump through hoops.

Each to their own.

•••
•••
people buy something not because cool! but because profitable :) remember that!
sure you can impress teenager(they don't have money) with VR, AR, MR or what soever! but if you want to impress CEO, or people like bill gates mark zuckerberg , or even Jeff Bezos, you need more than VR! :xf.smile:

at first it could works with VR, sales conversion increase and etc. but in the end it will go back to normal!

this is my 2 cents! :xf.smile: don't take it personally! :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back