NameSilo

discuss Smartphone.com for $100k. Is it cheap?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I just saw a post on FB by a broker that the domain name Smartphone.com is for sale by it's owner at $100,000.

I initially thought that it was cheap but then, some of the other domainers argued that the name may be outdated in the next 3-4 years.

What are your views on this pricing and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They should have tried to sell it ten years ago. You could see this coming...

•••
I just saw a post on FB by a broker that the domain name Smartphone.com is for sale by it's owner at $100,000.

I initially thought that it was cheap but then, some of the other domainers argued that the name may be outdated in the next 3-4 years.

The words 'Smart & Phone' will always be in-trend at least as long as phones continue to exist.
'Smart' is a relative term and will always have a constant value as a word, even though what's perceived as smart will change and phones will continue to get smarter with the surge of innovation.

As for the $100k purchase, i would say it's just about right and the domain has the potential to sell for at least $500k.
As for how soon, only time will tell...

•••
•••
According to @barybadrinath he had 850K and 2.5m offers for the name not long ago..

..now it's only 100k

strange things happen all the time here..

Those offers are made up, fake.

Name isn’t worth much any more, how about colortelevision.com or portablecomputer.com?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Ohhh boy. Open up that can of worms again? Here too. Twice opened. Twice closed.

In the one link he mentions samsung owns the plural

http://smartphones.com/

I see they are putting it to good use (n)

Even they think the domain has not much use at this time.

Picture0001.png

•••

Outdated? Maybe on the primary market if new "phones" are made that are called something other than smartphone.

But it could have value for EOL and second-hand "smartphones".

•••
let's ask @barybadrinath - so were those $850K and $2.5M offers just fakes or legit?
thanks in advance

If he EVER had any 'offers' of $850K and $2.5M on it, he would have bought it outright when it's available at $100K bin now. Any sensible broker would do the same. Also, the seller wouldn't have been selling it for $85k-90K BIN (after Sedo's commission) if had known of such 'offers', within a month of the entire BaddieBadger episode here on NP.

•••
•••
If he EVER had any 'offers' of $850K and $2.5M on it, he would have bought it outright when it's available at $100K bin now. Any sensible broker would do the same.

that's why i'm interested to hear more of this story... still curious what that all was, very educating stuff

•••
Smartphones are here to stay but may have lost its peak...

•••
Those offers are made up, fake.

Name isn’t worth much any more, how about colortelevision.com or portablecomputer.com?
You must ask the people whom I have worked with in domain industry ,how many offers turned out to be fake which I have offered to them till now. Nice assumption bdw

•••
that's why i'm interested to hear more of this story... still curious what that all was, very educating stuff
It's my exclusive wish to buy it or not..
Thanks for your kind advice. The word "sensible" has less importance for me as compared to word "trust".

•••
let's ask @barybadrinath - so were those $850K and $2.5M offers just fakes or legit?

thanks in advance
Whether these offers were legit or not , I guess you were having the chance to know about it if the seller of smartphone. com would have accepted my request to initiate escrow for both smartphone and ephone on Jan 1,2.
Now you have lost the chance sir to know whether offers were legit or not.

•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190207-160038.png
    Screenshot_20190207-160038.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 48
•••
If he EVER had any 'offers' of $850K and $2.5M on it, he would have bought it outright when it's available at $100K bin now. Any sensible broker would do the same. Also, the seller wouldn't have been selling it for $85k-90K BIN (after Sedo's commission) if had known of such 'offers', within a month of the entire BaddieBadger episode here on NP.

Exactly, nobody would even pay the 100k. He has made up two unbelievable offers whilst the owner is trying to sell for 3% of the claimed offer price. All nonsense, school yard games on a name that would be lucky to sell for 5k even.

•••
Anyway, it has sold at Sedo, don't know the price yet but guessing the 100K.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back