IT.COM

registrars Sleepy eNom bombs websites in HUGE DNS OUTAGE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Domain name registrar eNom appears to have gone titsup worldwide since the early hours of this morning, according to reports from furious customers who – at time of publication – were yet to get a response from the Washington-based firm.
Indeed, gripes were flooding in over on Twitter, but eNom was yet to respond to any of its customers as El Reg went to press.
Some customers reported intermittent DNS issues with the service, while others – particularly those based in Europe – complained that their websites were down.
Full Article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/09/enom_dns_outage/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Apparently, the issue is now resolved.

•••
anyone know if all their nameservers are in the same datacenter?

I recall this has happened before.

•••
Not sure.
Also, anyone know if NameCheap and Enom use same name servers, due to NC being part of enom?

Thanks.

•••
NC isn't part of eNom. They are an eNom Reseller. They use the same nameservers as eNom. So I would assume that anything which affects the eNom nameservers would affect NC.

It's not resolved. I just tried to renew my .domains domains, and it failed.

•••
They are like body parts, seperate but work in tandem! ;)

Have you tried deleting your DNS Cache?

•••
Yep cleared my DNS Cache. Still the same result.

•••
OK. I found out why my renewals were failing. It's because I was using FireFox 35.0 Browser. Now that is ridiculous. When I used Chromium, I was able to renew the domains.

•••
•••
Never heard of a registrar going down before.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back