IT.COM

guide Showcase your Trademark Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I had a domain with the word "realtor" in it. I got a letter from National Assoc. of Realtors lawyers. Ended up cancelling the registration.

•••
When I first got into domaining and didn't understand what should and should not be done I regged a Papa Johns Pizza name. Within a few days I received a cease and desist letter from their attorney's office. I quickly deleted the name from my account and never heard anything else about it. Needless to say but I never registered another domain with a companies name in it.

Lesson learned.

•••
I used SonyVideo.com for years, and didn't have any problems or contact from them.

I did state that I thought Sony products are great ( I do ), and I did link to several of their sites.

•••
One other time, I owned (and had done very well with) LADodger .com. For probably 6 years the MLB never bothered me, then one day it all changed. Ultimately, they took the domain.

•••
I have my eye on a domain that is available but I haven't regged it because it is clearly a trademarked name. I want it badly but I just don't need a headache. Wish there was a way to register it and resell it. So weird that the company doesn't register it!

•••
When I started domaining I have registered legothelordoftherings com because there was an upcoming movie and game from lego. I have created an affiliate site on it with lego products, when I have received an email from a lawyer. He said they can give me $20 for the domain, or I will be sued... I was scared (I knew I can't win against them), in addition I was in profit because I bought the name for $2.17 (cha-ching! :D).
That was my first and also the last TM name...

•••
I have my eye on a domain that is available but I haven't regged it because it is clearly a trademarked name. I want it badly but I just don't need a headache. Wish there was a way to register it and resell it. So weird that the company doesn't register it!

buy it

•••
I used SonyVideo.com for years, and didn't have any problems or contact from them.

I did state that I thought Sony products are great ( I do ), and I did link to several of their sites.

So NY is So New York - go for it

•••
even netflix bought netflix domains @ sedo
even holidaycheck bought holidaycheck domains @ sedo

•••

trademarked for what category ?
you even can get a TM for Facebook perfume
or you can delete a TM
just a try of 300$

•••
•••
trademarked for what category ?
you even can get a TM for Facebook perfume
or you can delete a TM
just a try of 300$
So what is the worst thing that can happen if you register a TM domain?

•••
•••
The one I want has been a TM since 1974. And they haven't regged the .com???

•••
The one I want has been a TM since 1974. And they haven't regged the .com???

what kind of TM ?
international ?
what categorys ?

is this generic ?

if you register the domain and park them this should be ok

iPad.com is parked @ Uni
even apple.site or apple.online are listed @ Sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back