Dynadot

showcase Showcase your Royal Mint Gold domains (RMG)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

baseballworld

Restricted (Market)
Impact
This is the time for everyone to see the new niche. Showcase your royal mint gold domains or RMG as they are called. more information here about them here will eb a blockchain much like bitcoin only real gold backing worth billions.

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/uks-royal-mint-and-cme-group-launching-gold-backed-blockchain-assets/

here are my 2

RoyalMintApp.com - obviously gonna be an app made. lol
RMGPrice.com - chose this because in bitcoin phrases it was highest searched phrase monthly behind bitcoin itself.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Blockchain is just a fancy name for a data storage system, just the same as sequential files, Indexed sequential files, direct access files and structured query language files. Every implementation has differences and variations. Bitcoin is evolving and now has side chains and segregated witness files as exras. The distributed ledger is a Bitcoin development, and is a different feature, so is mining - " proof of stake" is the alternative to Bitcoin's " proof of work" by the way.

•••
In terms of domains, there was a movement ongoing to implement domain name registration on the bitcoin blockchain. Folks like PeerName was the first registrar to provide registration of domains based on bitcoin blockchain which offered total ownership of domains, impossible censorship, and security communications. Also Namecoin was on it for while.

Вlосkсhаіn-bаѕеd dоmаіnѕ however dо nоt rеѕоlvе bу dеfаult оn mоѕt Іntеrnеt рrоvіdеrѕ due to the old root DNS in place. Тhаt'ѕ whу they've dеvеlореd their own ехtеnѕіоnѕ fоr mоѕt рорulаr brоwѕеrѕ.

But for ICANN that could mean total loss of regulation control since domains names can be finally owned completely by the domain holders. That means no more rent fees but total ownership of domains. No centralized Internet! No centralized root DNS!

I don't think they would go down road any sooner, unless they utilize a non-bitcoin blockchain as a means to track domain names registration and transfers out. That will reduce fraud, and no more 60 day lock punishment for the entire transfer out process anymore. Only the culprits could be identified and tracked down.

Some online references to help refresh this subject with relevant content regarding domaining.
Blockchain Technology Vs. Centralized ICANN
Blockchain and Domain Names Business
Blockchain-DNS Proposed by Blockstack to Replace The Old DNS
The End of The ICANN Monopoly?

•••
Bitcoin is a money transfer system, and it is going through a bit of a crisis with regards to record sizes - hence SegWit. I wish people would stop trying to put unrelated things on the chain. I believe you can add a dog obituary if you are prepared to pay the miner's fee. This means that every operator of a full node has to pay for the storage without gaining any reward. If too much of this happens, then people will switch to pruned nodes rather than full nodes.

•••
How can we stop this rubbish that is talked about "The Blockchain". A blockchain can exist on a single server - it is nothing to do with decentralised replication. DNS - domainname servers, not domain name systems, are distributed already. You can't bypass ICANN, because they assign the IP numbers. Well you could if you moved to ham radio, or created a completely different network.

•••
Bitcoin is a money transfer system, and it is going through a bit of a crisis with regards to record sizes - hence SegWit. I wish people would stop trying to put unrelated things on the chain. I believe you can add a dog obituary if you are prepared to pay the miner's fee. This means that every operator of a full node has to pay for the storage without gaining any reward. If too much of this happens, then people will switch to pruned nodes rather than full nodes.

I asked in a comment on one of your posts about the mining reward, however I couldn't find an input from your side.

With new blockchain platforms the ledgers might be served from multiple companies premises across the world. It's public vs. private ledgers. A mix of the two maybe also possible.

•••
What do you need to know? The current reward is 12.5 Bitcoin ( it halved fairly recently ). The next halving will occur in about four years time.

•••
How can we stop this rubbish that is talked about "The Blockchain". A blockchain can exist on a single server - it is nothing to do with decentralised replication. DNS - domainname servers, not domain name systems, are distributed already. You can't bypass ICANN, because they assign the IP numbers. Well you could if you moved to ham radio, or created a completely different network.

One of the major components of blockchain is the decentralized ledger regardless of it being public or private. I think that's already being stated.

Yes DNS is replicated for optimization purpose. But we're talking here about a blockchain backed DNS. Imagine total elimination of DDoS attacks, providing highly secured communications, safe authentic websites to navigate? The current DNS is just hackable. Just read Blockchain.info Down After DNS Attack notice couple of months ago.With blockchain backed DNS you eliminate all of this. So no more network bombarding or unauthorized access to DNS servers.
It's "decentralized DNS" and not "distributed DNS". Two are different terms in this context.

I suggested that ICANN to embrace blockchain to track and record domain registrations and transfer outs. That means all the ICANN accredited registrars have to interface with ICANN blockchain API.

•••
What do you need to know? The current reward is 12.5 Bitcoin ( it halved fairly recently ). The next halving will occur in about four years time.

Not what I meant exactly. It was a question about the blockchain mechanism, but now I figured it out myself. But good to know about that split :)

Last edited:
•••
unwatched thread now...way too off topic imho

•••
•••
LunarSeries.com
Great for their Lunar Series silver & gold coins...

Oh, and I have GoldExchange.com

Last edited:
•••
all rmg domain seems already taken:xf.frown:

RMGBIN.COM

•••
•••
RMGBritain.com
RMGUnited.com
RMGExpress.com

What do you guys think of these?

•••
Not bad I like the term express especially. Like express shipping, etc.

•••
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread and it's almost as if it's purposely misleading.

Keeping an eye on these developments but something is up here.

•••
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread and it's almost as if it's purposely misleading.

Keeping an eye on these developments but something is up here.
I agree - I can see no value in any domain name with RHG in it if you are hoping to promote gold trading. Of course, I'm probably wrong, and there may be a few names that could have some value, but most of the names listed here are unusable imho.

•••
I had to skim through this thread just to see what all the fuss was about. Very happy I have scaled back my buying.

The whole topic is way over my head, so in good-natured fun I offer the following backup acronym solutions:

Reach My Goal
Raise Many Goats
Resole My Galoshes
Rain Making Gurus
Rip My Glutes
Rescue More Gorillas
Roll My Ganga
Register More Garbage

<--- : ducking flying vegetables :

•••
I probably contributed to the thread deflection because I believe in Bitcoin. Well Bitcoin once the infighting has stopped.

My take is that RMG is not a retail service, as it is marketed through agents, so I guess there may be a possibility for a site such as RMG agents. It seems to be a mechanism for investment in virtual gold, and is not likely to be a trading medium, so there is no scope for conversions unless one of the agents offers this. Their concept of a "blockchain" needs some clarification - for example is it a proof of stake and trading record, or just a ledger of recorded transactions.

If I get a chance, I'll do a bit of research, in the meantime, any better information would be received gratefully. Maybe this should be in a new thread though.

•••
Well one thing we must remember is we supply a niche that's expanding and domainers invest based on there abilities. They know what there getting into regardless with the risk in a new area.

•••
Hopefully discussions on Name Pros can help to minimise those risks, and to expand their profitable investments. :)

•••
Yeah for sure I believe some people should do a little more research before jumping into this one.

•••
It's been confusing from the start but we do have a few facts so far, correct me if I'm wrong. My 2 cents...

· They call it RMG, it's 1 kilogram per RMG, it's a digital asset.

· The Royal Mint will back this with stored gold in their vault, secured investment.

· It will be on a blockchain, never been done successfully before.

· It will allow access for people around the globe to invest in gold, whether it's one RMG, or multiple RMG's etc..

· No need to hold real gold assets such as coins etc., or enter gold stock market trading with this new option.

· Don't register domains with The Royal Mint in the domain.

· RMG is generic, don't go overboard until more information is released. If you do, don't point to gold related ads etc.. Again RMG is generic.

· They can't do this on their own and just one site therefore it's my opinion many sites will flourish offering RMG. Not only websites but other means such as kiosks etc.. That is if in fact this gets off the ground which has yet to be seen but we have good backing so I think it will.

· There has to be a commission/residual for them and others that promote the gold blockchain as with any great idea money needs to be made. This might be done through approved affiliates, not sure but again it's my opinion for this to fly they will need to relax with the RMG trademark or they will never get off the ground by themselves..

Now I wait to see more news...

•••
Being that it's not easy could work as a benefit though. Could be what creates more value for those who chose wisely.

•••
Well it's been useful for me, because I've picked up a couple of gold names that I wouldn't have thought about. No RMG ones though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back