NameSilo

showcase Showcase your Royal Mint Gold domains (RMG)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

baseballworld

Restricted (Market)
Impact
This is the time for everyone to see the new niche. Showcase your royal mint gold domains or RMG as they are called. more information here about them here will eb a blockchain much like bitcoin only real gold backing worth billions.

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/uks-royal-mint-and-cme-group-launching-gold-backed-blockchain-assets/

here are my 2

RoyalMintApp.com - obviously gonna be an app made. lol
RMGPrice.com - chose this because in bitcoin phrases it was highest searched phrase monthly behind bitcoin itself.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no I mean. MintCheap.com would list all online stores selling gold and silver. and also include RMG's and any "future" Gold based blockchain.

I agree. It can also refer to food category LoL. Just joking. It's broad enough to be put in that niche yes.

•••
Here is how Bitcoin works.

You have a sequential file of blocks, and each block contains a variable number of transactions.
Transactions are created by a Bitcoin node and placed in a pending pool.
Miners try to solve a cryptographic problem, and when they find a solution, they rush to add a block to the blockchain, they include a number of transactions from the pool in this block.
Nodes verify this block, and if it is accepted, then other miners can build on this chain link.
If the block is rejected, then the miners will build on the previous block
Full nodes keep a copy of the complete blockchain.
Anyone running a node can add a transaction record to the pool, but only miners can add blocks to the chain.
If a transaction is flawed, and a miner has included it in a block, then the entire block is deleted, and the chain reverts to the previous block.

That's very simplistic, and there is obviously a lot more to the system than I have described - SegWit for example. RMG doesn't seem to include much of that system, and just seem to be jumping on the blockchain bandwagon as a marketing excercise.

•••
speaking of which.

RMGBTC.com
BTCRMG.com

lol

I thought of those two:

rmg2btc.com
btc2rmg.com

Unfortunately both are also taken to my surprise! I think I'm talking about it more than taking effective actions huh? :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
lol. gotta be fast on the draw!

of course I'm an idiot.what do I know?!?!? lol

•••
I thought of those two:

rmg2btc.com
btc2rmg.com

Unfortunately both are also taken to my surprise! I think I'm talking about it more than taking effective actions huh? :xf.grin:

Well that was a bit of luck. :)

•••
@JayT

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with most of it. I think you are missing one fundamental point though. Money has existed in various forms over the centuries, and one of the most popular forms has been gold and silver coins and bullion. These are fairly heavy, and bank notes were introduced to make carrying money less onerous. Initially these were backed by gold that you had deposited with the bank, but over the years this has changed, and modern fiat currency has virtually no asset backing .

Banknotes have value if the issuing bank is solvent, but increasing toxic debt makes such banks about as common as hens teeth. However bank notes represent a liability for the bank, and they have no chance of discharging these liabilities. There is a flight from cash at the moment, and this concerns banks and governments, so they need to create an alternative. What is better than the trusted traditional medium of gold. Well if you don't have any gold, then you can invent it through the use of various derivatives, and you can then refer to this virtual gold as "gold", even though it is just a paper promise. Paper-promise gold is "virtually" the only gold that is traded, and my concern is that RMG is just another manifestation of this virtual gold.

There may be a reserve holding on anything up to 10% to cover any withdrawal requests, but that still leaves 90% unprotected, or based on paper gold. I think that one should approach these new schemes with caution until the structure of the instrument becomes a lot more defined.

I know we won't use physical coins. Paper money 'technology' changed that long ago. Today we use mostly digital technology to transact (more money exists on computers than paper). Current digital technology has weakness: it can be hacked, it is not transparent, extremely overly complicated and lengthy process. Blockchain is even more advanced, and as you understand, has none of these weakness. It is fast, simple, transparent, secure and universal in comparison. If 2 words were used to explain blockchain it would be "exchange platform". It's prudent for banks and exchanges to adopt the blockchain technology, and they are. RMG is just one example of many to come.

You are wrong about some things, like how issuing bank is 'solvent' means the money gives value. The issuing bank prints all they want and just collects interest, how can they not be solvent? You realize the Federal Reserve Bank has over 4 TRILLION dollars in assets? I don't think they have a solvency problem. The value is derived from perception of users, to put it bluntly. If it were a matter of solvency, the value would be going up as they became enriched, right?

The 'paper gold' we trade is not even backed by gold! There is no promise of gold behind it! Like it or not, the 'paper gold' is what determines the price of gold. It is ripe to manipulate the price of gold anywhere, with enough money. It works, until it 100% breaks, at which time will be mayhem like you've never experienced. When citizens demand real physical gold, the exchange will not have any to supply. In a legitimate system you would think the price would 'rise' until demand was stiffed, but what if the dollars we use are in a period of hyperinflation, losing 10, 20% per day? Who is going to want to sell their gold at ANY price then? Who will even want to buy gold on the 'exchange' when they don't even have any gold to deliver?! This will show that the emperor has no clothes. Really grasp you mind around this, we are valuing gold on the idea that we 'pretend' there is unlimited gold! Any Joe Blow can go 'short' a billion ounces of gold, driving the price into the ground, when he doesn't have any gold at all! It's speculators market. It's exactly what banks are doing, suppressing the price / smashing retail traders on paper, and buying the real thing! There is 100x more outstanding gold owed on paper than there is supply! Some day, people are going to wake up and demand physical gold over dollars, for many reasons. Those in position of power, running the exchanges and banks know this. They are prepared, and this blockchain is playing a big role. I explained earlier in thread how they will have the physical and u will transact digital. It will give them the perceived power they want. If you want physical gold you better get it before SHTF, so to speak, because nobody is going to come off of the real thing easily when the dust settles.

The only way gold can seek a true value is we trade it like the limited commodity that it is, with 1 unit of blockchain representing X gold. Such a system will give great faith in the health and security of our economic engine. Such a system will allow for some real transparency, it will be a bullet proof system and surprisingly understandable too. It is much more honest and scam-proof than what we do now. Y'all should be begging for this.

yet paper money has been used and "working" as a convenient form of payment for hundreds of years.
Sure our dollars are 'paper money' but only until 1971. At that point they were they completely removed from the standard, and turned it into FIAT paper money. I hope you are not confused by the difference of what money represented then, and now. It's no mistake the following years was a manufacturing boom era. Generous flow of (fake) cash created some incentive to earn this easy money...it was a total trick. Now inflation catches up, and that's always happening ever faster.

•••
I just wanna keep this this rolling I think were onto something amazing here. I really only want my top one anyone wants in I can sell off my extra ones that still fit well.

•••
Here is how Bitcoin works.

You have a sequential file of blocks, and each block contains a variable number of transactions.
Transactions are created by a Bitcoin node and placed in a pending pool.
Miners try to solve a cryptographic problem, and when they find a solution, they rush to add a block to the blockchain, they include a number of transactions from the pool in this block.
Nodes verify this block, and if it is accepted, then other miners can build on this chain link.
If the block is rejected, then the miners will build on the previous block
Full nodes keep a copy of the complete blockchain.
Anyone running a node can add a transaction record to the pool, but only miners can add blocks to the chain.
If a transaction is flawed, and a miner has included it in a block, then the entire block is deleted, and the chain reverts to the previous block.

That's very simplistic, and there is obviously a lot more to the system than I have described - SegWit for example. RMG doesn't seem to include much of that system, and just seem to be jumping on the blockchain bandwagon as a marketing excercise.

Very detailed. Thanks for your valuable input. I'm actually learning through reading about it.
I think I understand your imply. Yes you can say that blockchain wouldn't survive without bitcoin "blockchain". If that's the case then we're talking about different types of blockchains in terms of decentralization possibility. Reminding ourselves that blockchain is invented before the virtual bitcoin.

So supposedly blockchain can be thought of as the raw material, while bitcoin as the fuel, the general functionality of blockchain can be put into other application without needing much of bitcoin. It's a protocol of transaction. And like any protocols it has certain rules to follow. You just have tailor it to your new use. That's the important point.

But is it just bare blockchain, special bitcoin blockchain, or just blockchain with bitcoin tag dropped?! Yes one should be careful to whom one's listening. Because If you noticed, blockchain embraced by governments is seen by bitcoiners as a true threat to the existence of bitcoin as digital currency. Those folks insist on one blockchain existing: the bitcoin blockchain. For everything else is closed source blockchain. Not a true blockchain. A conspiracy!

However, I don't see the mining rewarding system is taken into play here. So what do you think about it?
I'm trying to understand it on a technical basis, however difficult.

I think this confusion is partially intended. Blockchain is going to be used beyond bitcoin now. And everybody should accept it. It's a technology that's kept long in the bitcoin arena and now it's time for it to be utilized by institutions on a lager scale. Be it new country currency, voting systems, bank transactions, gold trading or else. It's in the control of governments now.

Anyhow here are some videos mixing bitcoin with blockchain explanation, while in others the difference is clear, for others blockchain don't even exist.

15s3412.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
After receiving a Trademark Infringement notice from The Royal Mint solicitor.

MintMarque.com is now refocussed.

MintMarque.com - Artisan Mints Infused with the cannabidiol (CBD)

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
the use of their mark The Royal Mint

•••
After receiving a Trademark Infringement notice from The Royal Mint solicitor.

MintMarque.com is now refocussed.

MintMarque.com - Artisan Mints Infused with the cannabidiol (CBD)

Cheers
Corey

MintMarque? I don't get it? Marque? and how was that one even a TM issue? there's not even a mention of RMG or Royal on it. and I doubt they got a TM for just Mint. there's too many mints using the word "mint" in their business names.

Last edited:
•••
I know we won't use physical coins. Paper money 'technology' changed that long ago. Today we use mostly digital technology to transact (more money exists on computers than paper). Current digital technology has weakness: it can be hacked, it is not transparent, extremely overly complicated and lengthy process. Blockchain is even more advanced, and as you understand, has none of these weakness. It is fast, simple, transparent, secure and universal in comparison. If 2 words were used to explain blockchain it would be "exchange platform". It's prudent for banks and exchanges to adopt the blockchain technology, and they are. RMG is just one example of many to come.

You are wrong about some things, like how issuing bank is 'solvent' means the money gives value. The issuing bank prints all they want and just collects interest, how can they not be solvent? You realize the Federal Reserve Bank has over 4 TRILLION dollars in assets? I don't think they have a solvency problem. The value is derived from perception of users, to put it bluntly. If it were a matter of solvency, the value would be going up as they became enriched, right?

The 'paper gold' we trade is not even backed by gold! There is no promise of gold behind it! Like it or not, the 'paper gold' is what determines the price of gold. It is ripe to manipulate the price of gold anywhere, with enough money. It works, until it 100% breaks, at which time will be mayhem like you've never experienced. When citizens demand real physical gold, the exchange will not have any to supply. In a legitimate system you would think the price would 'rise' until demand was stiffed, but what if the dollars we use are in a period of hyperinflation, losing 10, 20% per day? Who is going to want to sell their gold at ANY price then? Who will even want to buy gold on the 'exchange' when they don't even have any gold to deliver?! This will show that the emperor has no clothes. Really grasp you mind around this, we are valuing gold on the idea that we 'pretend' there is unlimited gold! Any Joe Blow can go 'short' a billion ounces of gold, driving the price into the ground, when he doesn't have any gold at all! It's speculators market. It's exactly what banks are doing, suppressing the price / smashing retail traders on paper, and buying the real thing! There is 100x more outstanding gold owed on paper than there is supply! Some day, people are going to wake up and demand physical gold over dollars, for many reasons. Those in position of power, running the exchanges and banks know this. They are prepared, and this blockchain is playing a big role. I explained earlier in thread how they will have the physical and u will transact digital. It will give them the perceived power they want. If you want physical gold you better get it before SHTF, so to speak, because nobody is going to come off of the real thing easily when the dust settles.

The only way gold can seek a true value is we trade it like the limited commodity that it is, with 1 unit of blockchain representing X gold. Such a system will give great faith in the health and security of our economic engine. Such a system will allow for some real transparency, it will be a bullet proof system and surprisingly understandable too. It is much more honest and scam-proof than what we do now. Y'all should be begging for this.

Sure our dollars are 'paper money' but only until 1971. At that point they were they completely removed from the standard, and turned it into FIAT paper money. I hope you are not confused by the difference of what money represented then, and now. It's no mistake the following years was a manufacturing boom era. Generous flow of (fake) cash created some incentive to earn this easy money...it was a total trick. Now inflation catches up, and that's always happening ever faster.

The thing that's always bother me about blockchain is the fact that it is opensourced. I mean if you go on Amazon or Alibaba right now you can find thousands of sellers for what's called Ant Miners. essentially PC's designed to do one thing and one thing only. To do the MATH Problem that is necessary to open a Blockchain in which all the transaction are locked in until some high powered Miner PC figures out the complicated math problem.

That's the gist of it.

so that means ANYONE can have access to Bitcoin code and have a Bitcoin mining operation running from their homes literally in hours upon getting a Bitcoin Miner PC.

this is what's scary.

it's like giving hackers access to Mcafee's "back door" and then saying "oh Mcafee is unbeatable".

so the program that's supposedly going to prevent any hacking and stealing of bitcoins IS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE?

right now there are small time Bitcoin mining operations processing Bitcoin transations.

sure. Hackers probably can't access the heavy duty operations but what about the little guys?

To me it just screams "inside job". That theft of millions of dollars worth of bitcoins from Mt. Gox? didn't they come to the conclusion it was an "inside job"?

it's like saying "we're going to make Mcafee opensourced so that every hacker in the world can figure out how we find virus and block i".

The bitcoin mining is what makes Bitcoin "the idea" Awesome and Suck. all at the same time.

new addition to the inventory.

RMGFirm.com
RMGFirms.com

plus. I have an idea for anyone who is afraid that Royal Mint will come after them for TM.

just Point your RMG domains to any website that has Ready Made Garments. and if they have an affiliate program. even better.

in fact? I just checked Amazon for "Readymade Garments" and pulled up 1,033 results.

and there's no better affiliate program than amazon.

Last edited:
•••
The thing that's always bother me about blockchain is the fact that it is opensourced. I mean if you go on Amazon or Alibaba right now you can find thousands of sellers for what's called Ant Miners. essentially PC's designed to do one thing and one thing only. To do the MATH Problem that is necessary to open a Blockchain in which all the transaction are locked in until some high powered Miner PC figures out the complicated math problem.

That's the gist of it.

so that means ANYONE can have access to Bitcoin code and have a Bitcoin mining operation running from their homes literally in hours upon getting a Bitcoin Miner PC.

this is what's scary.

it's like giving hackers access to Mcafee's "back door" and then saying "oh Mcafee is unbeatable".

so the program that's supposedly going to prevent any hacking and stealing of bitcoins IS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE?

right now there are small time Bitcoin mining operations processing Bitcoin transations.

sure. Hackers probably can't access the heavy duty operations but what about the little guys?

To me it just screams "inside job". That theft of millions of dollars worth of bitcoins from Mt. Gox? didn't they come to the conclusion it was an "inside job"?

it's like saying "we're going to make Mcafee opensourced so that every hacker in the world can figure out how we find virus and block i".

The bitcoin mining is what makes Bitcoin "the idea" Awesome and Suck. all at the same time.

k good things...the hacking, or inside jobs, or open sourced are serious concerns. Even today with our current banking system there is hacking, inside jobs, fraud, etc..blockchain actually is more solid than what we have. The problem with bitcoin (including the mt gox.) is that if your keys are not secure, you stand to lose everything. Think, it's strongest point is also its greatest weakness...risky. bitcoin is 100% secure until you keys get into the wrong hands. Bitcoin is too big of a liability to serve as a world currency, too many people are trying to steal, and this would be too easy for them (if everyone were a target) the most people, will not accept it to be a serious store of value.

For the bitcoin mining, it will end someday. Mining pays less and less per block, someday it will be a losing propsition. There will need to be bigger fees per transaction paid to 'miners' to in order to keep break even. Still these fees will not be much. With some gold backed blockchain there won't be 'miners' because this blockchain is backed by real gold, and we can't just crypto real gold into the vault...so each transaction will be a tiny fee too. It will be a reward for contriubting. There will be so much transactions that this will be such a tiny ammount, equal to 1 penny or less per transaction. Our old system of money costs more to process.

If governments did launch a blockchain gold backed currency, you probably wouldn't have the keys, unlike bitcoin. it would be a private blockchain, where you were assigned addresses, but they controlled the 'wallet'. This means u are trusting your life savings to them, but aren't we already trusting our life savings to banks? If the government will have many contingency to deal with problems, also they have so much resource they can catch the person, they will make harsh example of anyone trying to steal. Also, if anyone did get 'hacked', nothing of real value is being stolen, because the gold is locked up in the vault. This is why it could be better than Bitcoin. With bitcoin, someone can keylog or otherwise hack your computer and steal all your bitcoin, your life savings. No one will help you, and you will be completely screwed. This is why bitcoin will not be adopted mainstream. With a private gold-backed blockchain, the governments and banks have a vested interest in protecting your money. They can trace any theft on the blockchain no matter how complicated the route, and probably fix the problem. There are scammers everywhere, scamming everything, all the time right now! blockchain, a rather centralized and universal system will make it so hard for the scammers comparatively.

Most people resent the ideas im saying. They think blockchain is the bee knees and it is ment to cut all the government and banks out. I think above that I proved why that won't happen. There is happy medium though. The ledger can still be public, we can see every transaction too, no funny business between polititions, banks etc.

•••
k good things...the hacking, or inside jobs, or open sourced are serious concerns. Even today with our current banking system there is hacking, inside jobs, fraud, etc..blockchain actually is more solid than what we have. The problem with bitcoin (including the mt gox.) is that if your keys are not secure, you stand to lose everything. Think, it's strongest point is also its greatest weakness...risky. bitcoin is 100% secure until you keys get into the wrong hands. Bitcoin is too big of a liability to serve as a world currency, too many people are trying to steal, and this would be too easy for them (if everyone were a target) the most people, will not accept it to be a serious store of value.

For the bitcoin mining, it will end someday. Mining pays less and less per block, someday it will be a losing propsition. There will need to be bigger fees per transaction paid to 'miners' to in order to keep break even. Still these fees will not be much. With some gold backed blockchain there won't be 'miners' because this blockchain is backed by real gold, and we can't just crypto real gold into the vault...so each transaction will be a tiny fee too. It will be a reward for contriubting. There will be so much transactions that this will be such a tiny ammount, equal to 1 penny or less per transaction. Our old system of money costs more to process.

If governments did launch a blockchain gold backed currency, you probably wouldn't have the keys, unlike bitcoin. it would be a private blockchain, where you were assigned addresses, but they controlled the 'wallet'. This means u are trusting your life savings to them, but aren't we already trusting our life savings to banks? If the government will have many contingency to deal with problems, also they have so much resource they can catch the person, they will make harsh example of anyone trying to steal. Also, if anyone did get 'hacked', nothing of real value is being stolen, because the gold is locked up in the vault. This is why it could be better than Bitcoin. With bitcoin, someone can keylog or otherwise hack your computer and steal all your bitcoin, your life savings. No one will help you, and you will be completely screwed. This is why bitcoin will not be adopted mainstream. With a private gold-backed blockchain, the governments and banks have a vested interest in protecting your money. They can trace any theft on the blockchain no matter how complicated the route, and probably fix the problem. There are scammers everywhere, scamming everything, all the time right now! blockchain, a rather centralized and universal system will make it so hard for the scammers comparatively.

Most people resent the ideas im saying. They think blockchain is the bee knees and it is ment to cut all the government and banks out. I think above that I proved why that won't happen. There is happy medium though. The ledger can still be public, we can see every transaction too, no funny business between polititions, banks etc.

and then there are Ripples. XRP's. No mining. All the XRP's that will ever be made are already made. no mining needed.

what you are saying is that Bitcoins are stolen because people store their keys in not so secure places like thier pc.

but what I'm saying is I suspect that Bitcoins can be stolen or intercepted at the "mining" process.

ANYONE can be a bitcoin miner. Anyone can download the blockchain Software or code. with so much "transparency" eventually people will exploit it for vunerabilities.

This is my worry for RMG.

•••
and then there are Ripples. XRP's. No mining. All the XRP's that will ever be made are already made. no mining needed.

what you are saying is that Bitcoins are stolen because people store their keys in not so secure places like thier pc.

but what I'm saying is I suspect that Bitcoins can be stolen or intercepted at the "mining" process.

ANYONE can be a bitcoin miner. Anyone can download the blockchain Software or code. with so much "transparency" eventually people will exploit it for vunerabilities.

This is my worry for RMG.

"What if" is always something! What if our current digital dollar transactions get intercepted, or otherwise stolen? Fact is that they do, yet the world still goes around. There isn't much software we use now that can't be hacked. what if the programmers added a backdoor...that can't happen with open source. Maybe there are unseen ways ways to hack blockchain, but there's some risk to everything! Blockchain is approved by some of the greatest nerds in the world. IMO, if it were hack-able, it would have been done by now. I think the risk is low at this point. Even if it DID get compromised, the physical gold will still be in the vault, which isn't the case for bitcoin.

•••
domain registration in Pakistan at sky host pk

•••
MintMarque? I don't get it? Marque? and how was that one even a TM issue? there's not even a mention of RMG or Royal on it. and I doubt they got a TM for just Mint. there's too many mints using the word "mint" in their business names.

Thank you MintMarque.com is refocused now with no mention of The Royal Mint, therefore, now there is no infingement of their mark.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Thank you MintMarque.com is refocused now with no mention of The Royal Mint, therefore, now there is no infingement of their mark.

Cheers
Corey
ic ic. wow. so merely mentioning Royal Mint on the landing page for MintMarque? that got you a letter from Royal Mint? crazy!

•••
•••
Blockchain is not an exchange mechanism, it is just a way to link records in a sequential stream. The technique has been around since the 1970s, but Bitcoin may have been the first to give it the name blockchain. It seems to be firming up into a description of a specific hierarchical file structure.

The blockchain directory containing
Fixed length files containing
Mined blocks containing
Bitcoin transactions containing
Payment details.

The blocks contain a cryptographic key that prevents tampering or alteration of the block, and interblock links to avoid blocks getting out of sequence. One Bitcoin payment will result in multiple transactions ( fee, refund of unspent coins from a stored block, multiple inputs for large transactions, etc).

Bitcoin is secure because no one can change a block once it is accepted on the Blockchain. I think there are 6.500 nodes around the world, and you would need to change the records on every one of those computers ( and their backups) if you wanted to change a block. You would also have to change the cryptographic solution on the block and subsequent ones as well. I doubt if there is enough computing power in the world to do this.

•••
OK - here I go out on a limb - I don't think that domains with RMG in them are good investments. There are a number of reasons for this.

When looking for cash related sites, people look for "dollar" not USD in the main.
There is a massive amount of toxic dept in the world, and governments, banks and pension funds are trying to stay afloat with all these liabilities. They are starting to ban cash, and bail-ins are now legal alternatives to bail-outs.
Physical gold buying is now being restricted in China, India and other countries, this may lead to an increase in virtual gold purchases that can be confiscated by the government.

It is difficult to know what the future for gold related sites will be, well the growth niches anyway. It is likely that anything that is critical of RMG is likely to be shut down or blocked. We don't know how Google will treat these names, but they are likely to protect the interests of their advertisers, and the Royal Mint and associates may be significant advertisers

•••

I agree. The "bitcoin blockchain" is not suitable to be utilized as is for other applications. I think that's why the ongoing research now is trying to experiment and even release ready made blockchain for every "use case" based on the original architecture of the blockchain.
Now don't get me wrong but bitcoin is one application of the original blockchain that's meant for creating similar digital currencies. Adopting such a system completely is a true threat to the entire financial systems around the world due to bitcoin blockchain design. That's why different institutions and regulators are embracing the blockchain technology itself and not the special "bitcoin blockchain" for now and trying to figure out standardized ways for the blockchain to fit every "use case". So there might be blockchain for banks and all the related subsystems like credit cards and others. And blockchain for other applications. I think we might even see blockchain APIs roaming around to interface with. The idea boils down to utilize the blockchain high security transaction system: the ledger.

The power is in the interconnected peers of ledgers. So hacking is really hard unless a hacker got to gain access to every "unknown" number of ledgers which is near impossible specially with the blockchain protocol.

There are some "platforms or frameworks" built around blockchain by big companies like MasterCard Blockchain API Targeting Developers The only ongoing research now is about forming a collaborative regulatory for all these platforms to talk to each other.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back