IT.COM

showcase Showcase your Royal Mint Gold domains (RMG)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

baseballworld

Restricted (Market)
Impact
This is the time for everyone to see the new niche. Showcase your royal mint gold domains or RMG as they are called. more information here about them here will eb a blockchain much like bitcoin only real gold backing worth billions.

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/uks-royal-mint-and-cme-group-launching-gold-backed-blockchain-assets/

here are my 2

RoyalMintApp.com - obviously gonna be an app made. lol
RMGPrice.com - chose this because in bitcoin phrases it was highest searched phrase monthly behind bitcoin itself.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
BlockChaingoldcoin.com
BlockChaingoldmine.com
BlockChaingoldminers.com
BlockChaingoldmines.com
BlockChaingoldmining.com
BlockChainRMG.com
RMGbanking.com
RMGbuy.com
RMGbuyers.com
RMGbuying.com
RMGcoin.com
RMGexchanges.com
RMGmine.com
RMGmining.com
RMGsell.com
RMGsellers.com
RMGselling.com
RMGtrade.com
RMGtrader.com
RMGtraders.com
RMGwallets.com
BankRMG.com
TradeRMG.com
ExchangeRMG.com

I think I have enough for now. It was right time right place with dotster sale price,
I was looking for more info about bitcoins as I have BitCoinBags///Com and no takers. Its is expiring soon as in a day or two so Im still debating should I keep it or not. (Still taking offers btw for bitcoinbags lol.)

Anyway, found this article about gold being set up the same way as bitcoin .....http://qz.com/848797/gold-and-bitco...cme-group-are-launching-gold-on-a-blockchain/
I done a bit more reading on it from other news sources to see if it was legit. It was.
So I looked at what the name of the currency is going to be called.
Its called RMG so I compared that with bitcoin, found that wallet was the biggest seller there,
Hmm, so I typed in rmgwallet. Hmmm It was gone. The day/night before.
So in my eyes, it was confirming what I was seeing with the press release.
Somebody randomly picked up a wallet domain the night before. No it doesnt work like that.
There is a reason.

So I took a few moments to think about it, And then I mailed both companys involved with making this tech and tried to plug them these domains, which I had picked up last week bank-co.in mintco.in mint-co.in sell-co.in
send-co.in gold-co.in silver-co.in transfer-co.in buy-co.in wallets-co.in and they all tie in with my
Bit-Co.In which I picked up a couple of months ago.

After that I began thinking well why not use dotster promo now and take a chance on getting these domains
So I got them.. I just mentioned it to BBW in passing about the article and he got excited about it. So much so, he went and got price immediately. !!
And that was it.

It makes up for cussing out one of only 20 people/Companies in the WORLD that would be interested in Zika/////Therapy////Com.
He called me a domain squatter and should be ashamed at what I do and how do I sleep at night and also to go do something productive.
I replied what about the billions that cant afford his overpriced bucking medicine. Maybe he should be a humanitarian and start giving it away for free. I sent the mail to 4 other managers and the info address.

I still got no reply back if he is interested in the domain or not.
lol.

•••
Inspired by the article Gold and bitcoin: The Royal Mint and CME Group are launching gold on a blockchain — Quartz

Registered
  • RMGtoken.com
Cheers
Corey

•••
Just a question guys, is not RMG a TM ?

They have a TM on "The Royal Mint" and also filed one on "RMG" which both appear to be active within the UK but not the U.S.. Not sure about other countries.

I would suggest not registering any name containing Royal Mint, or RMG Gold or anything related within their TM description.

I see no issues myself registering RMG.whateverextension other than .gold or something like that because it's not directed towards their mark. If you do reg. a RMG.whateverextension don't try to sell it to them, not good business and looking for trouble.

Domains such as goldblockchain or rgm in the .whatever, just examples isn't a problem as long as it doesn't interfere with their mark, or any other companies mark using the same name/LLL with a TM.

I'm still not sure what's going on with this other than the fact it's not like bitcoin where actual mining takes place because this is backed by their gold holdings.

I personally would not go hog wild registering domains, a couple OK but honestly I'm not sure anyone knows whats going on with this other than it being something new.

As has been said use your due diligence with this one BJMO..

•••
LunarSeries.com
Great for their Lunar Series silver & gold coins...

Oh, and I have GoldExchange.com

Last edited:
•••
Just to gather on this. Thanks OP.
We reached a good a milestone so far, so I thought to get back to the main RMG subject.

This was necessary at least for me, because if I'm going to hand reg an RMG related domain, I better educate myself along the way about what RMG is in the first place. Thanks to all fellow domainers who shared their inputs and showed me the right path to tread. However be informed that this summary is not by any means complete or claims to be new info. Anyway, you may stick to the notice below :

2wdueir.jpg
The opinions expressed on this comment by this user is "their" own, not those of NamePros. Always question the user's mental sanity before taking anything "they" say for granted! Good luck!

Ok let's dive in..

The Domainer Mini Guide To Understanding
The Royal Mint Gold [RMG]

Vol. 1
Understanding The RMG

So to wrap things up, this all started by the breaking news coming from the Royal Mint. The Royal Mint is a government owned company located in the UK. It's the world's leading export mint, with over 1100 years of experience in bullion trading.

Partnering with the American-based futures exchange CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, the Royal Mint announced a new product called RMG to be traded on a blockchain backed platform that facilitates buying, holding, and selling of gold. The new digital gold product will be open to trading by the mid-2017.

It wasn't clear at first what the true nature of this RMG product is. So after a little investigation we settled to concentrate on the second term associated with it for better understanding.

Enter The Blockchain
j8jof5.jpg
2mwwk68.jpg

We ended up discovering that blockchain is actually a powerful transaction system technology that will probably change the world of transactions in multiple forms of applications. Blockchain technology was the driving technology behind the famous digital currency bitcoin.

Then we proceeded to find out that blockchain technology can be used in endless sorts of applications.

Three main types of blockchains exist
  1. Public blockchains: open source softwares where everyone can be part of them. Anyone in the world can explore the blockchain, send transactions or contracts, consult them and participate in the consensus process to add new blocks of records. This type includes bitcoin, etherium, etc., as applications.
  2. Private blockchains: internal to a single company and restricted to certain entities.
  3. Consortium blockchains: controlled by a pre-selected set of multiple institutions, each operates a node that must sign every block in order for the block to be valid and recorded. The right to read the blockchain may be public, or restricted to the participants. ref
Broad Roles Of The Blockchain
  • Primarily as a fascinating highly secure peer2peer transaction decentralized time stamped ledger system that allows all sort of digital or physical assets transactions to be tracked, encrypted, transmitted over the network, and stored in special data structures called the blocks. The blocks represent immutable linked records that can't be altered once a transaction is recorded successfully with the help of open replicated ledgers. No system admins can tamper with it, not even Satoshi Nakamoto! It's near to impossible to hack (that's at least the hype about it now). This basic form of blockchain represents a transactional system.
  • Expanding on the first blockchain algorithm form, the blockchain has been first materialized into creating crypto currencies by leveraging its mining component (or proof of work PoW) to incorporate incentive rewards to the participants who confirm the validity of the ledger transactions in return of their consensus work. That was the first application and architecture behind the birth of the peer2peer payments system: the bitcoin. This form of the blockchain represents a true exchange system of values: virtual money.
  • The blockchain can be further expanded in many other areas to include but not limited to providing secure voting system, intellectual property tracking, health care, insurance, payments processors, airports tickets, tracking ownership of assets like derivatives, shares, bonds, and everything that needs automated smart contracts or transactions.
Please refer to previous posts or search online for further information. You can start by reading Satoshi Nakamoto first proposal on bitcoin and Wei Dai pioneering proposal

So, now we understand that RMG is built to be traded on this blockchain technology. And we understand in general that a blockchain is sort of a sophisticated peer2peer transaction database based on a decentralized ledger. In other words it's bitcoin or blockchain. It depends on how you use it: to produce crypto currency, or to process transactions. Both are based on incentive rewards provided by the blockchain: be it bitcoin or a different passive earring from the cost savings that arise from using the blockchain. However it depends on the type of the blockchain in use. The more participants in the blockchain consensus process, the more trusted and secure the network as a whole.
Blockchain technology is a decentralized database that stores a registry of assets and transactions across a peer-to-peer network. It’s basically a public registry of who owns what and who transacts what. The transactions are secured through cryptography, and over time, that transaction history gets locked in blocks of data that are then cryptographically linked together and secured. This creates an immutable, unforgettable record of all of the transactions across this network. This record is replicated on every computer that uses the network.
Warburg

Other Digital Gold Products Examples

Then based on previous comments made by fellow domainers in this post, I searched for similar digitized gold products that may resemble Royal Mint RMG product. I needed any possible precedent already set in the wild. There where I met Bitshares, and Digix.

10o0m5f.jpg

Bitshares [BTS] blockchain-backed Asset Exchange Platform
BTS can be converted to BTC and other Crypto Currencies

2qxlq45.jpg

Digix blockchain-backed Asset Exchange Platform
DGX Gold Tokens can be converted to BTC and other Crypto Currencies
with passive income from transaction fees
So Finally What Exactly Is RMG?

Well according to Royal Mint's vague statements they're creating a digital gold product. An investment opportunity. At the same time they say it'll be different than any blockchain digital gold product ever made by other bullion companies out there!
What do you think now? Will be there anything new about it? RMG with wings?

The most likely answer is NO. They're actually talking about two main keywords here:

• The first keyword is new blockchain-backed trading software. The catch lies in the way their blockchain platform process trading of their new RMGs.
  • The second keyword is investment. That could probably also means passive return as a side effect of doing transaction on their platform.
Developing a digital gold trading platform will help ensure that CME Group’s current product offerings meet the evolving needs of the global marketplace. As we continue to expand our global footprint and develop new products, this platform will help set standards for digital assets in financial markets.
Julie Winkler, Senior Director at CME Group

The new platform will be designed by the futures firm CME Group and hopes to launch sometime in 2017. RMG will be based on a blockchain platform that records digital ownership of bullion stored in the Royal Mint’s secure storage vaults. The distributed ledger will provide a cryptographically secure landscape for buying, holding and trading spot gold.
Royal Mint

One RMG will represent one gram of physical gold.
Royal Mint
Go For Gold...Or Run Away From It?

Well now you should hopefully be a bit informed about blockchain, bitcoin, and maybe RMG as a domainer. It's up to you now to go ahead in your registrations ventures or walk away from it.

After all we are talking about Royal Mint and not small establishment. The other maybe struggling for obvious reasons. But Royal Mint could be a real potential with its resourceful capacity.

rhritz.jpg

RUSH
- Dunwall

Last edited:
•••
I got 5 and a ty to baseballworld for the groundbreaking news.

RMGReport.com
RMGOption.com
RMGOptions.com
RMGInfo.com
RMGGuide.com
RMGCalculator.com

•••
A LONGtail

Buy Royal Mint Gold .com

•••
•••
Started with some short ones...
  • GetRMG.com
  • BitRMG.com
  • GoldRM.com
  • RMBars.com
  • RMGBit.com
  • GoldRMG.com

Tried some longer ones...
  • DigitalRMG.com
  • MyRoyalMint.com
  • RoyalMintBar.com
  • RoyalMintBars.com
  • RoyalMintGoldBuy.com
  • RoyalMintGoldSell.com
  • RoyalMintGoldTrade.com
  • RoyalMintGoldTraders.com
  • GetRoyalMintGold.com
  • SellRoyalMintGold.com
  • TradeRoyalMintGold.com
  • BuySellRoyalMintGold.com
Conversions... (probably getting stupid here)
  • RMG2USD.com
  • RMGtoUSD.com
  • USD2RMG.com
  • USDtoRMG.com
And an extra short one just for fun...
  • RMG.tw

...I think I have a problem.
...no, seriously, is there a hotline for domain buying gone out of control?

•••
•••
•••
Aren't you worried about potential trademark problems with hese names ?

•••
.I can't believe that nobody registered RoyalMintGold.xyz.

Well they have now. :)

•••
@d0nboozy

I own a lot of silver, bars, coins etc but it's all tangible property. Should be fun to play in the digital gold market a bit and a way never offered before..

•••
in the process of developing it
  • RMG.trade
Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
inspired by the article RWD posted above I registered
  • DigitalisedGold.com
  • RMGbrokers.com
  • RMGin.com
Any thoughts or feedback?

Cheers
Corey

•••
Well at the moment, I'm not sure we really understand the what and the how of the service. The first online trading platform for physical gold ( rather than paper gold) is in China I believe, and they move the physical gold around in a warehouse when it is sold. There are quite a few online trading platforms for gold, and it remains to be seen if RMG is significantly different. They aren't clear about their reserves, and I suspect they may be fractional, or based on paper gold. If they really have £1billion in gold, it would be good to know where it came from. If it is government owned, then what are they doing with the proceeds of the sale?

•••
I guess I should post my latest name in this thread.

English.Gold

•••
Digital gold is not gold
paper gold is not gold
gold derivatives are not gold

only one thing is gold and that is physical gold.

There is so much misinformation about blockchains - I really must put together a site about them. The Blockchain is the Bitcoin chain, and it is a unique concept. There are problems with keeping non-specific records about gold bullion because not all gold bars are of the same weight and purity.

Most of the domains that I have seen listed containing RMG are either not relevant, or unusable imho.

•••
Ok , this is by far the craziest thread on np these days lol

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back