Dynadot

discuss Showcase Your .NEWS Discuss .NEWS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.NEWS is out. it is probably one of the top gtlds. I am most bullish on it. Very strong, useful, and global in reach.
My strategy was simple... target 3 letter domains. Here are a few...

GEN.News
DDD.News
GGG.News
RRR.News
LLL.News

and a slew of others.

What did you pick up? What's your thoughts on .NEWS and it's future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got these at standard prices:

- Apartment .news
- Bird .news
- Young .news
- Worldtech .news
- Samui .news
- Huahin .news

Last edited:
•••
great.news for $55,000?! that's not great news... :(

greaeee.png

•••
•••
Been looking at .news for quite some time but just can't seem to pull the trigger on any. I like it but all of them I want, or wanted is over priced.

•••
•••
•••
Most of the premium ones are for purchase at premium prices :(

•••
เข้าใจแล้วครับ

(sorry guys, I just said "I understand")

•••
Most of the premium ones are for purchase at premium prices :(

Exactly, when this happens they replace domain investors and become the domainer them self IMO.

I'll pay premium if I see a future return and it's within reason but not with .news, or even .love.

Honestly any good word is 3k or higher within .news, I'm out on this one..

•••
I am not interested but dropped.news is available at standard price.

Thank me in 1 year.

•••
It will be interesting to see how .NEWS did the first 24 hours in GA, as well as the first year in GA.

I guess the premium prices might be reduced later on, IF the demand is lower than expected.

•••
I got :
kerala.news
telugu.news
aero.news
tea.news
astro.news
hill.news
new-york.news
speed.news
vehicle.news
astrology.news
eye.news
eve.news
joy.news
send.news
try.news
yellow.news
remote.news
luck.news
recipe.news
street.news
apparel.news
bid.news
camp.news
claim.news
newz.news

•••
Could be, time will tell but I've seen a trend over the last year or so with the new releases reserving anything decent and leaving scraps for domainers.

Sure they do miss some but ya have to rack your brain searching for their mistakes. Then like with .ooo, or .markets if they do make mistakes they simply snatch and grab the domain back and cry error.

Looks like the only one with potential is .web but I'm afraid it will be over priced too, time will tell.

Good job to those who got in early and reged reasonable priced gTLDS as they're getting out of reach IMO.

•••
environment.news - I checked this domain on name.com it was available for registration, but after a few minutes become 'reserved'.:|

•••
Hello,

In my opinion .NEWS is a great extension, so I think guys like me can forget about the obvious great ones such as: sports, daily, flash, live, london, newyork, world, the, internet, web, auto, tech, travel, business and so on.

These ones will always be very expensive and finally owned by corporations. I guess.

•••
•••
what is the renewal price ? even local.news is 60k ...

•••
what is the renewal price ? even local.news is 60k ...

I paid about 18 dollars per each at GoDaddy (their Discount Domain Club), but these are obviously not premiums.

•••
Rightside got greedy with .news extension. There is almost no opportunity for resellers. 95% of good names (geo based names) are reserved and looks like they will be selling the names direct to end-users. With hefty renewal and selling price, most likely end-users will get scared and adoption is going to take a very long time IMO

•••
Rightside got greedy with .news extension. There is almost no opportunity for resellers. 95% of good names (geo based names) are reserved and looks like they will be selling the names direct to end-users. With hefty renewal and selling price, most likely end-users will get scared and adoption is going to take a very long time IMO

Totally agree. This is one of the best new gtld and it's unfortunately not priced for a thriving aftermarket. But one thing .NEWS did not do was completely tether the LLL.NEWS domains. This is an area I think we'll see strong action in as well as numerics. But of course all the good numerics are at outrageous prices.

•••
ganga.news
SelfDrivingCar.news
DriverlessCar.news
CarbonTax.news
CapAndTrade.news
Dundas.news (Canadian geo that I own the .com and .ca in, as well as the pure geo Dundas.ca)
I think that this extension is the perfect natural for niche interest groups. Niche and industry specific print magazines are a very profitable business.

•••
My second .news. Should appeal to someone, News.News is $60K!

TheNews.News

•••
augmentedreality.news
and
24x7.news

•••
I only got one:

WatchLive.News

•••
Back