IT.COM

showcase Showcase your Defi & Decentralized names & any news

NameSilo
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Inspired by @capiche 's sale (congratz by the way!) and @DomainBarracksRob idea for a showcase thread, I thought I would set one up.

Courtesy of Github:

What is Decentralized Finance?
Decentralized finance (#defi) is the movement that leverages open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent protocols that operate without unnecessary intermediaries. One could envision decentralized finance impacting the financial world the same way that open source software has changed software products.

https://github.com/ong/awesome-decentralized-finance

The below gives a nice breakdown on what it is all about

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/decentralized-finance

https://blockonomi.com/what-is-decentralized-finance-defi

I regged 2 today and will not be going on any mad reg spree.......

Defi Mortgages.com
Defi Securities.com

Please share your names, related news and your thoughts...............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice...I do like Squarespace sites, they look slick.

Did you grab the .com or was it already taken? 🙂

It's already developed and not related to defi

Just neat to see a .org put to use ;) ( note signature )

•••
On my phone, will check later. I remember you have good ones though

Last edited:
•••
Just Registered. Brandable..

openfina.png
opfi.png

•••
Coindesk reports a $25 million DEFI hack of the lending protocol DFORCE. Note their domain name was a .ME

•••
Acquired

DeFi/G/a/m/ing

KING

first defi Aftermarket purchase

•••
•••
Check out the YouTube channel Ivan on Tech. He has had some discussions of DEFI on his channel and also offers various bloodbath-related courses on his website.

•••
•••
Another YouTube channel worth following which discusses DEFI projects is

Chris Blec on DEFI

•••
•••
•••
$515 Million crypto fund for Defi is announced. In the announcement they say:

"DeFi is a new stack of financial services –– think lending, derivatives, insurance, trading, crowdfunding, and more –– built on top of blockchains that embraces the core values of the open internet, including 1) open access to anyone in the world; 2) commitment to open source code; 3) permissionless extensibility by third-party developers; 4) minimal-to-no fees; and 5) encryption-backed security and privacy.

DeFi has been rapidly adopted by early users and developers. Users have deployed hundreds of millions of dollars in leading DeFi protocols, while developers have embraced DeFi’s open and rich design space. One of the main forces that has driven the rise of open-source software is composability –– the ability to remix and recombine software components. With programmable trust, scarcity, and value as new building blocks, DeFi opens the components of finance to the same recombination and experimentation that makes open-source software so powerful."

https://a16z.com/2020/04/30/crypto-fund-ii/

•••
Many DEFI projects are using non-.COM (reg fee quality) domains but if they work...

A concept I had not heard of before... DEX aggregator.

•••
Maybe, maybe not -- they hand-regged the .network in August 2018 while I hand-regged the .com in February 2019.

If they had wanted the .com, you'd think they would have grabbed it in 2018.

This does go to show that a lot of start ups in Crypto actually prefer ngTLDs over dot coms, even leaving them available after regging their desired ngTLD...which to me is an ignorant move in my opinion. If I were a start up preferring a ngTLD, I would reg the dot com if it's available to defend my brand...because dot com has more weight.

But because Crypto consumers, users and startups are all familiar with ngTLDs, they are not afraid of people confusing their address with a dot com.

•••
Even before the newer extensions were released it was fairly common to see small companies using clear reg fee domains in .com or alternate extensions. Hundreds of new extensions make it easier to avoid paying for an aftermarket domain. A small percentage of decision makers understand the value of a short, memorable domain to the branding of their business and are willing to pay a reasonable amount of money to acquire an appropriate name. Most don't see the reason to spend more than $xx for a domain and think that people who price domains above $75 are scammers. What percentage of the world population understand the use case of blockchain tech as more than some wild speculative gamble? Not sure but probably under 1%. What percentage of adults over 30 incorporate sprint intervals into their weekly workout routines? In the US last year only 193 men in my age group (estimated ten million men would be eligible) competed in 100 meter competitions under USATF rules. At the gym it is common to see people waiting to use a leg press machine or bench but I have never had someone ask to work out with me while I do 60, 100 and 200 meter intervals. Domains are a niche that like many others few people outside that niche value.

•••
It appears that MakerDao's Oasis app is now allowing the use of Bitcoin collateral for its lending platform using wrapped BTC. I have not yet tested the functionality.

•••
Collected:
MoneyDefi.com
DefiIdentity.com
Defify.com
Depreneur.com
Defipal.com
Defisuisse.com
DaoFi.com
Deficompanies.com
Defiweekly.com
Decentraloan.com
DecentralizedFinance.network

Opfilend.com
Opfilending.com
Opficredit.com
Opfirates.com
Opfitoken.com
Opficoin.com
Opfichain.com
Opfiservices.com
Opfisolutions.com
Opfi.network

DM for offer :)

•••
•••
Coingecko published a book March 2020 titled...

How to DEFI

available on Amazon for ~$10

•••
MaxDapp mentions a project called pTokens which is in phase 0 but offers a potential scaling solution for BTC transfers by using Ethereum or EOS blockchains.

•••
I'm hoping this DeFi niche really takes off in the future! I've started collecting some names over the last few months, here's what I got:

DeFi (dot) Market
DeFi
(dot) Exchange
DeFi
(dot) Live
DeFi
(dot) Dev
DeFi
(dot)Tel
DeFi
(dot) International
Decentralized
(dot) Loans

I'm not sure if Dapp names count for this thread, but I have:

Dapp (dot) Digital
Dapp
(dot) Direct
Dapps
(dot) Direct

Last edited:
•••
•••
What do you guys think about my domains =) ?

defipartners king
defifoundation king

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back