Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guessing you're thinking it would be good for a "quitting marijuana" site?

Personally, it seems to me that Cannabis is being touted as a wonderful incredible thing so I'm not sure how much traction you would have with that name. I really don't think anybody is quitting marijuana... if anything they are STARTING to use marijuana... but if they WERE wanting to quit, all they would have to do is stop smoking it ...as it's not addictive so there really is no help/strategy/intervention required.

"Quit smoking" would be a great name as it would obviously pertain to quitting cigarette smoking...which with all the addictive chemicals that come along with it can be quite difficult to do!! But "quit MJ" in my opinion is not a good name

Thanks for feedback.Yeah I was thinking with legalization coming soon more people starting is an opportunity for more to want to quit.Maybe due to finances or lost ambition.Referring to addiction I was told that once daily smokers quit there is a heavy psychological symptoms (strong cravings) along with loss of appetite/disturbing dreams and major insomnia

•••
If you say so.

I have never heard of any of those symptoms from people who smoke weed.

•••
Those symptoms happen, and are quickly cured with more weed :)

•••
Same with crack Mary
QuitMJ is a decent name.

Not everyone’s experience with marijuana is pleasant. It often can leave you anxious, afraid, or panicked. Using pot may raise your chances for clinical depression or worsen the symptoms of any mental disorders you already have. Scientists aren’t yet sure exactly why. In high doses, it can make you paranoid or lose touch with reality so you hear or see things that aren’t there.
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/marijuana-use-and-its-effects#1

There will be many anti cannabis movements/groups. I like QuitMJ good name imo. I have a name very similar. Thanks for your contribution to the thread hawkeye, always a pleasure to be reminded of the 4077

•••
Same with crack Mary
QuitMJ is a decent name.

Not everyone’s experience with marijuana is pleasant. It often can leave you anxious, afraid, or panicked. Using pot may raise your chances for clinical depression or worsen the symptoms of any mental disorders you already have. Scientists aren’t yet sure exactly why. In high doses, it can make you paranoid or lose touch with reality so you hear or see things that aren’t there.
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/marijuana-use-and-its-effects#1

There will be many anti cannabis movements/groups. I like QuitMJ good name imo. I have a name very similar. Thanks for your contribution to the thread hawkeye, always a pleasure to be reminded of the 4077

Yes, I Googled and found similar information on several sites originating from the USA.. I wonder what is considered a high dose? Also wonder how much of what is printed is true and how much of it is propaganda left over from America's "War on Drugs"?

Can anyone say Reefer Madness?? 🤪

•••
Marijuana!!!

The burning weed with it's roots in HELL!!!

Last edited:
•••
Smokipedia.com
Vapurize.com
CookieGlue.com (strain of weed)
KushyFarms.com
Nextracts.com

Curious which of these domains people think are most attractive/valuable.

Last edited:
•••
cbd brownies
cbd caramel
cbd caramels
cbd fudge

•••
80084400_10162944674050105_502837045685649408_n.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
QuitCannabis.org

Extractiv.com

Last edited:
•••
Marijuana has it's roots in Mexican Spanish and through decades of legal stigmatization, carries with it negative overtones...that's why people in the industry tend to use cannabis.

But for brandability, I still thing "marijuana" and "weed" are stronger.

•••
PSA

WeedMaps.com has updated their site and logo & app.

Much more intricate now.

I only just noticed from visiting after a random employee sent me a add request on LinkedIn

Last edited:
•••
not mine

HempCbd.net
GD Expired
$1782

•••
Question.....

Pretty sure everybody will agree that the CBD and Cannabis markets are exploding and being that they are still in their infancy will continue to grow for quite some time.

So where does that put the CBD or Cannabis domain name valuation compared to it's mainstream product or service counterpart?

For instance..
Makeup /com vs. Cbd Makeup/com Cosmetics/com vs. Cbd Cosmetics/com
Cream/com vs. Cbd Cream /com
Energy Drink/com vs. Cbd Energy Drink/com

Using the examples above...What percentage of the "non cbd" name do you think the CBD name would be worth? Could it be 10%... or perhaps 50% ..or maybe even 80% of it's non cbd counterpart?

What do YOU think?

I personally feel that particularily within the health and beauty genre, a premium keyword CBD name should be worth something quite close to the non-cbd name... like at least 75% for a premium keyword cbd name.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
Lol. CBD being 75% of the keyword eh? Like cream.com vs cdbcream.com eh? eh???

That's some good marijuana you're smoking there.

•••
•••

Pretty sure everybody will agree that the CBD and Cannabis markets are exploding and being that they are still in their infancy will continue to gro

So where does that put the CBD or Cannabis domain name valuation compared to it's mainstream product or service counterpart?

For instance..
Makeup /com vs. Cbd Makeup/com Cosmetics/com vs. Cbd Cosmetics/com
Cream/com vs. Cbd Cream /com
Energy Drink/com vs. Cbd Energy Drink/com

Using the examples above...What percentage of the "non cbd" name do you think the CBD name would be worth? Could it be 10%... or perhaps 50% ..or maybe even 80% of it's non cbd counterpart?
I actually have cbdenergy and makeup .com. To say they’re worth 5% of the one word .com would be generous.

What do YOU think?

I personally feel that particularily within the health and beauty genre, a premium keyword CBD name should be worth something quite close to the non-cbd name... like at least 75% for a premium keyword cbd name.

Thoughts?
Not worth 5% of the one word .com

Last edited:
•••
medicinal.best
medicinals.best

•••
Not worth 5% of the one word .com

Thanks for weighing in keith!!

I know you've made some 5 figure sales in the CBD realm. .. does this mean that the non-cbd keyword of your sale(s) would have been worth six and maybe even seven figures?

I'm of the belief that the CBD keyword should be almost as valuable as the keyword itself... so long as it is a good match... which is why I used beauty products as an example. One of the top uses for CBD right now is in beauty products.

Eg... CbdPipe would be lucky to touch 1% of Pipe/com... but Cosmetics vs Cbd Cosmetics should and would be much closer in value to each other.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Lol. CBD being 75% of the keyword eh? Like cream.com vs cdbcream.com eh? eh???

That's some good marijuana you're smoking there.

@BlackCatsAreNice,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Thank you for your well thought out and finely consrructed response!

Your explanation and reasoning certainly give pause for thought. 👍

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for weighing in keith!!

I know you've made some 5 figure sales in the CBD realm. .. does this mean that the non-cbd keyword of your sale(s) would have been worth six and maybe even seven figures?

I'm of the belief that the CBD keyword should be almost as valuable as the keyword itself... so long as it is a good match... which is why I used beauty products as an example. One of the top uses for CBD right now is in beauty products.

Eg... CbdPipe would be lucky to touch 5% of Pipe/com... but Cosmetics vs Cbd Cosmetics should and would be much closer in value to each other.
I have CBDmakeup. While makeup.com is prob worth $5 million or better, add CBD and it’s worth 1% imo.

•••
I have CBDmakeup. While makeup.com is prob worth $5 million or better, add CBD and it’s worth 1% imo.

Perhaps you're right??

I guess it will just boil down to whenever it's sold. Then we will have the answer!

However, I expect the value of your domain name to continually increase as the months go by...

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps your right??

I guess it will just boil down to whenever it's sold. Then we will have the answer!

However, I expect the value of your domain name to continually increase as the months go by...
Something like “energy” is a better comparison because it’s not product related. Take energy.com vs hempenergy.com for example. One is worth many millions. The other, maybe 6 figures with lots of luck.

There is a huge difference between pure, one word .com and 2 word domains.

•••
@BlackCatsAreNice,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Thank you for your well thought out and finely consrructed response!

Your explanation and reasoning certainly give pause for thought. 👍

Cheers!

Yeah, indeed. I was gonna write a flippant, short response to your ridiculous thought process but I decided a thesis of epic proportions is warranted because the mis-education of domainers is a shame and a disgrace and needs to be called out.

I think I did a fine job arguing for my case.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back