Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
registered Sativa.dev

Cheers
Corey

•••
WeedPolis.com (Polis means CITY in Greek)

•••
•••
•••
What is your example?

I haven't sold any name like that but let's say brandables that are a play on the words like made up words ending with 'juana'. This is just an example and I have never sold/owned any name with a 'juana' as suffix.

•••
edit:
NB shows plenty of sales, but they look like low end expired auctions. In such a competitive market with plenty of competing keywords it could be a long hold, imo.
I'm not in any rush to sell and tbh I would like to develop it.
Thank you :)

LeafyBros dotcom and dotnet.
I'm not a massive fan personally but brandable potential for sure.

Last edited:
•••
CANNABIS CATEGORY ON NAMEBIO.
(keyword suggestions wanted)

I've been discussing with Michael from Namebio the possibility of implementing a cannabis category. This could be similar to the Crypto category which uses special algorithms to identify crypto names with a high degree of accuracy. It may be feasible to use similar logic to help identify cannabis names. I have offered to help curate a list of keywords and to solicit feedback from this group.

You can try the crypto feature on Namebio by selecting Category=Other, Subcategory=Crypto Domains. The search returns a list of names that have been automatically placed in the crypto category. The logic that places a name into the crypto category goes beyond simple character matching by using special classes of keywords, then looking at how the terms are used in the name... for example placement (beginning, end, etc), whether the keyword could be part of a larger word (i.e. not "thc" in "healthcare"), etc.

The first step is to develop a list of keywords that correlate strongly with cannabis domains. I have started the following list.

strain
weed
kush
hemp
herb
leaf
bud
pot
green
cbd
thc
canna
plant
high
grow
grower
mj
kief
sativa
indica
flower
cannabis
marijuana
resin
shatter
grass
trichome
calyx
heirloom
reefer
blunt

I would welcome any suggestions to help develop the list with terms that have a decent chance of returning mostly cannabis results. Will keep you posted on progress.
A few that come to mind
CBG seems to be more commonly listed with strains (THC/CBD/CBG percentage)

Dispensary another one

Marihuana

~
I am sure other members will help like @Jay Ha

•••

I've been discussing with Michael from Namebio the possibility of implementing a cannabis category. This could be similar to the Crypto category which uses special algorithms to identify crypto names with a high degree of accuracy. It may be feasible to use similar logic to help identify cannabis names. I have offered to help curate a list of keywords and to solicit feedback from this group.

You can try the crypto feature on Namebio by selecting Category=Other, Subcategory=Crypto Domains. The search returns a list of names that have been automatically placed in the crypto category. The logic that places a name into the crypto category goes beyond simple character matching by using special classes of keywords, then looking at how the terms are used in the name... for example placement (beginning, end, etc), whether the keyword could be part of a larger word (i.e. not "thc" in "healthcare"), etc.

The first step is to develop a list of keywords that correlate strongly with cannabis domains. I have started the following list.

strain
weed
kush
hemp
herb
leaf
bud
pot
green
cbd
thc
canna
plant
high
grow
grower
mj
kief
sativa
indica
flower
cannabis
marijuana
resin
shatter
grass
trichome
calyx
heirloom
reefer
blunt

I would welcome any suggestions to help develop the list with terms that have a decent chance of returning mostly cannabis results. Will keep you posted on progress.
MMJ
Dank
Bong

•••
•••

strain
weed
kush
hemp
herb
leaf
bud
pot
green
cbd
thc
canna
plant
high
grow
grower
mj
kief
sativa
indica
flower
cannabis
marijuana
resin
shatter
grass
trichome
calyx
heirloom
reefer
blunt

Google might offer a more thorough list of terms in and around this niche, as would the early days of this thread. Here are a few more, imo.

nug
joint
seeds
pipe
hookah
doobie
doob
doobage
vape
vapor
vaping
cbn
cbc
cbda
thca
cbdv
thcv
juice
edibles
oil
etc, etc.

*don't forget long form of names:

Medical Marijuana
Tetrahydrocannabinol
Cannabidiol
Cannabinol
etc, etc.

•••
I have WeedVacation, WeedClass and WeedPlace (all .com), plus some other KWweed .coms. If they don't sell for years, so be it. Until they do, they'll have a home in my portfolio.

Talk about coincidence.. one of the names I mentioned just sold through Afternic BIN..

•••
•••
•••

CannabisPendants.com
CannabisPendant.com

CannabisNecklaces.com
CannabisNecklace.com

•••

CannabisVideographer.com

CannabisPhotoAndVideo.com

•••
•••

CannabisBrandingAgents.com
CannabisBrandingAgent.com

CannabisMarketingAgents.com
CannabisMarketingAgent.com

•••
Hi all,

I registered the below for a mid to long term hold.
Would love some feedback on them if you have the time - be honest, brutal and above all constructive!
@Keith - especially you as you are the cannaman......

CBDbread (.co.uk
CBDyogurt (.co.uk
CBDgreenTea (.co.uk

•••
Hi all,

Would love some feedback on them if you have the time - be honest, brutal and above all constructive!

CBDbread (.co.uk
CBDyogurt (.co.uk
CBDgreenTea (.co.uk
Are sub-domains still preferred, even though the name is avail in the second-level? eg cbdbread(uk)
Not being from UK myself, I guess it's taking awhile for .uk to catch on? Or people don't give a hoot..

Is the world going to be overtaken by the cbd acronym + keyword based businesses? Or are you hoping for buyers looking for a redirect?

I would be looking at other trend threads, ie 3d, VR, crypto, flying cars or whatever, and see how successful the thousands of regs have been in turning meaningful profits.

•••
Another word you all can add to the list is one I've recently learned about, ...there is a catch its "Spanish" BUT Beautiful Spelling and pronunciation in English that word is -

"MOTA" = Marijuana, Cannabis,weed slang in Spanish.....before you say who wants to brand with Spanish slang.....there's MANY sites already in use with " MOTA" . I spent the last week looking over and researching the word and use in names.

Now on to word play..We all heard about " cannaBLISS" sold at SEDO for $15k.....though it may not be as popular, nore is it limited to just marijuana, as "mota" can mean other things and short way of saying "motor"

I give you all my new Favorite Brandable I came up with last week.....

MOTABIS .COM :xf.smile: (CVCVCVC) rolls of the tongue smoothly and syllables sound the same as "cannabis" . :)

https://www.motacannabisproducts.ca/ One example

https://www.lamota.com/ Oregon Group of Dispensary Stores

https://www.lamota.org/en/ Another Cannabis Site

and of Course mota.la ( Good looking Canna Site)
(This name can be used by more than just the Cannabis niche, but it's a great fit)

Last edited:
•••
Are sub-domains still preferred, even though the name is avail in the second-level? eg cbdbread(uk)
Not being from UK myself, I guess it's taking awhile for .uk to catch on? Or people don't give a hoot..

Is the world going to be overtaken by the cbd acronym + keyword based businesses? Or are you hoping for buyers looking for a redirect?

I would be looking at other trend threads, ie 3d, VR, crypto, flying cars or whatever, and see how successful the thousands of regs have been in turning meaningful profits.
.uk is a useless extension - .co.uk is the main option for UK businesses, it is preferred over .com in the majority of cases and multinationals will use the co.uk extension here to target the UK market

I am hoping for redirect interest, as you say the world will not be not be overtaken with "cbd" "keyword"

There is a growing market in the keywords I have chosen in the UK for cbd products

•••
420.png

•••
Another word you all can add to the list is one I've recently learned about, ...there is a catch its "Spanish" BUT Beautiful Spelling and pronunciation in English that word is -

"MOTA" = Marijuana, Cannabis,weed slang in Spanish.....before you say who wants to brand with Spanish slang.....there's MANY sites already in use with " MOTA" . I spent the last week looking over and researching the word and use in names.

Now on to word play..We all heard about " cannaBLISS" sold at SEDO for $15k.....though it may not be as popular, nore is it limited to just marijuana, as "mota" can mean other things and short way of saying "motor"

I give you all my new Favorite Brandable I came up with last week.....

MOTABIS .COM :xf.smile: (CVCVCVC) rolls of the tongue smoothly and syllables sound the same as "cannabis" . :)

https://www.motacannabisproducts.ca/ One example

https://www.lamota.com/ Oregon Group of Dispensary Stores

https://www.lamota.org/en/ Another Cannabis Site

and of Course mota.la
(This name can be used by more than just the Cannabis niche, but it's a great fit)

mota (.) company
mota (.) world

Just added

•••
Hi all,

CBDbread (.co.uk
CBDyogurt (.co.uk
CBDgreenTea (.co.uk
I’m going to refrain from giving appraisals or thoughts on other’s domains from now on. How and why people spend their money isn’t my business.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back