Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone done well with geo domain in this niche ? I need fact and figures please
@Keith?

•••
Has anyone done well with geo domain in this niche ? I need fact and figures please
@Keith?

Geos still have to come to fruition as the industry is still young. It comes down to regional legislation for example, some provinces in Canada have only 4 corporate dispensary franchises where others are wide open for the public to apply for licenses. For the provinces that have many license holders, geos will most likely have more appeal as there are more business owners looking for a SEO edge.

via outbound marketing I sold a lot of 10 geos a few weeks ago to a Canadian dispensary owner.

•••
•••
Geos still have to come to fruition as the industry is still young. It comes down to regional legislation for example, some provinces in Canada have only 4 corporate dispensary franchises where others are wide open for the public to apply for licenses. For the provinces that have many license holders, geos will most likely have more appeal as there are more business owners looking for a SEO edge.

via outbound marketing I sold a lot of 10 geos a few weeks ago to a Canadian dispensary owner.

My experience with "Geos"(dot ca's)...been getting search traffic but no sale (asking low XXX to low XXXX). so took those domains and redirected them either to a affiliate site or a FB page. So far since legalization in Canada, they have brought me in a regular income!

Been coming across a few USA geos in the CBD (medical marijuana) niche, typically shopify or basic wordpress pages!

Believe the market in the "infancy" stage..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of GEO's especially USA ...if this state talking about "medical marijuana"..and it happens, lots of other states (hopefully federal) will follow..

Texas lawmaker calls for legalization of medical marijuana
Sen. Jose Menendez says need 'is real'

“Why are we making people either criminals or forcing them to leave the state of Texas?” Menendez asked. “In every state that surrounds Texas, you can access medical marijuana.”

The only exception in Texas is the Texas Compassionate Use Program, or “T-CUP,” which allows only patients with intractable epilepsy to receive low doses of medical marijuana."

“What keeps medical marijuana from moving forward is the fear that politicians have of getting retribution at the ballot box,” Menendez suggested.

There is still a very real stigma, he said, attached to just the use of the word marijuana.

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas-lawmaker-calls-for-legalization-of-medical-marijuana

•••
KushCabin.com

Kushra.com

SRcbd.com

•••
•••

Thanks. Just wanted to know what some have sold in terms of Geo and your sales price. I understand most is not reported by namebio

•••
It appears 2019 will be a great year for "CBD" domains.

"cbd" +Keyword+Keyword.com just sold on Godaddy for $1651.

Not mine.

•••
another 3 worder
cbdoilhub .com Just shy of $1700. 2yr old reg
lets go team 3word !!!!!

•••
It appears 2019 will be a great year for "CBD" domains.

"cbd" +Keyword+Keyword.com just sold on Godaddy for $1651.

Not mine.
Yes. I was told "to get lost , get a clue , give up, noob, u have no clue what your taking about , 3 words are USELESS , Worthless , garbage , junk , ETC...... " Thanks for the great advice forum gurus :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
I have CBD .coms too but apparently they are worthless.lets see what the year brings

•••
Yes. I was told "to get lost , get a clue , give up, noob, u have no clue what your taking about , 3 words are USELESS , Worthless , garbage , junk , ETC
TDG, that is stretching what was advised prior. You were 'told' that worders were harder to sell, not 'USELESS , Worthless , garbage , junk , ETC' . Though thru your previous posts you took it that way. Many a 3-4 word domain has sold for good money, and domainers know that, it's just that 2 worders are the sweet spot sellers.

•••
TDG, that is stretching what was advised prior. You were 'told' that worders were harder to sell, not 'USELESS , Worthless , garbage , junk , ETC' . Though thru your previous posts you took it that way. Many a 3-4 word domain has sold for good money, and domainers know that, it's just that 2 worders are the sweet spot sellers.

This is a GD expiring domain auction so the buyer is probably a reseller, not an enduser. So if that is the case, the reseller thinks the domain is worth more than that to an enduser. Is it? We don't know.

For info, GD values the domain at $2855.

Last edited:
•••

its all good :)
im not going to go threw the months of old posts of where I was being told i have no clue what I was doing. thats exactly what I was told. worded differently by different people. no offense taken. Its all learning for me.
I was RighT.
I was correct in my thinking and I knew I was going in the right CBDdirection/directons.com LOL. forsale btw
Mahalo's

•••
This is a GD expiring domain auction so the buyer is probably a reseller, not an enduser. So if that is the case, the reseller thinks the domain is worth more than that to an enduser. Is it? We don't know.
Doesn't really matter who bought it, someone felt it was worth almost $1700. And they bought it.

•••
another 3 worder
cbdoilhub .com Just shy of $1700. 2yr old reg
lets go team 3word !!!!!
The diff between 2 and 3 word cbd domains is 10x..at least

I sold CBDhub so I know 😁

Last edited:
•••
The diff between 2 and 3 word cbd domains is 10x
100 agreed .
but
why did all of the seasoned "domainers" leave an incredible amount of meat on the bone for us noobs ?
why leave the 3 word cbd _____ _____ .coms ????????

•••
So am not a pothead... but did pick up a short and memorable name from a recent drop list.
BudPots.com

•••
100 agreed .
but
why did all of the seasoned "domainers" leave an incredible amount of meat on the bone for us noobs ?
We left 10x less because those in the know already cashed in on 1-2 word stuff.

•••
Important to remember, quality names that make sense may have a future, and even then it's no guarantee. Names with random dictionary words, having little or no relevance to the niche, will likely be nothing more than a preview of next years drop list.

Additionally, domainers bidding each other up while trying to win expired auctions is not indicative of true market value. That is merely reseller, at best, and only at that particular time. Even if your target audience is simply other resellers, most would not pay those inflated expired auction prices outright. The only reason many expired auctions reach those prices, more often than not, is emotional bidding by domainers in the heat of the moment.

Not trying to dash anyone's hopes and dreams. Just food for thought. As always, choose your regs and buys wisely, IMO..cheers!

•••
Last edited:
•••
make completely no sense to me , but Im stoked you all felt that way. thank you for your kind generosity
much Mahalo's
With your logic you should be registering 4 and 5 word domains, maybe more.

At the end of the day, what sells the most are 1 and 2 word domains. If you want table scraps you can venture into unwanted territory.

•••
With your logic you should be registering 4 and 5 word domains, maybe more.

At the end of the day, what sells the most are 1 and 2 word domains. If you want table scraps you can venture into unwanted territory.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here comes the boom. Here comes the 5 and 7 word domains. "your logic" OMG

•••
100 agreed .
but

Got into the game too late..all the premiums were taken..if any were available to buy, asking price was way out of my budget..

I may be experienced but cannabis is a new niche for me and a helluva learning curve for this gray beard.

Way too risky to spend money on a niche that getting bigger as we speak
~~~

Last edited:
•••
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here comes the boom. Here comes the 5 and 7 word domains. "your logic" OMG

Domain guy , can u be a little more respectful?
U r getting important lessons here on how to make money and it seems u do all in your power to disregard it .
1>2
2>3
3>4

Why would he register 3-4 CBD names that are a bigger risk when he can purchase strong and related to the niche 2 words ??
Big fish little fish yeah? :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back