Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Added a few CBD names -
CBDnrgBev.com
CBDGummyBites.com
CBDHealthyBars.com
CBDnetworx.com

•••
•••
For those who think hand regs and $8 visions are a outdated model

Cannaneighborhood
Neighborhoodcanna
Leafneighborhood
Neighborhood leaf

All in .com $8 at a time. Found them this weekend :)

It's a bit wordy but still sellable in my opinion.

Still follows my rules; two word non brandable SEO based .coms

•••

Cannaneighborhood
Neighborhoodcanna
Leafneighborhood
Neighborhood leaf

there's a reason why three of them have no history of being registered before.

•••

Cannaneighborhood
Neighborhoodcanna
Leafneighborhood
Neighborhood leaf

Neighborhood keyword is too cumbersome unless you get something like these sales:
neighborhoodwatch
neighborhoodbakery
neighborhoodhomes
myneighborhood

Cannabis,cbd,marijuana,weed,vape,pot still available as prefixes to neighborhood.
Marijauna,weed,vape,420 sill available as suffixes.

The following are available and make more sense than combining neighborhood with weed keywords. Also all the other major weed keywords are taken for these suffixes.

CannaSmoking.com
LeafGoodies.com

•••
SuperCropping.com

super cropping definition if nobody knows. Super stoked to develop this domain. It's perfect for the industry!

"Super cropping, or high-stress training (HST), is a bush-style method of growing cannabis plants. It is a technique where a certain amount of stress is placed on the marijuana plant by exerting very gentle pressure that will slightly damage the tissues in a pre-planned manner."

•••
Here are the keywords that I think are hottest right now (in order):

CBD
Hemp
Cannabis
Canna
Weed
Marijuana

CBD is getting regged hand over fist. I actually passed on CBDManual.com hand reg this year. Taken now someone is making a go at development.

•••
Interesting article - The Drinks Business

Filmmaker-turned-winemaker Francis Ford Coppola is the latest high profile drinks maker to enter the cannabis game with lifestyle brand "The Grower Series"

Cheers
Corey

•••
Here are the keywords that I think are hottest right now (in order):

CBD
Hemp
Cannabis
Canna
Weed
Marijuana

CBD is getting regged hand over fist. I actually passed on CBDManual.com hand reg this year. Taken now someone is making a go at development.
I’ll go with -

CBD
Canna
Hemp

•••
•••
Neighborhood agreed its wordy.

Their will be tens of thousands of new startups. Were going to be amazed at what sells going into 2019

I'm expecting prices $3k to $5k on startups and small craft growers.

I agree with Kieth that $20k numbers will be for large multinationals. And brandables will be key.

The above being said

Michigan ( both Kieths and I home turf )

0 outside funding in state vetted money exclusive
A craft provision: all current holders of caretaker liscences are flipped into this category. They will all need domains. And need to brand.
Local control on banning multi nationals
Debate on stacked permitts
5 kinds of permitts

In Ann Arbor area alone they will issue more permitts than the entire State of Florida ( 13 permits) New Startups. Ohio , yes the entire state has 24 growers and 57 licensed retail stores.

Will franchising work in this industry? Med Men thinks so. And a standardized product that can translate to retail? We will see.

My market studies reflect %6 of the new startups market has been created. Cali taking the lions share at %3. A 94% future market for domains still not even permitted.

California %3
Massachusetts %2
Vermont %0
Maine %0
New Jersey %0
Michigan %12?
N. Dakota %0
Nevada %20
Illinois %??
Pennsylvania %70 ( medical )

If the house flips tomorrow and Democrats get in both Florida and Ohio Missouri and Utah are in play.

One gets the idea. Judging this industry on multi nationals ( CBD ) plays and Canada ( that's not the USA) is reduculious.

Commodity based domains will skyrocket the few left that can translate.

Or judging the resale market is of little interest to the end users and their needs.

Last edited:
•••
Neighborhood agreed its wordy.

Their will be tens of thousands of new startups. Were going to be amazed at what sells going into 2019

My market studies reflect %6 of the new startups market has been created. Cali taking the lions share at %3. A 94% future market for domains still not even permitted.

California %3
Massachusetts %2
Vermont %0
Maine %0
New Jersey %0
Michigan %12?
N. Dakota %0

One gets the idea. Judging this industry on multi nationals ( CBD ) plays and Canada ( that's not the USA) is reduculious.

Or judging the resale market is of little interest to the end users and their needs.
I don’t believe there will be thousands of startups.

The industry will be dominated by a few huge players. Yes, lots of dispensaries will exist but they won’t have funds to pay huge money for domains.

Careful with your regs!

•••
@Leafurl Colorado?

Sure not a American politics expert but what I been reading..the future of cannabis legal depends on the upcoming elections..

•••
@Leafurl Colorado?

Sure not a American politics expert but what I been reading..the future of cannabis legal depends on the upcoming elections..
Train has already left the station. My feeling is there is no stopping the federal decriminalization within the next 10 years.

•••
Train has already left the station. My feeling is there is no stopping the federal decriminalization within the next 10 years.
Totally agree with the decriminalization.
Was referring too the near future regarding recreational use.

•••
I’ll go with -

CBD
Canna
Hemp
I think you said something before about Canna being used in Europe alot due to regs not allowing Cannabis. Are you seeing the same popularity for Canna in the states too?

•••
My latest Snag

C/a/n/n/a/M/e/d/z/ .com (5yr old GD CL Out)

yes it's a Z .....I know the S would be Superb but a little google time

already found 3 EUs that would MUCH benefit from the upgrade that are using Keywors+ (medZ)

•••
I think you said something before about Canna being used in Europe alot due to regs not allowing Cannabis. Are you seeing the same popularity for Canna in the states too?
It was BC that didn’t allow words like weed and cannabis on storefronts. My guess is that will spill over to most states/countries that legalize pot.

Businesses will need to use canna, 420, leaf, or whatever.

•••
I give countrywide legalization 5 years, max.

reasons:
1. The FDA just approved a drug called "Epidiolex" main ingredient is cannabis, available in all 50 states.
2. I live in the DEEP south, starting to see decriminalization countywide. The south is stupid as we all know with outdated laws etc.
3. If anybody wants to get elected president in the next few terms, I feel like they are going to notice that the majority of voters are going to be millennials that don't give a fuck what people do in their free time.
4. I feel like it's going to be a political power move by somebody, running for office to basically solidify the millennial vote.
5. Big pharma ( FDA ) are the only ones that are stopping country wide legalization because of the massive loss medical marijuana industry is already doing to them, they've been fighting since the first decriminalization in 1996.

anyways that's my two cents. either way, I'm completely for the 100% legalization of anything related to marijuana.

Cheers!

•••
I didn't realize that the UK just legalized medicinal use.

•••
5. Big pharma ( FDA ) are the only ones that are stopping country wide legalization because of the massive loss medical marijuana industry is already doing to them, they've been fighting since the first decriminalization in 1996.
On the other hand big business wants legalisation because without that it is hard to invest, unlike Canada which has a huge headstart to being a weed superpower. So the longer it is until legalisation in the USA, the stronger Canadian companies will be and the more prepared to dominate the US market.

Recently big business took out a full page ad in the WSJ more or less saying legalisation was needed in the USA to stay competitive.

•••
•••
•••
CBD
HEMP
THC
WEED

Mine is probably the best domain collection in the UK + 30 .coms
cbd is big with medical cannabis blowing up here :xf.wink:

cbdbombs .com
thcbombs .com

•••
safe_image.php

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back