IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Henry Ford built a potentially carbon-negative car out of hemp plastic than ran on hemp fuel almost a century ago. Why aren’t we driving it today?

safe_image.php

Cheers
Corey

•••
Received an offer of $500 (and then $550) on CBDForums/.com (not sure if it's from an NP member).

•••
•••
•••
Screenshot_2018-11-06_132107.jpg

The singular version is taken but a bit of NameBio-ing shows that the plural has sold more (and for more). Also Google Trends shows that the plural version is being searched more.

•••
Hemp
Currently legal to grow in 1 state; Kentucky. Drive around Ohio and watch the soybean crops come in at $7.30 a bushell ($9 is breakeven ) and %15 is sold the remain is going into storage awaiting Chinas response to the trade war.

https://fee.org/articles/seventeen-...g-federal-hemp-laws-and-markets-are-thriving/

Hemp will replace much of the corn, soybean and grain crops once the federal government either passes the farm bill or has separate legislation in the next few sessions. Hemp works in a soybean drill ( machines to put seeds in the ground ) and other implements. It's a easy flip to hemp for farmers; this is what drives domain sales.

What people don't get here is our domains; values ; ideas; market are directly affected by legislation. Not a resale market, some broker watching todays sales. One watches the legislation and state by state rollouts if not even county by county.

I do this for a living in my day job. Watching legislative results, listening in on Cannabis boards nationally, from Massachusetts to County by town where I can.

Domain people in this sector sell because of the legalization and spefic nature of the permitts issued; and the qualitative value of said permitts.

A couple of comments. Some states will ban multinationals. Many counties will. Thier will be craft provisions for the small guy (50 to 500 plants ) 250csf to 1200. These permitts will be unlimited in many cases. There hasn't been a Single craft permit yet issued nationwide.

As prices crash sub $1000 a lb. Growers and retailers alike will adapt marketing and branding strategies to position their products, if it's a Baker, craft fizzy drink guy; local farmer and lastly retailer. One will see a plethora of localized brands ( its permitted this way ) and countless other products and services.

Commodity based grows ( multinationals) will struggle to grow and manage creative new strains and quality in top tier cannabis.
In the flower business that my education and career is based this is especially true. Quality and the systems to create said product will define ones brand. Commodity based weed will become generic and end up sub $1000 a lb, very quickly. One can see the stretch these multi nationals are attempting to brand. The beer business learned this very hard lesson as craft brewers out smarted them.

The shift from commodity based cannabis products to branded products is at its infancy. Fyi Relieve in Florida has 1 ONE CBD product on the shelf. They have the entire Miami county. * 1 of 13 permitts, one scrappy plant Charlotte Web. It's like having one option in a drugstore.

The big question is will franchises find thier way to the street with localized ownership ( think McDonald's) . They will need to streamline products and such. Some state banned this its called white washing or somthing like this.

For those with domains catered twords commodity based cbd; and or multinationals, these minor (in numbers) players are getting organized; primarily off the Canadian side of momentum, yes that's a today sale.

Had inquires on Cbd agri ( have a bunch in this sector ) makes sense, and leafb2b( have 2c etc ) and leaf job That's the now market. Leafblooms and Weedaisys are for a retail, even throw leafarmacy and leafdrugstore in a 2019/2020 category.

For Tomorrows sales( and not to brokers) it's a hold.

Things are so tmorrow that todays election results in a few more states won't parlay out until 2021 using the reference of 2016 ballot results still at %7 saturation on new startups in 2018
https://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-legalization-2018-midterms-weed-legal-1201504

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
https://www.leafly.com/news/industry/craft-cannabis-future-canada?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cannabis in Canada Newsletter 2018-11-06

Fresh off the press. 2100 csf grows. How many of these startups? Best guess alot.

Translate the above to many states too the south. Like who doesn't want in? Farmers have been struggling for years. You think their going to stand aside and watch some multi national Canadian grower move in town!! Think again
Yes local businesses rather than international...

Cannabis infused yougurt

•••
As of this posting
CBDArchive.com
ClassifiedCBD.com
CBDFundamentals.com
are available to register..

•••
I’m shocked at the email I just got from GoDaddy -

We registered the domain you wanted.
Congratulations. You're now the proud owner of the following domain(s):

CANNABUD.COM

Our Backorder system applied the default terms to the registration. This is a great time to review or make changes to the contact information, registration length, name server settings and more...

•••

CANNABUD.COM

Our Backorder system applied the default terms to the registration. This is a great time to review or make changes to the contact information, registration length, name server settings and more...

haha well done ! I've only ever once caught a name using GoDaddy backorder as well! It's always a shocker if and when it works ..and that name...how the heck lol!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
For those that think outside the box As of this posting
CBD.equipment
cbd.lawyer
are available to register

•••
also available - cryptocannacbdlamboleaf420cryptoweed.org

•••
•••
Thanks @Leafurl for the detailed info!

For the heck of it I checked to see if any regged Craft and Permit related names were available.

Just regged: CraftPermit dot (com) & CraftBrewCanna dot (com)

I'll put them away for awhile and keep an eye for great updates and market changes.

Thanks,
Brian

•••
•••
HUH, TopTierCanna (in Com) is/was available as well.

Maybe I'm completely off on my cannabis name values - but this name seems to be on the "upper ok" (yeah made up word/s haha) side of brandable canna names.

•••
sales lander for GrowerSeries.com

growerseries_com.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••

CANNABUD.COM

Congrats on that great backorder! According to NameBio the plural sold back in June for much more than backorder pricing. Amazed that this one got all the way to being dropped...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hemp and Cbd Domains just went up.
Good domains in this space, demand and prices are driven by public policy.

Mitch M ; goal of finishing the farm bill by years end. Hemp bill is in there; sponsored by Mitch.

The soybean situation in the midwest is a disaster. Farmers need a solution for spring planting. Hemp?

Last edited:
•••
Jeff Sessions got the boot, so maybe the next person isn't so backwards on the issue.

Other news:

Pot proponents claim victory, set sights on national legalization
"We are going for the jugular on this issue," says Drug Policy Alliance's national affairs chief.

"Michigan's initiative will tax and regulate sales of marijuana for those 21 and older. Missouri will allow medical use for doctor-approved patients who have certain conditions."

"According to the Drug Policy Alliance, Michigan represents the tenth recreational marijuana state. "Missouri also became the 32nd state to approve medical marijuana," according to a DPA statement."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tory-set-sights-national-legalization-n933206

--------------------
Voters Relax Marijuana Laws In 3 More States: Michigan, Utah, Missouri
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/07/6651...g-their-marijuana-laws-michigan-utah-missouri

Just catching up, briguy posted about it last night.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back