IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just was trying to figure out how to price my domains for a "sweet spot" and was doing some " Main" keyword research..anyway according to Godaddy..

cbd.com Estimated Value: more than $25,000
cbd.buzz Sold for $110
cbd.ch Sold for $1,118
cbd.co more than $25,000 (namebio = 50,000 USD)
cbd.co.uk Sold for $1,136
cbd.eu Sold for $1,050
cbd.info Sold for $2,002
cbd.io Sold for $5,000
cbd.mx Sold for $2,400
cbd.us Sold for $195
cbd.ca Estimated Value: $5,532
cbd.de Estimated Value: $6,417

Namebio basically same info https://namebio.com/?s==kzM2MDOwkTM

•••
I guess we've run out of decent unregged cannabis related domains. Domainers are going for 3-worders now, not that I'm gonna ride that wave.

It is holding time for me now as more states/countries are planning to legalize. Of course, I would still sell if I "have an offer that I can't refuse". Would I be able to hold for a couple of years though? All depends on how you guys are going to price your domains. I wish we can all agree to stick with VERY HIGH prices so that we can establish a solid base.

Only managed to secure 6 domains in this niche considering the minimal budget that I started with. 4 two-worders and 2 made-ups. 5 of them are handregs and 1 from closeouts. All in .COM. Would be interesting to know your cannabis domains count.

1665 in total
95% in two word 100% in .com
0 Brandables, or almost any
800 +/- have appraised values on GD $1200 to $3000 whatever that means.
100% hand regs

SEO first
Canna. 250
Cbd. 120
Hemp 45
Leaf. 600
420. 250
Weed. 40
Pot. 25
Mmj. 100
Mj. 40
Mary Jane. 10
Regionals. 100 * only in legal states

Heavy too:
Agri, Coffee, business, and retail stores and delivery. Minors in food services and edibles.

The remainder in reverse and double ups on letters.

I'm a hold on almost everything, pending organization and permits opening up. I regularly turn down most offers.I believe this is a 2019 play ( a year delayed with the painstakingly slow rollout of 2016 ballot measures). My inventory is more non multinational commodity short of the agri ones.

Passion in the industry yes, and I'm well invested in domains and my day job in environmental controls in CEA, launching in the Spring globally with a trademarked Leaf Brand.

Looks like things may work out. 3 years of daily buying of domains. Some as old as 5 years. I as mentioned here passed on Canna and focused on Leaf.

I studied Rick Schwartz. I see this going like sex domains. People love sex, drugs and rock and roll. Plus the medical side and pet care. Canna will permeate most sectors in all aspects of the market and compete directly with alcohol, beer and wine industry. Pain Care, as well any tons of uses medically.

I only do cannabis domains with a few in leafy greens and agri robots.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I still like my domain Baccy.Shop

•••
cr=w:800,h:500,a:cc
Budtainer /com

•••
C3F048E4-245F-496A-9375-E112F93550F2.jpeg
It’s a very touchy subject for many. This plant will cure. Just reading it gets me emotional. Science and Nature. CBD , more perticually CBD dirived from Cannabis will drastically change modern medicine. All IMO. I own CBD Can Cure Cancer as well. Time will tell. I see many End users for both Informational EMD .coms

Last edited:
•••
HerbsHQ dotcom (Headquarters) & HQHerb.com (High Quality)
Thoughts please?

Last edited:
•••
•••

A few things to point out; this CEOs dislike of the " fragmented " United States rollout of Cannabis. Of course, he thinks Canopy growth ( and multinational plays on domains ) should be the standard. Well good news here it's going State by State if not county by county and town. In the USA Lots of new startups and not ONE, or in Canada looks like 5 or so, Cronos included major major players.

The other very important thing to mention is his " dislike " of not using intellectual property rights. This is trademarks and genetic coding on plants. Of course because he will possibly own say a large swath of our domains then. And try to fight them, you loose.

We are beyond lucky that people can't trademark as a rule. Yes their are go around but one cant walk into federal trademark court and get a weed trademark. Please don't berate me for the above. It's my personal call.

We sell more domains. Its somthing you as a small business owner can own. And even when the courts years down the road start accepting federal trademarks after Trump is gone the " common use " clause will be used on brands well established.

And a about the only silver lining I see with Trump ( for now ) is his hands off federally on Cannabis and the little Possum Sessions who for now is still there. They seem too have their hands full. Pisssing off 67% of the electorate on recreational and 84% on Medical would be stupid. And Mitch McConnell who loves Hemp.

If the Democrats take the house, good chance. Immediately this Spring we will see legislation that protects states rights at a minimum in this fragile federal formula involving Marijuana.

Happy Friday : this entire market is evolving perfectly for those holding domains in this space.

Danny

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

A few things to point out; this CEOs dislike of the " fragmented " United States rollout of Cannabis. Of course, he thinks Canopy growth ( and multinational plays on domains ) should be the standard. Well good news here it's going State by State if not county by county and town. In the USA Lots of new startups and not ONE, or in Canada looks like 5 or so, Cronos included major major players.

The other very important thing to mention is his " dislike " of not using intellectual property rights. This is trademarks and genetic coding on plants. Of course because he will possibly own say a large swath of our domains then. And try to fight them, you loose.

We are beyond lucky that people can't trademark as a rule. Yes their are go around but one cant walk into federal trademark court and get a weed trademark. Please don't berate me for the above. It's my personal call.

We sell more domains. Its somthing you as a small business owner can own. And even when the courts years down the road start accepting federal trademarks after Trump is gone the " common use " clause will be used on brands well established.

And a about the only silver lining I see with Trump ( for now ) is his hands off federally on Cannabis and the little Possum Sessions who for now is still there. They seem too have their hands full. Pisssing off 67% of the electorate on recreational and 84% on Medical would be stupid. And Mitch McConnell who loves Hemp.

If the Democrats take the house, good chance. Immediately this Spring we will see legislation that protects states rights at a minimum in this fragile federal formula involving Marijuana.

Happy Friday : this entire market is evolving perfectly for those holding domains in this space.

Danny

For those holding usable , sellable , workable domains. It should work. ? . Key being "should"
You must understand relevancy and basically kind of common sense. This is what I feel most people lack in terms of understanding when it comes to , specifically Cannabis related .coms. People are kind of getting out of control with uses. Its scary what some people deem as a "Usable" Business Name or a useable Site to direct traffic. Hey , its your money to do as you will. Not many $10 investments these days , especially for people who are not Invested in the Market to begin with.

Just be careful with assumptions and posts , like chasing penny stocks in a chat forum , you could possibly add to the over excitement about owning a .com or what ever extension it is that people are buying.
Just throwing darts at a pile of crap and hope one sticks , not really sure if thats going to work here ? Speculation has gone Extreme !!!!!
Personally I avoid "Hyping" Internet articles on Forums. Its all there for people to Read and EDUCATE them selves with. I stopped 15yrs ago trying to hype people on Investments. I say hey , this is what Im doing and this is why. I avoid hype and the crowd hype. Any way. Pretty sure they are going to delete this. I LOVE Cannabis.

ALOHA . FRIDAY ..... :cigar::cigar:

•••
•••
Has anyone noticed the disappearance of theHemp from godaddy auction?

•••
The Republic of Vanuatu legalises medical cannabis.

Interesting article -
Australia's Neighboring Country Just Legalized Medical Marijuana

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
•••
^ umm researching now :)

Cheers
Corey

•••
"The cannabis industry in Oceania is in an exciting phase of development. Medical cannabis is legalised in one of the region’s powerhouses (Australia) and is set to become legal in New Zealand by 2020. There are signs of progress across the region’s smaller island nations too with the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands recently moving from total prohibition to total legalisation for both medical and recreational use."

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
Thanks..I posted about the "Commonwealth" awhile ago on this thread..so looked familiar but not a expert on your neck of the woods.

•••
Picked up a new one -

CannaBuzz com

•••
•••
Curious..was it a regged or negotiations?
This was owned by Jon Schultz who sold Ebola.com for 6 figures. I actually bought another domain from him earlier this week too. Great guy and very knowledgeable!

•••
This was owned by Jon Schultz who sold Ebola.com for 6 figures. I actually bought another domain from him earlier this week too. Great guy and very knowledgeable!
Great name (infused beverage?)..kinda figured it wasn't a reg but wasn't 100%

Big advantage to having a network and or connections!

~~~~
On another note.seems CBD is th3 newest "viagar a" every body's aunt and grandma seems to be promoting it on FB using their affiliate URL..up hill challenge for explaiing about redirecting a domain to a affiliate link..
I been doing that for years..a affiliate site goes under or not making me money..I just change the redirect to a program..backlinks and all are not lost..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back