Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So. I feel, if your over the "hill" and not involved in the Cannabis / Canna / Flower / Marijuana Industry or even smoke weed. Id say save your search engine strength for another Industry. It takes Millions of dollars to adequately entire the field , let alone play successfully in it. The amount of crud floating around name wise is amazing. Corps are entering and disappearing in the blink of an eye. Playing the "Cannabis Name Game" Well its complete speculation.
I'm sorry. I've been heavily invested in Canna industry for the past 10 years. By no means do I claim to be the Wizard of The Cannabis Industry. But ive done ok with my predictions in the past.
Corps that invest in this sector Do NOT Need the word Cannabis / Canna / Marijuana / etc ... to be in their name. Tens of millions of dollars to just TRY to succeed. Its bonkers. But its true.
Id say this is just like a Penny Stock shoot out. People are buying and flipping. Why would a Million Dollar Start up company use the word "Blunt" or "Reefer" It just doesn't happen. Its big big bucks to play with the big boys. Even then, the guessing game continues.
Just the way I see it as all of you who are experienced in the "Domain World" critique peoples names on here.
As in terms with "back history searches" Why would again , a Million dollar investment company go off Old history ? This is just the begging as all of us well know. Speculation. Is it possible. Yes. Most likely the team that builds the house uses in house.
1994 called and they want all their crappy , dated , names back people.

AloHa

I guess that most of us here, when regging/buying a name, think of who might eant to buy the name. Most of us are also very real and realistic, targetting resellers, online marketplaces, vendors, etc. Multi million dollar companies are out of the picture. You're right and we can all agree, this type of companies can name themselves by their owner's surname and they'd still have their share of the market.

•••
So. I feel, if your over the "hill" and not involved in the Cannabis / Canna / Flower / Marijuana Industry or even smoke weed. Id say save your search engine strength for another Industry. It takes Millions of dollars to adequately entire the field , let alone play successfully in it. The amount of crud floating around name wise is amazing. Corps are entering and disappearing in the blink of an eye. Playing the "Cannabis Name Game" Well its complete speculation.
I'm sorry. I've been heavily invested in Canna industry for the past 10 years. By no means do I claim to be the Wizard of The Cannabis Industry. But ive done ok with my predictions in the past.
Corps that invest in this sector Do NOT Need the word Cannabis / Canna / Marijuana / etc ... to be in their name. Tens of millions of dollars to just TRY to succeed. Its bonkers. But its true.
Id say this is just like a Penny Stock shoot out. People are buying and flipping. Why would a Million Dollar Start up company use the word "Blunt" or "Reefer" It just doesn't happen. Its big big bucks to play with the big boys. Even then, the guessing game continues.
Just the way I see it as all of you who are experienced in the "Domain World" critique peoples names on here.
As in terms with "back history searches" Why would again , a Million dollar investment company go off Old history ? This is just the begging as all of us well know. Speculation. Is it possible. Yes. Most likely the team that builds the house uses in house.

AloHa
I recently sold a ‘canna’ domain to a company that raised north of $10 million in funding. They operate a successful vape co and are branching out.

The good domains in this space will only become more valuable. That said, to think a new registration at this stage will be worth a ton of money down the road is silly. Of course you can register anything and build something, but I’m talking about straight up resale value for raw domains.

•••
as all of you who are experienced in the "Domain World" critique peoples names on here.

AloHa
Yeah thousands upon thousands people everyday buy lottery tickets hoping the the million dollar payout!

As for a domains history..I keep it simple.. due diligence

There probably a million dollar investment company that doesn't do it research, probably a former billion dollar investment company..

•••
To the guys who own potdomains would you consider allowing some graphics on your site to showcase for a fee? I think the site is awesome for listing domain names related to cannabis etc, but would be interested in adding graphics to go with some of the domains that are listed. For example LeafXR
leafXR.PNG

•••
I recently sold a ‘canna’ domain to a company that raised north of $10 million in funding. They operate a successful vape co and are branching out.

The good domains in this space will only become more valuable. That said, to think a new registration at this stage will be worth a ton of money down the road is silly. Of course you can register anything and build something, but I’m talking about straight up resale value for raw domains.

Nice! A vape company eh?
I own Vape420.ca.... Do you think they might be interested?

•••
Nice! A vape company eh?
I own Vape420.ca.... Do you think they might be interested?
No clue. They used a broker so they knew what they wanted imo.

I don’t think endusers are buying domains just to have them. They are savvy and spend when needed in order to advance their brand.

•••

What domain and what did you get for it ?

•••
I see a lot of conflation of hemp with implied references that match recreational use of THC products. That is a huge mistake IMO.

•••
I see a lot of conflation of hemp with implied references that match recreational use of THC products. That is a huge mistake IMO.
Yes 110% Correct SuperDude ,,, epic name btw.
Hemp is entirely a different sector and of no relevance to the Cannabis Industry when your speaking consumables.
So much so there are companies by the boat load mis informing the general public on "CBD" related products. It's kind of sad. CBD from solely based HEMP does not have the same important qualities CBD extracted from CANNABIS.
But if your hand writing or even buying up old garbage throw aways, well. You late to the party and deserve to loose that $ in imo.

•••
Tmorrow agri webinar on iselect subject is Hemp. You have to sign up so if your interested do it today. It's free, but one needs to register. There weekly on Thursdays at 4pm est, 3pm cmt. Normally they discuss agri robots or some new larve too feed animals. Hemp as a food and protein.
Suppose a agri domain in hemp has crossover to this thread.
Tmorrow looks relevant to anyone interested in Hemp.

I personally understand row cropping and outdoor cultivation and glasshouse in cut flowers. As well as Cea and Cannabis indoors. Hemp is a complete unknown, to me. Too understand the end users I feel would be beneficial for some here, including myself.

https://www.iselectfund.com/agtech/webinars/

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Tmorrow agri webinar on iselect subject is Hemp. You have to sign up so if your interested do it today. It's free, but one needs to register. There weekly on Thursdays at 4pm est, 3pm cmt. Normally they discuss agri robots or some new larve too feed animals.
Tmorrow looks relevant to anyone interested in Hemp.

I personally understand row cropping and outdoor cultivation and glasshouse in cut flowers. As well as Cea and Cannabis indoors. Hemp is a complete unknown, to me. Too understand the end users I feel would be beneficial for some here, including myself.

Last edited:
•••
Then I question?

Kieth are hemp domains being sold to agri farmers?

If Hemp domains are selling, to whom? And for what end user?

Didn't Kentucky pass a hemp policy? Some Mitch McConnell thing. And read about Indiana approving it also this legislature session.

I have Hempagri, and Hempagriculture

Last edited:
•••
Then I question?

If Hemp domains are selling, to whom? And for what end user?

Its the Flip game. If they are selling. Its a hold and sell / buy and sell to the xxxxxxxxxnumbers of noobs who think its another to the moon concept thats never been thought of before. imo

•••
Then I question?

You have hempagriculture in what extension? The .com is in my account...

These are being sold to big companies and some go to investors who have plans or think they have a plan.

•••
HempAgricultural.com ( al ) I stand corrected. You have the good one.

And Hempagri.com I'd think is a good one though. That I have
Just double checked

Thanks
Danny

•••
Cannahub $22k

Hey @Keith congrats on the sale.

Funny as I was just looking through your PotDomians portfolio Last nigh and this Morning , I saw that one and said "Damn , that's a good one, wish I had it"....and yet here it is the one sale you just mentioned lol. Nice job

question though..I noticed this name as well as CBD (io) is still listed on you PD folio ......?Which you reported sales of both..the IO was a while ago. Does it take awhile for the transaction to fully complete and payments made , before you remove them from your PD listings ? Just simply wondering as I notice they were both still listed yet sold...just wonder how that works out. Great job like always and thanks!

•••
•••
Hey @Keith congrats on the sale.

Funny as I was just looking through your PotDomians portfolio Last nigh and this Morning , I saw that one and said "Damn , that's a good one, wish I had it"....and yet here it is the one sale you just mentioned lol. Nice job

question though..I noticed this name as well as CBD (io) is still listed on you PD folio ......?Which you reported sales of both..the IO was a while ago. Does it take awhile for the transaction to fully complete and payments made , before you remove them from your PD listings ? Just simply wondering as I notice they were both still listed yet sold...just wonder how that works out. Great job like always and thanks!
I just haven’t deleted the listings at potdomains but they are sold. I have several others listed there that are also sold. Let’s call it being lazy lol.

•••
I just haven’t deleted the listings at potdomains but they are sold. I have several others listed there that are also sold. Let’s call it being lazy lol.

I honestly kinda figured it was something like that lol. Any idea How to get and old listing by a previous owner unlisted so I can list on my account? (I now own herbbal KING / and it's still listed on PD by previous owner)

•••
so the majority of your related sales , were they threw potdomainsDOTCOm ?

•••
so the majority of your related sales , were they threw potdomainsDOTCOm ?
Just deleted 10 domains that have been sold. Need to add several acquisitions to the list as well.

Some were via potdomains and some were direct negotiation.

•••
registered
  • Vaporiser.app
Cheers
Corey

•••
So last night I'm in my local VA state run ABC store picking up a bottle of 12 year Balvenie for a friend, and what should I discover, a Vodka and Rum by Dr. Stoner:xf.confused:. After doing a little digging I learn that Dr. Stoner is distributed by a local distillery, Chesapeake Bay Distillery. I've picked up a couple of pretty cool "Stoner" domains as a result, and one actually led me to register MxCanna(.)com. When I was searching for another two letter designation like Mr Dr and Rx I learned about Mx https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mx_(title). This definition led me to hand register; CannabisRx.uk and HxCannabis(.)com where Hx stands for "History" like in the history of Cannabis. I may be "over the hill" at 70 years old young, but as an elderstoner domainer,
I'm still in the game:xf.grin: Cheers!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back