Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It was the domain name for their business - advertisers, forum etc oh + email contact!

lots of time & energy to replace a domain name throughout the industry

Cheers
Corey
The domain for their business is 420magazine.com. 420times.com forwards there and I’ll assume the420times also forwarded there...

•••
atm nothing forwards anywhere! they no longer own or control the domain

9 years of publishing a domain name that is now parked!

Cheers
Corey

•••
atm nothing forwards anywhere! they no longer own or control the domain

9 years of publishing a domain name that is now parked!

Cheers

Corey
420times redirects to their main site. They dropped another, longer domain that was a redirect. Not much news there. The big news is that someone flushed $10,500 down the drain!

•••
a facebook search of 420times =

The 420 Times
22K like this · Magazine
6+ Matching Posts
Stop the Ban on Medical Marijuana :: www.the420times.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
I’m sure they’ll be fine. They dropped the “the” which isn’t a bad thing. Was it worth them renewing for $8? Of course. But it’s not their main web address so they’ll move on.
You kidding??

Whoever let this domain drop should be fired right away. And if that was the owner, he is the most SEO ignorant businessman of the century...

30ETHNR.png

And more:
Bk31H7d.png

I would easily sell this domain for a couple grands to any of my SEO clients. Well not for 10K, that should be some serious niche end user, probably a competitor. It's a steal for them.

What a shame...

Last edited:
•••
You kidding??

Whoever let this domain drop should be fired right away. And if that was the owner, he is the most SEO ignorant businessman of the century...

30ETHNR.png

And more:
Bk31H7d.png

I would easily sell this domain for a couple grands to any of my SEO clients. Well not for 10K, that should be some serious niche end user, probably a competitor. It's a steal for them.

What a shame...
How many domains does it take to run a single business, when they all point to the same place?

Again, someone just spent $10k on a domain that starts with “the” and they have no chance of getting the better, shorter version. What a waste!

•••
How many domains does it take to run a single business, when they all point to the same place?

Again, someone just spent $10k on a domain that starts with “the” and they have no chance of getting the better, shorter version. What a waste!
Ever heard about backlinks? Backlink laundering? Have an idea how such backlink profile could cost, should one try acquiring them from scratch? Certainly not.

I admire your success and experience of domainer, but SEO lives by different rules and values.

•••
Ever heard about backlinks? Backlink laundering? Have an idea how such backlink profile could cost, should one try acquiring them from scratch? Certainly not.

I admire your success and experience of domainer, but SEO lives by different rules and values.
You’re selling humanity short, as if we somehow won’t be able to find 420magazine.com now. People are much smarter and aren’t going to rely on a backlink to find what they want.

Can anyone tell me how the buyer who just spent $10,500 will get their money back? That’s the story here...

•••

Can anyone tell me how the buyer who just spent $10,500 will get their money back? That’s the story here...
Okay, how can anyone explain to you how they get their money back when you automatically dismiss back links...developed site, parked page, affiliate offers etc

Update..even PotDomains need back links to appear in searchs
https://www.google.ca/search?q=link:potdomain.com&rlz=1C1KMZB_enCA780CA780&oq=link:potdomain.com&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.9337j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C.......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.r-fJ_oJDUtk

Now there two more backlinks...lol

Last edited:
•••
Okay, how can anyone explain to you how they get their money back when you automatically dismiss back links...developed site, parked page, affiliate offers etc

Update..even PotDomains need back links to appear in searchs
https://www.google.ca/search?q=link:potdomain.com&rlz=1C1KMZB_enCA780CA780&oq=link:potdomain.com&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.9337j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C.......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.r-fJ_oJDUtk

Now there two more backlinks...lol
The buyer of The 420 Times dot com needs content which they don’t have. I’m shocked that you folks think links are required for someone to reach the destination they desire.

The buyer of this domain, I’ll absolutely guarantee just lost $10,000.

•••
This is like if google owned thegoogle.com and let it expire. So what! They can get it back via udrp if the want. It’s unique and something you can’t just buy and squat on. The buyer here made a huge mistake.

•••
I’m shocked that you folks think links are required for someone to reach the destination they desire.
No...maybe your misunderstanding the value a back links..

"
Backlinks are especially valuable for SEO because they represent a "vote of confidence" from one site to another.

In essence, backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that others vouch for your content. If many sites link to the same webpage or website, search engines can infer that content is worth linking to, and therefore also worth surfacing on a SERP. So, earning these backlinks can have a positive effect on a site's ranking position or search visibility.
"

https://moz.com/learn/seo/backlinks

If Moz didn't have a high account of "google trust" (back links and other factors) I would have never found that link on page one for "what are Backlinks"

Last edited:
•••
No...maybe your misunderstanding the value a back links..

"
Backlinks are especially valuable for SEO because they represent a "vote of confidence" from one site to another.

In essence, backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that others vouch for your content. If many sites link to the same webpage or website, search engines can infer that content is worth linking to, and therefore also worth surfacing on a SERP. So, earning these backlinks can have a positive effect on a site's ranking position or search visibility.
"

https://moz.com/learn/seo/backlinks

If Moz didn't have a high account of "google trust" (back links and other factors) I would have never found that link on page one for "what are Backlinks"
The value is people finding your website..the end.

•••
How do they find your site then....?
Social media is a possible answer but page one for a keyword(s) in Google is where the real long term traffic is..

Last edited:
•••
If people find your website via search that is because Google thinks it is worth finding and they decide that on the basis of backlinks. A lot of high quality backlinks has a lot of value.

There is some debate about whether backlinks retain their link juice value if a domain drops - it may be better to get the domain before it drops if you want it for the backlinks it has.

•••
How do they find your site then....?
Social media is a possible answer but page one for a keyword(s) in Google is where the real long term traffic is..
420magazine.com is the 5th link on the first page of google when searching 420times. They’ll be fine. They have thousands of social media followers and can change their domain contact at the flip of a hat.

•••
•••
Obvious mistake for letting it drop.

The much bigger mistake is from the buyer. Huge waste of $10,000.

End of story.

•••
That was a Godaddy auction. How many bidders?

To get to 10k took at least two people willing to pay 10k, not just one person. Was one the original owner perhaps?
I believe original owners can still renew during the auction process.

•••
Obvious mistake for letting it drop.

The much bigger mistake is by the buyer for wasting $10,000.

End of story.
Bingo!

•••
420magazine.com is the 5th link on the first page of google when searching 420times. They’ll be fine. They have thousands of social media followers and can change their domain contact at the flip of a hat.
Yes... they have do great S.E.R.P. today!
But how did they get such good ranking...the site when newly registered, didn't suddenly appear on Google page one!
They (their webmasters/site owners) had to do some SEO/SEM etc to get good page ranking!

Maybe I am trying to understand why someone would buy a "XX,XXX" domain (any niche) without researching it!

Maybe that $10,000 was chump change to them...who knows, I sure dont!

•••
Maybe I am trying to understand why someone would buy a "XX,XXX" domain (any niche) without researching it!

Maybe that $10,000 was chump change to them...who knows, I sure dont!
Maybe a billionaire bought it but wasted money is wasted money.

•••
wasted money is wasted money.
No arguments here...
Which might explain way so many domainers (like me) who are on a budget..prefer to take a chance on new regs than ultra premium XX,XXX domains!

I believe original owners can still renew during the auction process.
Thinking with all this publicity that this auction got, (if possible to renew) , would do that!

Heck, if the original owner is cash strapped and can't afford renewal fee, I give him/her the money in exchange for a back link (<couldn't resist) or even a banner spot!....that not wasting my money!

•••
Registered Canna.nz

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back