Dynadot

discuss Shout Out To NamePros and all who sail in here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Let us raise a toast to NamePros and all its contributors. There is a lot of snobbery in domaining, mainly seasoned domainers who look down at NamePros and its diverse collection of members; newbies, some old hands, some here just for the banter but all backing their own investment strategy and willing to share and thereby open to being shot at by opposing views.

On Konstantinos blog OnlineDomain.com a post was written yesterday about a NamePros thread comparing the sale of shoes.com to shoes.xyz. A commentator snoopy said NamePros was full of idiots talking 75% nonsense. What an arrogant self-indulgent comment. A copy of his comments and my replies are here:-
upload_2017-4-11_1-23-43.png

I tell you why NamePros is so important for this industry. Scam artist can't hide, they often operate behind the so-called friendships they have within the blogging community - time again its NamePros that shines a light on what's happening and ultimately forces the bloggers to report it once they can no longer stay silent.

When questions of the success of nGTLDs were being asked, it was first highlighted here on name pros whilst all the blogs were silent because of the bonanza of advertising dollars they were receiving from the new registries, it is only lately the blogs are also now questioning its sustainability and flaws.

So I raise a toast to my fellow contributors and NamePros and for all to acknowledge its important place in the domaining industry, for free speech and free thinking.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Snoopy (@snoop) can be opinionated jerk but he and Matt gave very good advice, whether you liked it or not. Domain State didn't fail, it was sold... then failed.

•••
Bumping a 7 months...that sounds like a great idea, especially with this thread :D
Negative people will always be unhappy and see the empty half of the glass.

•••
Halloa.

Oops, I meant, Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back