Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

discuss Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
5,263
I have the opportunity to buy 200 double repeating premium LLL.in at $90 a piece and I passed on it due to my uncertainty. Turns out that was a big mistake.

What was your most recent shoulda, woulda, coulda moment?
 
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
Well, I just remember something else I should have pulled the trigger on.

I was offered a 3L.com CHIP for 10.5k early last year.

:(
 
3
•••
Reality is merely a construct of perception.

So in that sense, I emphasize with you. However, I think it's important to note that there are many injustices in this world and if losing a domain contest is the worst you've experienced this year, you should count yourself as blessed. Regardless of the severity of your experience, I can understand feeling slighted or turned off by the industry. However, we are humans and as such we are survivors. Rather than be pushed away by your perceived experience, use it as motivation. Overcome. Overachieve. And most importantly, never quit.

I shoulda worded some things differently here. I'm sure if I meet people in person, I would have a different opinion.

Not getting as far as I would like in a contest is certainly not the worst injustice I've experienced. Perhaps NPs is not the outlet for sharing stories about how prejudice people can be Shane. Most people don't actually want to hear about it. People will even deny it.

It doesn't have to do just with this industry. That should be clear.
 
0
•••
Just sold a domain via negotiation for $2k thinking I got a great deal only to find out I sold to a million dollar financial company. Knowing that, I definetly left money on the table. Should have done more research, which is hard when they refuse to give any details.
 
2
•••
I shoulda, woulda, and coulda kept my lll.com i had back in 05 but instead I sold it for 600$.
 
1
•••
Probably my biggest regrets have to do with counter offers that apparently make the potential buyer who had a made a slightly low but decent offer walk away and disappear. "Should have accepted" and all that stuff.

Well, that's the game I guess.

Yep, had the same problem. Sometimes it is just better to take the money whilst they are interested. Some times counter offers work, but in most cases you need to hit them there and then as most sales are done on impulse.

Give the seller time and then the idea cools and the deal doesn't go through.

Had three of those this year already :(
 
1
•••
0
•••
I let handful of NNN.xyz names expire - one having double 8 - in June 15. Great job me :guilty:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I had Auction.tv in my cart a long long time ago with a price tag of only $200. I had to wait until the following day to use my cousins credit card.

When I logged back on, the domain was listed at $50,000. I'm not sure what happened with the domain since then.

I wish I would have had my own card back then. I also remember my roommate buying Apple shares for $13 back then, before they went up and split like 10 times.
 
1
•••
Probably my biggest regrets have to do with counter offers that apparently make the potential buyer who had a made a slightly low but decent offer walk away and disappear. "Should have accepted" and all that stuff.

Yes, that is the worst!!

What to do???

Makes you wish you had a crystal ball.

Should I take the offer or wait?

This is the curse of the domainer.
 
0
•••
1
•••
I didn't buy lll.cc (chip) at $80 (those were not so popular at that time) and when I decided to buy that, seller removed it from marketplace :(
 
0
•••
I had left Hosting.email & US.guru many days in my cart :-/
 
0
•••
0
•••
Not buying CVCV.coms when I first started :xf.laugh::(
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I regret not taking up this business in the late 20th century ....
 
0
•••
Not buying way more LLL.com when I first started.
 
1
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back