IT.COM

.biz Should I reg this expiring .biz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

skyraider

Browsing the InterwebnetVIP Member
Impact
Hey,

I have the opportunity to reg a 5-letter .biz. It's an English verb. Overture is only 971. Should I reg it?

There's also a 4-letter English word that's available. Should I reg that?

Also, there's 9-character English noun .biz with an Overture of 4014. Is it worth it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Woah, meant to post this in Domain Name Discussion. I guess this forum works, as they ARE expiring domains :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those are not enough info to decide by, sky. I know lots of 4-/5-letter english words I wouldn't reg in .biz.

Thread moved to Domain Discussions.

•••
armstrong said:
Those are not enough info to decide by, sky. I know lots of 4-/5-letter english words I wouldn't reg in .biz.

Thread moved to Domain Discussions.

What factors are most important in deciding whether to reg these? Overture? Number of Google results?

•••
What are your intentions? If for development, then go for brandability. If for resale, then try for high Overture.

•••
Is the word related to the .biz ext., like is it a product or service word that makes sense or just a plan old dictionary word, also is it regged in all other ext. .org .info .us etc...?

•••
What factors are most important in deciding whether to reg these? Overture? Number of Google results?
Unless the name has particularly high keyword value and is generating high traffic, (which is not the case w/ 971/mo, OV) or unless the name is specific to your business, I believe you need to approach this differently. First, you should come to a decision, and have a position on the .biz tld. Domainer opinions about the future and the potential of .biz, run about 50-50, pro and con. After establishing a position regarding .biz, than it will be easier for you to make decisions about names that may have some good attributes, but are less than stellar. :imho:

•••
If the domain could be used for business and it makes sense, it may be worth getting. However most products are nouns, not verbs. some services are verbs, but it is a service that someone would buy or look to the internet for?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back