NameSilo

question Should I invest in .NET domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mohammad

Established Member
Impact
Should I invest in .NET domains?

Johnny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Because it's all about .com in domaining business. If you really want to invest in .net you need to find strong single keyword. And that's not an easy task.

•••
Thanks @cloudguy.

I just found compound noun domain which has 7 characters. All usual extension of that name are taken except .net. I'm tempted to register the domain.

*confused*

•••
A lot of opportunities outside the dot com realm. But. If you're just starting out, it's probably a good thing to stick to .COM. Because there's a market even for mediocre/straight-out bad DOTCOMs but not for mediocre NOTCOMs.

•••
Because it's all about .com in domaining business. If you really want to invest in .net you need to find strong single keyword. And that's not an easy task.
I agree or you need to develop the domain and create value through revenue.

•••
I just found compound noun domain which has 7 characters. All usual extension of that name are taken except .net. I'm tempted to register the domain.
Unless it's a product or service, or keyword for burgeoning market, forget it. Regardless, it's a long shot.

•••
dotcom is currently cream of the crop, but if you think its a good domain that you can profit from one way or another, then go for it. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" as they say.

•••
I can't even sell .com to the .net and .org owners. I know one domain where all major extensions are taken and .net is available, and it's been available for more than a year now. On the other hand, one .net got registered and now is just empty site. If you have the money go ahead and register, give it a year and see what happens.

•••
Personally just like with my .org I would only invest in a .net if it was a sure slam generic. NO branable, half ass 2-3 word name only pure generics. Now this may not come up to often to afford but if you dig a little you may see some. Again only my 2 cents

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back