IT.COM

Share Your DN.com Experience.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

What has been you experience with DN.com escrow service?

How do they send money to seller and how does a buyer send them money?

I am a new user and would like to know what has been your experience generally.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haven't tried them personally, but I think they're pretty good/safe to deal with. I can't remember who owns it, but I think it's someone who is well known inside the industry.

•••
4.cn China's largest domain name trading platform website(DN.com).

•••
Hello,

What has been you experience with DN.com escrow service?

How do they send money to seller and how does a buyer send them money?

I am a new user and would like to know what has been your experience generally.

Thank you.

I had occasion to use them last week for a sale involving a Chinese buyer and my experience has thus far been mixed.

The good:

- They're relatively inexpensive. The options for my $2,500 deal were either a $50 fee for regular service, or $100 for premium service .

- They offer a premium service which includes taking putting the domain in escrow ( this is the option I chose since buyer was covering the escrow fee )

- They seem to know what they're doing with respect to transferring the domain. Despite the huge time difference which has their business hours during my night time, the transaction including securing buyer's payment, accepting my domain push, and then transferring the domain to the buyer took only 2 days total.

- They have a good, working interface which is easy to follow and keeps you up to date on the progress of the deal

- they seem to be honest, and they've responded in a timely manner to all my emails.

Small annoyances:

- they don't notify you about when the transaction has completed so you have to keep logging in to find that out.

- they don't automatically send you your money once the transaction has completed. You have to log into your account and request a withdrawal

- their emails are always anonymous so I can never tell if I'm speaking to the same person and whether they're up to speed on my situation.

Major issue:

- at this point, they don't seem to have their act together with respect to sending bank wires ( the only option available to me for collecting my money in the US). They have a set form for entering your banking information, which, as it turns out, is inadequate in the event that your bank uses an intermediary bank for international wires. If you have experience with international wires you might catch the problem, but as I don't, I was reliant on their expertise. The outcome is that there was a problem sending me the wire even though I filled out their form completely and accurately. This issue is turning out to be a big headache for me. My money is now in limbo somewhere and after waiting one week to receive my funds, I'm now being told that I will have to wait an additional 5 - 15 business days before things get straightened out and I get paid. At this time of year, with Christmas and New Years holidays, 15 business days could translate into another month so I'm not pleased.

•••
I haven't used them at all yet. I usually even with email sales go through bodis escrow service.

•••
Just wanted to follow up to say that I did finally get my bank wire so DN.com did ultimately manage to straighten things out.

•••
I just completed a second transaction with them and it completed alright but I'm finding them a bit frustrating to work with. They seem to need quite a bit of hand-holding and guidance which surprises me since I was under the impression that they've been around for a while.

I'm also not crazy about their payment policy. Even though they offer a premium service where they take possession of the domain, they still won't release payment until the customer acknowledges receipt of the domain. What's the benefit of paying extra to have the domain put in escrow, if I still have to rely on the buyer's acknowledgement for me to get paid? I asked them that question and was told that I'd get paid whether the buyer acknowledged getting the domain or not, the only difference being that if they didn't hear from the buyer I'd have to wait 7 days for the transaction to close. I don't get it. If they're going to pay me for sure regardless of what the buyer does, why don't they release funds as soon as they take possession of the domain? The process doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

•••
•••
As an update, it took less than 24 hours for their wire to get to my US bank . Also, they seem to have improved their notification system, because unlike with my previous transaction, I received an email alert notifying me that the transaction had completed. I should also add that they continue to be very responsive to support questions with responses typically coming in under 20 minutes.

•••
I haven't used them at all yet. I usually even with email sales go through bodis escrow service.
And how does bodis escrow works, also any advantage of using them?

•••
Completed 2 transactions with them. Cheap fee is the main reason to use DN.com now

•••
I fell in love in with their simple interface. I haven't used them as of yet but I am glad to read great reviews about them...

•••
How long does it take them to receive a wire transfer? Anyone sent them one?

•••
How long does it take them to receive a wire transfer? Anyone sent them one?

Depending on what time of day you request the withdrawal, the wire is sent either the same day or the next day. Once the wire has been sent it's taken less than 24 hours for me to receive it at a US bank for my last 2 transactions.

If you're in the US and your bank uses an intermediary bank for international wires, just make sure to write DN.com support and tell them your ABA routing number because there's no place to enter that info in their bank form, but you will not be able to get your wire without it.

•••
Thanks, but I'm talking about the opposite. I'm the buyer. So I sent the wire to them. How long does it take them to receive the wire I sent?

In the US, wires appear within an hour or two. But given that it's going into communist China and all of the restrictions there, so far it's taken a lot more time than a US bank to US bank wire.

China is about 14 hours ahead of my time zone in the US. The wire arrived there in the middle of the night China time. DN had all business day Friday to acknowledge the wire and did not. I've honestly never had a wire take so long--but I've also never wired to mainland China.

•••
I just sold a domain $737.5 but I can not withdraw money to my Paypal account. It keeps saying that "Please choose a Withdrawal Bank". But I have no way to edit bank info.

•••
I just sold a domain $737.5 but I can not withdraw money to my Paypal account. It keeps saying that "Please choose a Withdrawal Bank". But I have no way to edit bank info.

Click on "Withdrawal Account" in the menu on the left-hand column. From there you can add your bank account info.

•••
Thanks, but the only "Paypal account" tab available for editing.

•••
Thanks, but the only "Paypal account" tab available for editing.

Here's a screenshot of what I see in my account. Are you saying that yours is different?
withdrawal.png

•••
Thanks.
I found out that I have to delete "Paypal account" and start over then it lets me change "withdraw account"

•••
Anyone received payment outside US?

•••
•••
Any update to Positives or Negatives on dealing with DN.com escrow service?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back