Dynadot

Share A Promotional Video Of Your Current City or Home City

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

Being part of a global community here on NP which now boasts close to a million members, we often get to interact with people from places we know very little about. Most of the time all we know about a place is the B.S. that mass media has fed us. The sad part is that mass media tends to highlight the worst part of a particular country and they flood the media outlets with these negative images for their own agenda (more like the agenda of those controlling mass media). The agenda is generally motivated by money/greed/power and the same applies to wars being fought for whatever B.S reason they use as an excuse. Bottom line it's all about money/power that is the ONLY reason wars take place. War is BIG BUSINESS!! HUGE BUSINESS...

Anyway, I went off on a tangent there...lol, sorry..my bad. :xf.grin:

The idea of this thread is for us to share a promotional video or any video that shows some of the awesomeness in our home cities (or the city that you currently reside in). I have seen some nice promotional videos of Drone footage from many cities around the world and I they are great to showcase a city so if you have anything like that for your own city then those would be ideal.

The purpose of this is to:

1.) Educate ourselves on what some places really look like and not what we have been made to believe a place looks like.

2.) Find lots of interesting places that we would consider visiting that we would not have considered before.

3.) Remind ourselves to not take our beautiful cities for granted and to remember how awesome our hometowns actually are. Also just as an exercise to express gratitude for our present location.

I understand that some members might not be living in a safe city and might even be living in war-torn city, I guess this thread could also give you some inspiration as to what some of the possibilities are if you are somehow able to leave your city when circumstances allow.

So here goes my submission:

This is Durban, South Africa

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What you're saying is so true.. War is big business..

any way we'll try to find one from where I am...Thanks

•••
•••
@deez007

Durban looks beautiful...

Yeah dude, it's an awesome city. :)

There are so many beautiful cities in the world outside of the mainstream holiday destinations... hopefully, this thread will highlight lots of these "hidden gems"

•••
Come now people...where's them videos? :xf.frown:

•••
Ok just for u deez since u already picked a beautiful video (on chat)!!

Bangalore, India :)

On a side note, I totally believe that violence (especially war and terrorism) in all its forms including within our homes and institutes is the bane of human existence and happiness. Are we really happy ruining our world by silence and apathy on all of it? Chasing a predominantly materialistic dream rather than true contribution and growth to humanity is something we all should try to change.

"The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that of the good people." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Ok just for u deez since u already picked a beautiful video (on chat)!!

Bangalore, India :)

On a side note, I totally believe that violence (especially war and terrorism) in all its forms including within our homes and institutes is the bane of human existence and happiness. Are we really happy ruining our world by silence and apathy on all of it? Chasing a predominantly materialistic dream rather than true contribution and growth to humanity is something we all should try to change.

"The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that of the good people." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Regarding your side note:

I think you hit the nail on the head.... I believe though that more and more people are "waking up" and entrepreneurs are becoming social entrepreneurs, they are starting to look at how they can contribute to society as the primary priority and profit being secondary...instead of making profit their main priority..... so there is hope on the horizon... but we still a long way to go. The collective consciousness still vibrates on a frequency that is way lower than it should be.....the fact that we still have wars, pretty much proves that we have a long way to go.

Last edited:
•••
This is Durban, South Africa

Great promotional video. Pity it doesn't show the diversity of people or one of it's most emblematic symbols... the Durban Rickshaw.
rickshaw.jpg

I visited Durban once in the late sixties. Pity it was only for two days. Enjoyed the fantastic beaches, the inevitable Rickshaw ride and the great Indian food.

I did however visit Cape Town, South Africa on 3 occasions for much longer periods of time and that is truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Here is where I'm from, also regarded as one of the most beautiful islands in the world... MADEIRA.

•••
Great promotional video. Pity it doesn't show the diversity of people or one of it's most emblematic symbols... the Durban Rickshaw.
rickshaw.jpg

I visited Durban once in the late sixties. Pity it was only for two days. Enjoyed the fantastic beaches, the inevitable Rickshaw ride and the great Indian food.

I did however visit Cape Town, South Africa on 3 occasions for much longer periods of time and that is truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Here is where I'm from, also regarded as one of the most beautiful islands in the world... MADEIRA.

@GILSAN - Awesome stuff buddy!!! Great to hear you visited Durban... a lot has changed as can be expected.. the Rickshaw guys are still around, not on a large scale as they used to be but they still a good few of them around... the Indian food..ahh yeah still plenty of that available :)

Capetown is awesome as well.

Wooooah!! MADEIRA looks amazing ... REALLY beautiful place... I'm definitely adding this to my travel bucket list :)

Thanks for sharing !!

•••
Madiera Travel Checklist

Beautiful beaches + Beautiful landscape + Beautiful women = Hell yeah! Going on the list of places to visit

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back