Dynadot

advice Set prices, accepting offers, or collecting leads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
As someone who manages a portfolio of my own domain names, the majority of which I consider to be inventory I would like to move for reasonable retail prices, I have an internal debate about showing buy it now prices vs. accepting offers to generate leads. I am not sure if there is a right way or a wrong way to do things, so I thought I would share the internal debate I have when considering these two popular landing page and platform options and get some perspective from..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm new here and new to domain investing, but if you would like my two-cents, I use a BIN price with a Make Offer contact form next to it, on a landing page. My reasoning is that the BIN price lets them know what ballpark we're playing in. Most reasonable people understand that and if it fits their budget they may hit the button for fear of losing it. The Make Offer contact form let's serious buyers know that there is some wiggle room and an opportunity to negotiate. If they're truly interested I believe they'll make an offer taking the BIN price into consideration. To me the $1 - $500 offerors are just playing games, would they really want to build their business on a semi-worthless domain? What's worse is using the minimum offer feature, why would anyone offer more than that? When you try to negotiate after that offer you're already appearing to be dishonorable and setting yourself up for argument. I have been in business for centuries, just not in domains. I hope I was able to offer you some worthwhile insight.

•••
As someone who manages a portfolio of my own domain names, the majority of which I consider to be inventory I would like to move for reasonable retail prices, I have an internal debate about showing buy it now prices vs. accepting offers to generate leads. I am not sure if there is a right way or a wrong way to do things, so I thought I would share the internal debate I have when considering these two popular landing page and platform options and get some perspective from..
Read More

Thank you for the read. It's appreciated! As a beginner, I relish the words of those who are succeeding. Your internal debates are helpful. Thanks again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back